Status
Not open for further replies.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Raider Pride said:
Timmons said:
There are some really great football minds on this site. Trom, Bruce, Arrow, T.O., Depack, Ryan, Pack fan, Pack 66, Packer chick, All about, Zero, Gak, N.D., Net, Cali Cheese, Ohio, and I could go on and on.

Darn i am not a great football mind :( :(
PS that was a little over the top

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
The funny thing is that the ones who are defending TT so stoutly now will be the ones calling for his head if The Pack does not come out of the gate winning.
Back to Woodson, he is a veteran player who has had a couple of injury years, hopefully he stays healthy, if he does go down, I have a lot more confidence in Carroll than some on this forum.
With a healthy Woodson and Carroll being the #1 back-up, our defense can only get better.
I stated earlier on another thread that I really believe if it weren't for the big contract that Carroll would be starting in front of Woodson by the fifth or sixth week of the season.

Great post. I agree. Hey, Carroll is cocky....Woodson is cocky......now Harris is acting cocky a year after signing an extension. It's the nature of the beast. Playing corner in the NFL? You better be cocky and have a short memory. If we only went after corners that were great role models and thought about nothing but the team, we'd be cornerless.

I don't care about their mouths, bad practice habits or not showing up at VOLUNTARY workouts. I just want a couple corners that will make some friggin' plays come game time :x I think we have them.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Buckeyepackfan said:
The funny thing is that the ones who are defending TT so stoutly now will be the ones calling for his head if The Pack does not come out of the gate winning.
Back to Woodson, he is a veteran player who has had a couple of injury years, hopefully he stays healthy, if he does go down, I have a lot more confidence in Carroll than some on this forum.
With a healthy Woodson and Carroll being the #1 back-up, our defense can only get better.
I stated earlier on another thread that I really believe if it weren't for the big contract that Carroll would be starting in front of Woodson by the fifth or sixth week of the season.

Great post. I agree. Hey, Carroll is cocky....Woodson is cocky......now Harris is acting cocky a year after signing an extension. It's the nature of the beast. Playing corner in the NFL? You better be cocky and have a short memory. If we only went after corners that were great role models and thought about nothing but the team, we'd be cornerless.

I don't care about their mouths, bad practice habits or not showing up at VOLUNTARY workouts. I just want a couple corners that will make some friggin' plays come game time :x I think we have them.

I agree, but then why are you guys bringing up Carroll? :)

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
Raider Pride said:
Timmons said:
There are some really great football minds on this site. Trom, Bruce, Arrow, T.O., Depack, Ryan, Pack fan, Pack 66, Packer chick, All about, Zero, Gak, N.D., Net, Cali Cheese, Ohio, and I could go on and on.

Darn i am not a great football mind :( :(
PS that was a little over the top

A football mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Hammer

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

I agree, but then why are you guys bringing up Carroll? :)

because we all know he is your favorite player

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:shock: Now wouldn't it really throw all this B.S. into a cocked hat if some player not mentioned out performed either harris or Woodson and became GB's staring CB? Just thinking, it could happen!!! LOL

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
It however does not surprise me that Woodson did not show up. I wonder if him and Cletidus Hunt hang out? Perhaps they enjoy watching Maury Povich while chowing down a big bowl of Captain Crunch in the mornings instead of showing up for work. I know, its voluntary. God he's only getting paid 454,765,453 Million dollars, why show up for anything not mandatory for that chump change!

Whatever the case, everyone needs to cut out the "you are speculating" comeback garbage. This whole forum is one giant place to speculate on the future. People can predict whatever they want.
You have made it quite clear that you "hated" Woodson in Oakland and now you hate him here. I have tried to be nice to you, I have tried to brush it off my shoulders, but now I know you'll always be that *** who has something negative to say about him, with your only defense being that people like me act like he's God or worship him every day or think he's the best athlete since Bo Jackson or some other BS you dream up, instead of actually reading what I have to say and realizing I have watched the guy play since his freshman year at Michigan---not only that, every Raider game I watched #24 the entire play, I didn't watch the natural progression of the game and where the ball was going, I just locked on #24 and what he was doing. If someone did that for the last 8 years, maybe, jusy maybe, they know what they're talking about, and taking offense to some random guy who says "Durr, I think Woodson is gonna suck. Um, I just don't see it. Uhh, prove me wrong or whatever, but he's just a lazy overpaid bum and yada yada yada." The f*cking brilliance it takes to post such an inept post is beyond comprehension.

So as of now, I don't give a damn about you or your opinions. Which is what this board is for, right? So Pyle, suck on it.

Hey, don't get mad. It's just my opinion! And hey, we don't know what's going to happen in 06...you really could be sucking on it!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
pyledriver80 said:
It however does not surprise me that Woodson did not show up. I wonder if him and Cletidus Hunt hang out? Perhaps they enjoy watching Maury Povich while chowing down a big bowl of Captain Crunch in the mornings instead of showing up for work. I know, its voluntary. God he's only getting paid 454,765,453 Million dollars, why show up for anything not mandatory for that chump change!

Whatever the case, everyone needs to cut out the "you are speculating" comeback garbage. This whole forum is one giant place to speculate on the future. People can predict whatever they want.
You have made it quite clear that you "hated" Woodson in Oakland and now you hate him here. I have tried to be nice to you, I have tried to brush it off my shoulders, but now I know you'll always be that *** who has something negative to say about him, with your only defense being that people like me act like he's God or worship him every day or think he's the best athlete since Bo Jackson or some other BS you dream up, instead of actually reading what I have to say and realizing I have watched the guy play since his freshman year at Michigan---not only that, every Raider game I watched #24 the entire play, I didn't watch the natural progression of the game and where the ball was going, I just locked on #24 and what he was doing. If someone did that for the last 8 years, maybe, jusy maybe, they know what they're talking about, and taking offense to some random guy who says "Durr, I think Woodson is gonna suck. Um, I just don't see it. Uhh, prove me wrong or whatever, but he's just a lazy overpaid bum and yada yada yada." The f*cking brilliance it takes to post such an inept post is beyond comprehension.

So as of now, I don't give a damn about you or your opinions. Which is what this board is for, right? So Pyle, suck on it.

Hey, don't get mad. It's just my opinion! And hey, we don't know what's going to happen in 06...you really could be sucking on it!

You mean to say that all you did for the last 8 years of watching Raider football was lock on Woodson every play? What did you do when the Raiders were on offense? That must have been the time to go get another cold one from the fridge! Excellent! :packbeer:

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
I watched #24 the entire play, I didn't watch the natural progression of the game and where the ball was going, I just locked on #24 and what he was doing. If someone did that for the last 8 years, maybe, jusy maybe, they know what they're talking about

sure EVERY play that Charles Woodson has been apart of you have watched him not the ball just him. Thats believable

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the networks are all magical at covering the secondary action, right?

Woodson is going to be solid, nothing more, nothing less. I doubt he will actually earn his contract!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:

Wow, now that is funny! Just because I think he's overrated doesn't mean I will not support him or "hate" him.

The problem was Timmons stated what he thought just like you do on a daily basis. He has a right to state his opinion on a guy just like me or you. If he feels it because of a GUT feeling so be it. I feel it because I have seen him playthe last few years and like it or not he clearly isn't the premeire player he once was. He has been riddled by injuries, some of which may have been prevented by properly conditioning himself. Instead he has self admittedly chosen to skip off-season workouts.

I don't care if you want to hear my "opinions" or not. Everything you say is biased toward him so your opinions mean little to me. C'mon, read your post stating you LOVE him and don't even watch the games but just focus solely on him. Who the hell does that? That is strange! I think maybe if you wouldn't be so focused on Woodson you would see a handful of other corners that are twice the player he is at this point in his career. It also must be hard to focus on a player on the sideline in street clothes when a game is going on. I feel for you, it must be a challenge.

Sorry Joker, without resorting to the mature saying of "suck on it" I think you are living in the late 90's and early 2000's. Have you gotten gas lately? Did you hear we caught Saddam?

I don't hate him I just see him for what he is. He will help this Def. and is an upgrade over Carroll but is still only the second best CB on the team. If he's stays healthy he will be a key contributor. He's just not anywhere as solid as he used to be

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Ahmad Carroll is going to set a record for balls thrown a DB's way in a season with Woodson and Harris on the roster.

I just hope he shuts his mouth, trusts his skills, and keeps his hands off the receivers this year.

I know, off topic, but kind of related to the fact that I think Woodson will do just fine for the Pack.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle, did you say something? Cuz you wasted your time writing, I just read what ND had to say and I'm about to go eat a sandwich.

Have a good day!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
Pyle, did you say something? Cuz you wasted your time writing, I just read what ND had to say and I'm about to go eat a sandwich.

Have a good day!

I knew you would read it, thanks for admitting it sweetheart

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to get into the middle of the foreplay guys, but no one has brought up the kind of safety play that the Oakland secondary has put on the field in the last few years.

Woodson's play may be off in part by injuries and aging, but his teammates could be a major factor in this equation.

It's hard to argue with stats, but sometimes there are other factors to consider.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:

Have a good day!

How old are you? :roll:

I mean it's not like he's saying anything "bad" He's stating the obvious.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, Pyle and Porky both coming at me...

Let me add this up. The two guys who haven't given Woodson a chance in hell, on every thread I post on, before Wood even steps on the field...have beef with me? I guess the numbers do add up!

Face it guys, my boy will throw down out there this season, and every time he does I hope you cringe and mutter "Dammit, Joker's gonna be on the board after the game talking ****", and I'll be watching the same thing thinking "Man, I'm gonna go to the board and talk ****!"

And Dakota, if you think teammates have to do with it, you're starting to make sense here, and we don't allow that on this board. Besides, Woodson should have played better with Fabian Washington, Stanford Routt, and Nnamdi Asomugha as his surrounding cast. I mean, come on! They have career COMBINED numbers of zero interceptions and zero fumbles forced! I mean, those are crazy good numbers!! And don't get me started on the insane QB pressure Warren Sapp caused the last couple years!

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dude joker anytime someone says Charles Woodson is slightly worse or tons worse than you think he is you take it as an personal attack and go insane *****ing at everyone. am not saying that you know less about Woodson than me bacuase i know u know more about him than me just cool down

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
And Dakota, if you think teammates have to do with it, you're starting to make sense here, and we don't allow that on this board. Besides, Woodson should have played better with Fabian Washington, Stanford Routt, and Nnamdi Asomugha as his surrounding cast. I mean, come on! They have career COMBINED numbers of zero interceptions and zero fumbles forced! I mean, those are crazy good numbers!! And don't get me started on the insane QB pressure Warren Sapp caused the last couple years!

Ummmm, Joker, I thought you said you only watched Woodson?

By the way, other people are concerned as well. The problem is that he recieved a huge contract which is what we had to pay to get him here. The truth is he's not worth it. He is not an elite NFL corner anymore. He has been nothing more than average and injury prone over the last 4 years. Could he regain his form, maybe. The problem is it would take a commitment that Cletidus, I mean Charles, is not willing to participate in.

Just for laughs I would be interested in seeing your list of the top 5-10 CB's in the league.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
Hmm, Pyle and Porky both coming at me...

Let me add this up. The two guys who haven't given Woodson a chance in hell, on every thread I post on, before Wood even steps on the field...have beef with me? I guess the numbers do add up!

Face it guys, my boy will throw down out there this season, and every time he does I hope you cringe and mutter "Dammit, Joker's gonna be on the board after the game talking ****", and I'll be watching the same thing thinking "Man, I'm gonna go to the board and talk ****!"

Joker, I'm not taking sides on this, because I think you are both right on some of your points.

If healthy, there is no reason Woodson cannot be a very solid veteran. I will be rooting for him to be exactly that, but I don't expect the superstar top pick coming out of Michigan either.

For the most part, I don't agree that "Woodson is going to suck this year"!

What kind of sandwich did you have, Joker? I hope it filled you up, because Pyle is a tenacious poster.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
dude joker anytime someone says Charles Woodson is slightly worse or tons worse than you think he is you take it as an personal attack and go insane ****** at everyone. am not saying that you know less about Woodson than me bacuase i know u know more about him than me just cool down

It's kind of scary, I can just see him breathing hard and veins popping out in his head sitting in front of the 'puter. Sweat pouring off of him in some dark dingy room with C-Woods old Michigan posters glowing in the candlelight. Relax man!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
thetombradyhater said:
dude joker anytime someone says Charles Woodson is slightly worse or tons worse than you think he is you take it as an personal attack and go insane ****** at everyone. am not saying that you know less about Woodson than me bacuase i know u know more about him than me just cool down

It's kind of scary, I can just see him breathing hard and veins popping out in his head sitting in front of the 'puter. Sweat pouring off of him in some dark dingy room with C-Woods old Michigan posters glowing in the candlelight. Relax man!

Kind of like some people are whenever anything bad is posted about Ted Thompson. Don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts