My latest 2021 mock

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey gang

I went on fanspeak and used their list. But I went with what I think are team needs. You may not agree with this, but here are what I thought our team needs are:

C G T TE WR DL ILB S QB

With this being said here is what I came up with

Rd 1 Pick 29: Mac Jones QB Alabama. As someone who watches Auburn football and is used to seeing Bama at least once a year I can honestly say Jones is possibly the best Quarterback I've seen Saban have. Or at least the closest I've seen Saban have to Rodgers. He's had others who can run better, but he's never had someone with this accuracy.

Rd 2 Pick 30: Josh Myers C Ohio State. We need to replace Linsley, and I'm not sure Hanson is the answer. I just know Jenkins is more valuable at Guard or the occasional game at Tackle than he is at Center. I also think Runyan and Patrick aren't the answer. I went with a guy who I saw a couple times this year.

Rd 3 Pick 28: Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State. 6'5 260 13.5 YPC last year, with a non-name QB. Put him with Rodgers this year, and either Jones or Love in the future he'll be better and his catch numbers will improve. (Only had about 30 catches last year)

Rd 4 Pick 30: Will Sherman T Colorado. We got lucky with one Day 3 Colorado Tackle, does lightning strike twice? Honestly though I haven't seen this kid play.

Rd 4 Pick 37: Cameron McGrone LB Michigan. 6'1 236. Knows how to play through hard times at Michigan. Liked what I saw out of him. Matched up with one of our other young linebackers, or as a backup he'll do well.

Rd 5 Pick 29: Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn. 6'1 180. We all saw his 40 during his pro day. He ran a sub 4.3 that looked like a 3.6. Overshadowed by Seth Williams. He won't be a 1 but he's definitely a 2 or 3, and with more reliable hands than MVS. (FYI I don't think Scwartz makes it this far, he may not even make it out of Day 2)

Rd 5 Pick 34: Jack Anderson G Texas Tech. I had this kid on my mock drafts for 2020, but he didn't come out. Mean and nasty 6'5 315. Looks like a definite upgrade early from Lucas Patrick.

Rd 6 Pick 30: Naquan Jones DL Michigan State. 6'4 323. Big bodied guy could help Kenny Clark get some plays off and help the defense by not having much of a drop off in performance IF he lives up to his ceiling.

Rd 6 Pick 36: Tariq Thompson S San Diego State. Admittedly haven't seen this guy play. 6'0 200 pounds. Concern is the level of play he was up against in college, and how that affects him developing in the NFL.

Rd 7 Pick 28: Eric Burrell S Wisconsin. Had I known I was drafting Burrell in Round 7 I may not have taken Thompson one round earlier. I saw Burrell a lot at Wisconsin. The defense as a whole had a bad year in 2020 for Wisconsin. Based on 2019 play though I think he would be an early Day 2 draft pick instead of a late Day 2. Could easily step in and be a 3rd Safety almost immediately.

I know you guys are gonna pan most of this but this is what I would do if I was Gute.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if the first round QB is a joke or maybe you are trying to make friends and influence people?

Maybe a CB or two would be nice.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blatantly tell someone their off their rocker with mocks ever but.....

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if the first round QB is a joke or maybe you are trying to make friends and influence people?

Maybe a CB or two would be nice.

So you KNOW Jordan Love the guy who led the nation in INTS in 2019 is THE guy? Also I'm hoping we don't draft a CB because with that and the King re-sign that could just about clean house from LaFleur north.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet you don't mention the issue you have with my mock

Okay, there is no way Green Bay wastes a first round pick a year after drafting a QB in the first with a HOF already as well. Last year I hinted at us in the QB thoughts, but never first round - figured day 3 maybe (predicted the Iowa QB to us). There simply is not a world as the roster presently exists that we select Mac Jones to be our 3rd QB. If Love was that autrocious, Boyle would not have been allowed to walk. Sorry but the Mac pick is ludacris.

The rest I'm not strongly opposed to the players, and I actually really like Myers at center, I just think Gute will target a swing interior with the option to play center, not a pure center like Myers - solid pick though.

I like Pat, but don't think he will slide clear to our 3rd. Pitts is the only clear TE ahead of him.

McGrone is a raw high upside LB I wouldn't be mad with us picking.

I'm just as willing with Pat to rule out personally Tariq at the pick you predicted as well. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't even see Day 3 but that is something I wouldn't state definitively...but to fall clear to the 6th - I'd christen him the steal not of just our draft but the entire draft as a whole most likely.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Rd 1 Pick 29: Mac Jones QB Alabama.
From WalterFootball.com
As is so often the case with players from Alabama, Jones benefited from a great supporting cast and extra media attention. Jones was then the best quarterback at the Senior Bowl practices.

Late in 2020, WalterFootball.com sought opinions on Jones from five different teams regarding the 2021 NFL Draft. Three had a fourth-round grade on Jones, one had him on the bubble between Rounds 2 and 3, and one team gave him a second-round grade. An AFC general manager said the second round was too high for Jones, calling him a mid-round talent, so opinions vary on Jones across the league.
Meanwhile last year they said
In speaking to sources, four teams said they had Love graded as a mid-rounder. Meanwhile, sources at three teams said they could see Love going in the first or second round of the 2020 NFL Draft.
Rd 2 Pick 30: Josh Myers C Ohio State.
using the same source for theses as I don't have time to dig around
Josh Myers*, C, Ohio State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 312.
Projected 40 Time: 5.28.
Projected Round (2021): 3-5.
Rd 3 Pick 28: Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State.
Ended the season injured, hence his low numbers. Only played four games. I don't see another TE drafted this year this high.
Rd 4 Pick 30: Will Sherman T Colorado.
I think they forgot about him as he isn't listed at any OL position. Doesn't matter as this is about where I expect the Packers to start with their OL picks, unless a top flight OT is available earlier. IMO the Packers have the cupboard stocked with passable replacements for everyone but Bakh and will draft to refill it.

ETA: once you get late into the 4th round predicting anyone is a crap shoot anyway.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you KNOW Jordan Love the guy who led the nation in INTS in 2019 is THE guy? Also I'm hoping we don't draft a CB because with that and the King re-sign that could just about clean house from LaFleur north.
No more than you KNOW Mac Jones is the guy.

And if I am reading this correctly you don't want a CB because you want the Packers to do bad so that the coaching staff is fired. MLF the guy who went 26-6 over his first 2 years as a HC, one of the best records ever for a coach?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also I'm hoping we don't draft a CB because with that and the King re-sign that could just about clean house from LaFleur north.

Hang on...wait what??? I'm sorry this is illogical and choosing to be so. Go get some sleep and come back fresh.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hang on...wait what??? I'm sorry this is illogical and choosing to be so. Go get some sleep and come back fresh.

Kevin King's nickname going forward is Toast after that NFC Championship performance. Give him close to 6.5 mil (after incentives) to do it again, draft ANOTHER CB...and let other need positions go. No way Murph or Gute survive that.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No more than you KNOW Mac Jones is the guy.

And if I am reading this correctly you don't want a CB because you want the Packers to do bad so that the coaching staff is fired. MLF the guy who went 26-6 over his first 2 years as a HC, one of the best records ever for a coach?

I explain the CB situation in the above thread. As far as MLF and the staff no they can stay, anything ABOVE MLF (Note I said LaFleur north) would be fired due to incompetence.

You're right about me not knowing about Mac Jones. I just know in 2008 the Pack drafted 2 QBs. One was Matt Flynn (I believe 7th round) the other was Brian Brohm in the 2nd. The first of the 2 QBs drafted didn't make it anywhere. The other guy was a really good back up for the Packers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts