1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My interview with AL DAVIS

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Mar 2, 2007.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    By Cheesey

API/UPI/EIEIO

I spent a little time interviewing Oakland Raider's owner Al Davis a few days ago. Here is a little of that interview.

Cheesey: First, I'd like to thank you for your time Mr. Davis.
    Al Davis: Huh? Where are we? Who are you?
    CH: So AL, are the rumors true about you trying to trade Randy Moss to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers?
    AD: Yes, it's true! I always liked that Rodgers..........I used to watch him on "PBS" every day! When he started singing that song about how "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" I would just sing along with him!
    CH: Thats a different Mr. Rodgers AL...........now, back to Moss. What are your plans?
    AD: I was gonna go out and try to sign Santana Moss and Kate Moss too. I figured I'd get the whole family playing for me! Moss, Moss and MORE Moss! Like that Santana Moss...........I mean, HECK! Thats Santana can really sing! I really like his song "Black Magic Woman!"
    Then I heard that Sammy Davis was available. I'm thinking of going after Elvis Dumervil too.
    We might suck on the playing field, but man, what a choir we would have! Santana, Sammy Davis, Elvis...............I thought Elvis was dead? Speaking of dead..........I was gonna try to hook up with that Anna Nicole Smith dame...........I figured I had JUST what she liked! Money, and I'm OLD! Uh...........excuse me........
    CH: Excuse you? Why?..................oh geez......whats that SMELL?
    AD: (Damn stewed prunes!) Can we continue this interview at another time? I have to have my nurse change me. Then I'll go into more detail on how I plan on making the Los Angeles Raiders the best team in the AFL!!!

2. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Cheesey,

It is fairly easy to beat up on an 76 year old man. Perhaps you get a kick out of that, I do not know I am not one to judge.

He was born with a passion for football and I can not blame anyone with passion for not letting go of that passion.

Al Davis is the only owner in the game who actually had proven himself in the game. Today's owners are all businessmen and have no fricking idea what it takes to draw up a game plan and execute that game plan, at least Al Davis did know that at one time.

He coached the U.S. Army team in 1956. He was a Coach for the Citadel, and coached at U.S.C. in 1966. Cheesey, when you were in grade 3 Al Davis was the commissioner of the American Football League.

I am sorry if I find it offensive to see **** like this about a person who was a "Boot Strap" success.

The Highest honor a man can have in football may be to be asked to induct a player in the hall of fame. To speak for him, for the player and Al Davis has had that honor NINE TIMES, including people like John Madden, Jim Otto, George Blanda, Willie Brown, Gene Upshaw, Freddie Biletnikoff, Art Shell, and Ted "Kick em in the head." Hendricks.

Beating up on an old man who is failing in mind and body because of old age is just not right. It is humor that is sick,

Al is revered for looking after Raiders who have been loyal, players that are down and out. He has invested Millions of dollars to those players, far more than the NFL Players Association has. That came from his personal income, and the Raiders organization.

You will read it all in his obit. It will all come out. But as for now it is all a big joke to bust his *** and make fun of a 76 year old man who needed a walker last time at the hall of fame to fulfill the request of John Madden to give him the honor of inducting him.

Go laugh at a 70 year old landlord if you must, but show a little respect for Al Davis if you may.

Cheesey, THIS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK at you. I respect you, like you and look forward to buying you beers when I get to Wis. in September.

I am just stating the facts and am so sick of the jokes that are out there about a man who may not be loved, but should be respected at east compared to the corp, owners of today.

Raider Pride

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry....it wasn't meant to hurt anyones feelings.
    Heck, comedians on TV make fun of old people, conservatives (like me) gun owners (like me) and just about everyone else.
    The difference is........they get paid big money to do so. I was just trying to make some people laugh. Heck, i make fun of MYSELF alot. I try not to take everything so seriously.
    I don't KNOW the guy, and i didn't think anyone would take offense to the satire i was trying to write.
    So, i truely am sorry that i offended you, and if i did offend anyone else, i also apologize to them.
    I know i wasn't politically correct. Guess i have to just learn to keep what i think is funny to myself from now on.
    Heck, i made fun of "tightwad Teddy" too. Even though i like the guy, and don't really feel that way about him.
    Sorry again RP.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

You almost got me in trouble at work for laughing (I don't know my password by heart so don't post at work).

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You and I have something in common there then. Being a conservative in San Francisco, I'm the butt of everyone's joke.

Hell, we have people at work on a daily basis talk about how all conservatives are stupid, inbred, and **** their sisters. I'm not kidding either. If I kicked their punk asses, I'd be fired, and H.R. doesn't care because they're all liberals as well. The thing is, it's a very good job and I get paid well, so I'm willing to put up with some ****.

Raider Pride - You're one of my favorite posters. I don't mean to laugh at your guy, but it's just nice for once I'm not the butt of jokes. I don't mean any offense to you by laughing.

6. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    RP

I believe that humor is a good thing in life. Cheesey would never say anything to "hurt" someone.

I thought it was funny.

And yes Al Davis has done many good things in his life.
    On the flip side, he has done a few somewhat controversial things as well.

Al Davis comments on his approach.
    "It's tunnel vision, a tunnel life. I'm not really a part of society."

7. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Zombieslayer, being from San Francisco, you might want to rephrase that! :razz:

8. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    THAT was funny

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

Actually, I'm not from here. There's a reason I'm a Packers fan.

But yeah, I shouldn't have said it that way.

10. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Illogical

[​IMG]

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "ALMOST!?!? Only ALMOST!?!?
    I was trying for the old..........make em laugh and have everyone look and say....."Whats wrong with that guy!?!?" :thumbsup:

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good catch! I was wondering if anyone would get that! :thumbsup:

I was watching Jay Leno last week, and he made a joke about Hugh Hefner, the Playboy owner. Hef is getting married to a 27 year old woman! (Hef is 80!) and Leno said "If you want to get them a wedding gift, they are registered at "Hospital Bed and Beyond!"
    That got a chuckle out of me!