My Four Positives from this Nightmare !!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A. Green - 110 yards and no injuries !!!

Donald Driver - What would we do without this guys guts !!!

Kampman - The Man played well IMO - Nice Sack !!

Barnett - Nice interception that could have got us back in the game !!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah id throw in the o-line not being completly terrible

the pass defense was clearly the worst part. pretty disappointed in that.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
you guys can point out all the positives you want, but we had alot more - things.

The true Negative is 26-0. Take away all you want from it but this team isn't even competitive

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80,

I have pointed out more than enough of my negatives in other threads today and am totally bummed about the team as a whole. This thread is about the few positives in the game however, so if you can't contribute, please find another thread !!!

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
umair said:
you guys can point out all the positives you want, but we had alot more - things.

The true Negative is 26-0. Take away all you want from it but this team isn't even competitive

Not even competitive? If it wasn't for my boy Hester's punt return TD, the Pack weren't in horrible shape. Obviously the Bears were the better team today, but GB wasn't out of it til the "U" showed up.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right they could have lost 26 TO -15

AS far as Positives Winni, Driver was about the only one.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

What didn't you like about Ahman Green? I thought he played very solid against the best D in the NFL and a poor o-line. I think he averaged over 5 a carry.

Overall though Green, Driver, and throw in a couple of average games I guess and you get your positives. It wasn't pretty.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My positive from this game was watching the new linebacking corp playing sideline to sideline. They were shooting through gaps and making sure tackles. I have not seen that in Green Bay since Wayne Simmons and Brian Williams played. They do have to work in pass coverage, but there has been a definite upgrade in that unit from the likes of Hannibal Navies and Naill Diggs days.

My negative is KGB, and I sure hope noone is going to respond to this by saying he is our best rusher, because Kampman got a couple sacks and also held his end in running game.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins was active in the Dline. The front 7 played Ok other than Poppinga getting abused by the TE.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YERCELL said:
pyledriver80 said:
umair said:

Not even competitive? If it wasn't for my boy Hester's punt return TD, the Pack weren't in horrible shape. Obviously the Bears were the better team today, but GB wasn't out of it til the "U" showed up.

Please!
They were lucky that the Bears gaged on a few opertunities to score TDs and settled for FGs. The score should have been at least 34-0.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we just need some changes on our pass d and we will have an ok team.

yea the offence couldent score but i think they showed that they have the abality to be good.

yes i am very upset but i still have alittle bit of hope.

hopefully we can get on the same page, then we will be just fine.

i hope i dont get flamed for this post.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:

What didn't you like about Ahman Green? I thought he played very solid against the best D in the NFL and a poor o-line. I think he averaged over 5 a carry.

Overall though Green, Driver, and throw in a couple of average games I guess and you get your positives. It wasn't pretty.

Green's average was kind of clouded. Seemed like he gained a lot of yards on 3rd and very long.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:

Green's average was kind of clouded. Seemed like he gained a lot of yards on 3rd and very long.

thats why Green wasn't really a positive IMO.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, but how many of those 3rd and longs did he manage to run for 1st downs (on those draws, up the middle, with the rookie guards...)?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:

Even before that he had a 4.6 average and was running well. I'm talking before the 1st half. Overall Green played very well for going against your stout defense especially coming off of an injury.

Members online

Latest posts