My Fellow Cheeseheads...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The offseason has begun, but let's not act like the poor sports other fan bases claim us to be.

We had a magical season, moments that we will reflect on for years to come, 14-4, most of those moments will be fond and remembered for the great times they were. They are countless indeed, from the bombs from Farve to whomever to the running of Ryan Grant to the big sticks of Bigby to the pressure applied by the overall defense. Big kicks from a rookie kicker.. recievers growing into legends of their own right in front of our eyes. A great year and one of overall growth of our team and coaching staffs.

But alas, the tune of some is failure and revolt. Come on and think about this, in all that we achieved we are a young team and coaching staff. Youth brings mistakes, yes even from the coaching staff and management. But that doesn't take away the season, the moments of greatness we all got to witness. There are other franchises in this league that would trade with us in a heartbeat, because we will only improve as these players gain experience and we continue to add depth and talent.

The future is bright and next season starts for all in two weeks, we didn't bring home the rings nor the trophy, but I for one enjoyed every moment of the season, right down to the field goal kick that was hooked at the end of regulation.

It just happens our bid fell short this year.. with that said, each fan has their right to express themselves according to their personalities and emotion. Albeit I don't understand the anger and vile posts ripping players apart, that is your right, I understand pointing out where certain players fail or didn't get it done. But to lay blanket statements like so and so sucks, come on and get over yourselves. One game does not make a year, so lighten up and understand all but one team in the playoffs lose their final game.

Either that or I can make the claim the Brady sucks because he didn't carry the team yesterday.. or LT failed because he couldn't play because his knee hurt. Ridiculous... I agree.

If that is your cup of tea.. complain as much as you want... it is telling of type of fan that you are. And the fan bases around can point and say "that is what I am talking about".

As for I, I think I will take a break from this non-sense until the waters calm. I can't read the amount of angry, emotional or derogatory posts of a team that finished 14-4.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very well said. all i kept thinking this whole season was how much i wished my dad was here to enjoy it with me. he would have been thrilled & would have accepted last nite's loss for what it was - a loss...not the end of the world.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you are right it was a good year not many thought we would even get into the playoffs maybe a wild card i belive we have a good team good players i'm looking for next season to be better

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
very well said. all i kept thinking this whole season was how much i wished my dad was here to enjoy it with me. he would have been thrilled & would have accepted last nite's loss for what it was - a loss...not the end of the world.

I am sure he "did" enjoy the season from his vantage point, Jules.. 100% with ya.. not the end of the world or team.. be proud indeed. Keep smiling girl.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice post.

My frustration revolves around Brett not getting to another SB. We had it giftwrapped this year and we blew it. I am not a Favre-firster but wanted to see the man go out on top for all he has gave this organization.

I try to look at the bright side, but here is where that side gets a little cloudy. We have youth, but its veterans that make this team go. Brett, Tauscher, Clifton, Harris, Woodson, Tausher, Davis, Driver, KGB, etc. If we start losing these guys are we still a 13-3 team? Was this the last chance?

I don't know, my emotions are all over the place. In the end it is what it is and I have no control over it. I am stuck uttering the same words

GO PACK GO!

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our tackles did an excellent job protecting Brett. But like KGB94 said above, I'm scared that we might start to decline if our veterens start to decline. But we also have young starters.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all that being said; Let's move on to the draft. I never pay much attention to the draft because I don't pay attention to College football. I will have to leave it to you guys who follow college ball to keep me informed on who is a good pick and who isn't. I'm kind of excited to see what new toys Favre and company have to play with next season.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully our team will stay healthy, and we have a good off-season, so we can get a new shot at the trophy. I've personally got over the dissapointment of last night, which was really painful.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you expect from a bunch of spoiled, i want it now, Madden playing, TV babies who never played the game of football...

Don't worry.

Favre will be back next year, and the Pack WILL be in the SB!
:thumbsup:

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am dissapointed, we came off on a crappy note and stunk the place up. A 13-3 record is completly pointless unless you get to the superbowl...it means nothing. Look at the bears, they went to the SB last year and look at them now. We can easally be a 4-12 team next year, anything can happen. I will be looking forward to playing madden though, but dont expect us to do any better next year...anything can change.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you expect from a bunch of spoiled, i want it now, Madden playing, TV babies who never played the game of football...

Don't worry.

Favre will be back next year, and the Pack WILL be in the SB!
:thumbsup:

Personally, I’m getting a little bit sick of listening to you Fuzz. I’m glad you obviously played football, I know this because you insist on putting it in every post as some holier than thou speech that I am sure you made a thousand times. I’m elated that you threw the rock around a little, but, that doesn’t make you any better entity than the rest of us. I having not played football outside of the backyard am still a true fan in every sense of the word.

My life revolves around Packer Sunday’s. My wardrobe consists of hundreds of dollars of Packer gear. I spend what little money I left every week to buy food to get together with a few friends and cheer on my team. I bleed the Pack, support my team, and feel that I have every right to complain whenever I want to.

We sucked it up last night plain and simple. Our game was inconsistent and it showed. I don’t need to have played football to make that statement. Saying that Favre will be back and we will be in the SB next year is naïve at best. You, having played so much rock, should know this better than anyone else. We had what might have been the best chance of the rest of my life to get to the SB last night, and we blew it.

Should Favre come back, who knows? After last night, I think that is a totally debatable topic … one in which I am allowed to express my emotion whether I played pigskin or not.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice post, pack93z. I'm just beginning to delve into everyone's comments about the game and the season. I was at the game and did not get home until this morning, then had to go to work.

I would've been much more disappointed with a loss last week than the loss last night. The Packers needed to win last week to sort of legitimize that 13-3 regular season record. Last night's game was hugely disappointing because the stakes were so high, but when you get into the final four in the NFL the game is played at a higher level. The Giants may not have been the team we expected to meet there, but they are playing at that level right now.

Now the GM and coaching staff have to figure out how to upgrade a team that is already very close to winning it all. This year's team was a lot like the '95 team. Let's hope next year is like '96.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z Here Here! Well statedpost. My wife and I like you have hundreds of dollars in our Packer Wardrobe. We also are season ticket holders and we were at the game last night and although we lost in OT we we saddened but also appreciative of what the Packers accomplished this year. They gave it the best shot but someone wins someone loses. I am also going to let this stuff settle down as we are Packer fans forever! as for fuzznuts... and his bull s*** postings.. i agree with you that he/she is a little off and of course since she/he played the game must be superior to us that are backyard players. GO Pack GO! ! !

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Nice post, pack93z. I'm just beginning to delve into everyone's comments about the game and the season. I was at the game and did not get home until this morning, then had to go to work.

I would've been much more disappointed with a loss last week than the loss last night. The Packers needed to win last week to sort of legitimize that 13-3 regular season record. Last night's game was hugely disappointing because the stakes were so high, but when you get into the final four in the NFL the game is played at a higher level. The Giants may not have been the team we expected to meet there, but they are playing at that level right now.

Now the GM and coaching staff have to figure out how to upgrade a team that is already very close to winning it all. This year's team was a lot like the '95 team. Let's hope next year is like '96.

Greg - That's what I was thinking. We're the '95 team. Next year, we win it all. :cool:

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'twas a good year - I'm a bit bummed now, but I think I'll pick up again the closer it gets to the draft.

Beating MN and DET twice was great, losing to the Bears twice was a bummer. I even got to go to my very first Green Bay game this year at Lambeau and it was a great time.

This loss stings, but there's always hope for the future.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
great post pack93z, and you have to hand it to the giants, they made a statement game at the end of the season and they wanted a chance to prove they can beat the best. god speed to them!
as for the packers, heartbreaking loss, but one im sure the boys will remember and im hoping it makes them hungry once the leaves start falling!
GO PACK!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am Majorly disappointed... i honestly thought we were going to the Superbowl. Especially after the blow out win vs seattle.

I had my heart set on Arizona, had air tickets all ready, and rearing to go... Sigh.

Well, when a team plays as well as the Packers do, you tend to get your hopes up...

Besides which I incorrectly predicted the 16-0 record for the Packers... Who'd have thought I was correct with the 16-0 prediction but for the OTHER team that starts P-A-....-S? Deep sigh.

I will now look forward to baseball, biking, fishing, Karate, and making money until the football season starts again.

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post! I think people need to start giving the Giants some credit. I bet that Tampa Bay fans, Dallas fans and now Green Bay fans all are saying - we were better than the Giant's - we shouldn't have lost. But I think after 3 huge road wins we need to start believing that maybe at the end of the year the Giants were the best in the NFC.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good discussion everyone. I too see a team that can only get better. Truth be told they didn't really gel this year until the running game was solidified. Imagine starting next season with that in place already (plus Herron back). Shore up a few spots in the draft or FA and you have a team that could easily do it all over again.

It was certainly a disappointing end to a - yes I'm going to say it - a magical season. But the Giants played the better game on the day that it counted the most for them to do so. I didn't put it together until Rich Eisen mentioned it - they beat the NFC South Champs, then the NFC East Champs and lastly the NFC North Champs so they deserve to be where they are.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post 93Z.
This was a magical year, everyone should enjoy the ride we had.
Don't worry the foundation has been layed fo future success. Certainly players that we feel are key to success will leave for whatever reason but we have in place an administration that will see that the cupboard will not go bare. Harlan had the foresight to lock up Thompson and McCarthy for the long term and I believe they will keep the necessary talent in the pipeline for years to come.
This year was not a fluke!
At the end of Lombardi's run the Packers had gotten old.
We are a young team now and I doubt that this administration will sit on their one year success and allow that to happen again.
The future of the Green Bay Packers looks pretty bright to me.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry the foundation has been layed fo future success.

This is the key right here.

The foundation is here. It is strong. We will be a perennial Playoff team for years to come, and you can't win an SB without going to the Playoffs.

I see a good future for the Packers.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Don't worry the foundation has been layed fo future success.

This is the key right here.

The foundation is here. It is strong. We will be a perennial Playoff team for years to come, and you can't win an SB without going to the Playoffs.

I see a good future for the Packers.
amen to that!
its a great time to be a pack fan!

Members online

Latest posts