1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My defense of Favre

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by LambeauLeaper, Dec 5, 2005.

1. LambeauLeaper

LambeauLeaper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As I've stated on this forum before, I like to listen to "In the Herd" in the mornings on my way to work. Colin Cowherd is witty, and usually right on, but over the past several weeks he has been bashing Favre every chance he's gotten. He constantly makes comparisons to Vick and claims that Packer fans are the leagues biggest hypocrites and are "hero Worshippers". I think that's true for some, but unfair to lump everyone into that category. Here is the email I sent him.

2. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice letter and I am glad you took the time to write it. Brett has become one of the greatest football players of all time and besides being a future hall of famer he has shown character both on and off the field unlike that we may ever see again. Am I a Brett fan ( Your Damb right I am ) and as a "Packer Fan" I can only hope that he comes back for acleast another year because A) This team still needs him and B) I don't think he should have to finish his "legendary career" on this note. On a side note, I really believe that there are some, like the reporter above that would love to see Brett give up now as when some people feel small and insecure, they love it when they see others fail ( but that's just my opinion ). Give the Man your faith and he will be back but I am not sure he will continue to play if he does not have it. Why should he ?

3. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good letter! :thumbsup:
    Take out the names like Donald Lee and Bill Shroeder etc. - you know how Brett hates to say anything negative about his teammates (sometimes I think, he would rather let you cut off his right thumb than bashing a single player of his team) - and then send it to him personally.
    Go to his official site and post or pm it, maybe their admin tells him and maybe you get an answer from himself.
    I think he understands that the Packers and their fans need and want him for at least one more year, let it only be in order not to finish a career like his with a season like this. He'd deserve it better!

4. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Well said. I don't think that any Packer fan wants Favre dumped like yesterdays newspaper. Some of them just want to know if Rodgers was a steal in the draft at 24th or the next Joey Harrington. That’s how I see it anyway. By the way, if Sunday was Favre's last trip to Chicago, the Bears winning while giving Favre a beating will not wash away the dominance that he had over them for so long.
    :bow:

5. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me add my praise to the letter you wrote. I,too, am a big Favre admirer. Who else could play as well as he has in the last couple of years with all the adversities he has had. I,too, agree with the fact that he has no receivers to help him. I watched him on the news last night, and read what he said in the paper. What a great guy. He gave the Bears compliments about what a good team they are. Please, Brett, come back next year.

6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Leaper.....this may be the best thing I have read on this forum. Packer fans are split over alot of things right now (especially the coaching), but there should be NO disrespect thrown Favre's way by ANY Packer fan. You can be negative toward this team and still be a fan. You can even bash Sherman and still be a fan. Disrespect Brett Favre and you are not a "true fan" of the Green Bay Packers. If anyone wants to ask my why, I now have your letter to point them to. Thank you!

Please, for the benefit of us "out of towners"...who is this guy and how can we get an email out to him.