1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My Day

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zero2Cool, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    - I woke up two hours late for work. (I'm NEVER late, NEVER!)

- I got chewed out at work for helping another office train a person because they failed to do it properly.

- On my way home from Buffalo Wild Wings a guy in a PT Cruiser side swipes my car. No injuries.

- I got stood up at my tutoring session at college

- I emailed my assignment to my instructor, with OUT the attachment that I had just deleted causing me to redo the entire assignment and re-write two programs

- I come onto my favorite Packers forum only to get blasted (comes with the territory so its cool, sucks regardless)

+ I find out that Dale Jr is honoring his father with a black dominant paint scheme.

+ Brett announces (which confirms my pizza delivery man is a valid source!) he's playing in 2006.

It amazes me how two peoples decisions that I've never met before in my life can turn my overall crappy day into a very positive one.

2. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. I've always found it odd how athlestes can have such a profound affect on our lives. It seemed strange to me that I was so affected by the deaths of Reggei White and Kirby Puckett. But I guess, even though I've never met them, they are a part of my life in a way. I still remember watching the '87 and '91 WS on the foot of my parents bed. Kirby is just as much a part of those memories as my parents and my sister.

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    wow...that is a really sh!tty day though buddy. :lol:

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wow zero - sending a cyber hug your way. sucky day, dude!!! :pals:

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this guy had a bad do also.

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry...pic didn't come up.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Zero......don't sweat the "getting blasted here" thing............you do a fine job. Thats the reason i wouldn't want it............you don't get much appreciation for it. Life is FULL of up and downs..........(especially if you are an elevator man!)

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    haha thanks man, comments like this make it worth all the effort.

i fear elevators!

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Trying to stir the pot?

Nobody blasted him. People....as in more than one.....had a problem with one way he was moderating. Apparently, Ryan agreed. Nothing against Zero just a philosophical difference of opinion that hopefully was worked out because caring people didn't sit on their hands. That's all.

I believe you yourself once b1tched about being deleted for no reason. Am I wrong?

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    oh please ... lol

It's all good. Like I said, it comes with the territory and I am more than capable of taking it. It was more so jus another tally on a rather poopie day that is all.

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    At least you were saved by the Brett news. Some on this forum (not you) would add that to the poopie side!

12. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who doesn't want Favre back? Besides TT I mean. :roll: :bs: :rotflmao:

That is a pretty sucky day Zero, but I would add a + for not getting hurt in the crash. It would have really sucked if something happened to you or the other guy!

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Geez......you REALLY get off on TRYING to remember exactly what WHO said on WHAT day, don't you? Just so you can use it against people at a future date.......you remind me of someone from a "site not to be named" that used to enjoy trying to use people's own words against them.......when it was to HIS benefit.. You ARE wrong......i did NOT "BITCH" as you put it. I questioned why something i posted was gone, in an ADULT fashion (maybe you should try that) and was given a response in a PM.
    I handled it that way, and was treated with respect. I have no complaints on it now, i was given an explanation. Plus, it's not MY site. How they decide to do it is THEIR choice. If i don't like it, i can question it, but they don't OWE me anything.

14. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    WOW...don't mess with cheese. Yes, I do like to use people's own words against them. I think people should be accountable for what they post. I'm an idiot like that. I found it funny that you gave us another one of your sanctimonious rants about people crying about the mods when you yourself have been guilty of the same thing.

Sorry to call you out on it but you jumped in with both feet.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Theres a HUGE difference on how i handled it then how you did. If you can't see that, i guess you only see what you want.
    You do look to find fault in others, and are quick to point their faults out. Why don't you try looking in the mirror first, and judge yourself before you are so quick to jump on others?
    Judge your actions with the SAME attack mode that you do to others.
    When people are discussing their opinions on things, is it necessary to file everything away for future use JUST to belittle them? Does that make you feel good? Do you think you are ALWAYS right? Seems that way.
    I give respect to anyone that is willing to give it back to me. Obviously, you don't work by the same set of rules i set upon my self.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Try it sometime........you might be surprised at how different people will look at you.

16. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Dude you jumped in the middle of it, accusing people of blasting zero. Why do you have a problem with me calling out people when they are hypocrits. You are calling out people for blasting zero.

Why do I waste my time? Your posts contain nothing.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you for proving my point.

18. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Saying he thinks I'm doing a fine job and not to sweat 'getting blasted here' is reason for calling him out? He didn't say anyone was blasting me, he said in quotes what I had said.

The guy said something positive and you feel the need to jump in and make it a negative. Wonderful thing for new users to read.

Spend more time on what you say then what others are saying or have said for the sake of argument.

If you wanna blast someone, PM me and blast me. I've seen enough of this garbage from you. (Don't even think of this as a threat)

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you Zero........it's his "M.O.".............at least he's consistant.
    I didn't accuse anyone, yet he likes to make it a point of remembering what people post, so he can show them what hipocrites they are.......isn't THAT funny? Guess his memory isn't what he thinks it is........but thats ok, why bother with the facts, when you can get a good bashing out of it, hey Depack?

20. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Wow there's a shock...you take cheesey's side for taking up for you. Quite a stretch for you!

Again...don't tell me how to post....just don't read them. Or...I guess you can ban me, right?

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I wonder if he took my side because it was the truth? I didn't accuse anyone, as YOU said i did. YOU are the one that accused. But again.....why bother with nasty facts when you can have so much FUN belittleing people, hey?
    You are right.........i can, and will ignore your posts. Hopefully the rest of the site will too.

22. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    WOW :roll: I apologize....I thought you were an adult. My bad.

23. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW depack :roll: i apologize...i thought you were a man. my bad. :p

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    'taking up for you' <-- huh?

I didn't tell you how to post. I simply stated if you want to blast (attack) someone, blast me via PM. I'd much rather myself getting attacked via PM than seeing the childish arguing hogging most of the discussion on a Packers forum.

No one will be banned. I do not have that privilege (lucky for many here) and Ryan doesn't see banning as positive action. He seems to feel those who some (me) feel they need to be banned simply need more time to learn the rules of the site.

It is his site and I have to respect his rules, lets all try it together.

A few side notes...
    I can only hope to speak to Ryan when he is drunk beyond belief and I somehow talk him into giving me admin, even if only for a hour. ;)

Someone who takes pride in remembering what those who say that they've never met person to person is ... well let's just say that type of behavior strongly implies said person needs a life and/or hobby.

25. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Get over yourselve boy. Maybe Ryan doesn't give you authority because you've abused it in the past. Naahh....couldn't be that.