My Choice for Coach

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit I was a big Mariucci fan. I still think the guy can coach and has had a good history of success. I'm not sure anyone will win in Detroit with Milan as GM. But it doesn't look like they're going to look at him as a head coach and there has been some discussion that he doesn't want to be a head coach.

Ok, so here is what I'd do. I'd go as hard a possible for Tim Lewis. He's an amazing defensive coordiator. He's young, he has lots of fire, he's bright, he communicates well and is apparently very highly thought around the league. Pay Bates lots of money to stay on as defensive coordinator and hire Marriucci as your offensive coordinator. This entire program will be turned around in two years. To make that happen, they're going to have to move fast.

I don't want Childress because everyone knows Andy Reid runs that offense.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
Remember, the knock on Reid was that Holmgren ran the offense and he's turned out pretty well.
Not that it matters but... Of course Reid never ran the offense in GB. He was never a coordinator. He was TE coach and QB coach. In reality the knock on Reid was that he was never a coordinator.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sold all the way on Mooch...I think he struggles to maintain discipline with the younger players. I don't want the Packers to revert back to the Ray Rhodes regime. The Packers under Rhodes were nothing but undisciplined thugs in my opinion.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The knock on Childress is the same as the knock on Sherman, predictable, vanilla offenses. Don't hire Childress, it'll be a huge mistake.

Latest posts