1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My Choice for Coach

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packedhouse01, Jan 3, 2006.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I have to admit I was a big Mariucci fan. I still think the guy can coach and has had a good history of success. I'm not sure anyone will win in Detroit with Milan as GM. But it doesn't look like they're going to look at him as a head coach and there has been some discussion that he doesn't want to be a head coach.

Ok, so here is what I'd do. I'd go as hard a possible for Tim Lewis. He's an amazing defensive coordiator. He's young, he has lots of fire, he's bright, he communicates well and is apparently very highly thought around the league. Pay Bates lots of money to stay on as defensive coordinator and hire Marriucci as your offensive coordinator. This entire program will be turned around in two years. To make that happen, they're going to have to move fast.

I don't want Childress because everyone knows Andy Reid runs that offense.

2. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick note about Childress. It's not that I support him, but I don't like the arguement that he wouldn't be a capable coach because Reid runs the offense. Remember, the knock on Reid was that Holmgren ran the offense and he's turned out pretty well.

3. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not that it matters but... Of course Reid never ran the offense in GB. He was never a coordinator. He was TE coach and QB coach. In reality the knock on Reid was that he was never a coordinator.

4. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not sold all the way on Mooch...I think he struggles to maintain discipline with the younger players. I don't want the Packers to revert back to the Ray Rhodes regime. The Packers under Rhodes were nothing but undisciplined thugs in my opinion.

5. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The knock on Childress is the same as the knock on Sherman, predictable, vanilla offenses. Don't hire Childress, it'll be a huge mistake.