My Bold Predictions For the Offseason

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Brett Anounces his return to the Pack Between March 3 and March 6th. Also restructures contract to give Pack extra 3 million in Cap.
2. Pack Signs two name Free Agents. One Offesive Gaurd and one True MLB.
3. GB SIgn Unknown CB (we will probaly go WTF until we see him play.)Harris Type CB
4. Pack have big choices for the Draft I think the will sit on the #5 and Pick Up Mario Williams Although I could for see them picking up that Tight End who smoked the 40 times who also showed great technique blocking.

Second round will either be Chad Greenway or Calhoun but I feel first two to three picks will be defensive picks depends who is available. Calhoun is a good fit into a WC offense.

5. Pack will resign Gardner and will spend a atleast one pick on a Wide out to replace T Murphy.

6. Ferguson will be cut or traded.

7. Also think Long (Well I will think of some excuse) will be resigned.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sounds like a pretty good to me except we will be signing more players some of our own and some from other teams

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
1. Brett Anounces his return to the Pack Between March 3 and March 6th. Also restructures contract to give Pack extra 3 million in Cap.
2. Pack Signs two name Free Agents. One Offesive Gaurd and one True MLB.
3. GB SIgn Unknown CB (we will probaly go WTF until we see him play.)Harris Type CB
4. Pack have big choices for the Draft I think the will sit on the #5 and Pick Up Mario Williams Although I could for see them picking up that Tight End who smoked the 40 times who also showed great technique blocking.

Second round will either be Chad Greenway or Calhoun but I feel first two to three picks will be defensive picks depends who is available. Calhoun is a good fit into a WC offense.

5. Pack will resign Gardner and will spend a atleast one pick on a Wide out to replace T Murphy.

6. Ferguson will be cut or traded.

7. Also think Long (Well I will think of some excuse) will be resigned.

1. I dont see Favre reconstructuring.
2. I hope we do get some good FA's...except a MLB, I want a CB or safety
3. I hope you're right
4. I hope you're right
5. I know you're right
6. I dont want Longwell back

your #1 is really out there, especially listing dates! I hopey ou're right, but im a betting man, and i would bet against that with big money. the rest are all possible, and i hope most come true.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope your right. I dont see Sanders moving Barnett out of MLB though. Also I dont see Longwell as a Packer next year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitty said:
I hope your right. I dont see Sanders moving Barnett out of MLB though. Also I dont see Longwell as a Packer next year.

agreed. if we get a FA LB, i dont think it will be a MLB. Barnett led the NFC in tackles on a top 10 defense. give him a break!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUt look at our run defense pretty sad we had the # 1 passing D and we ranked i dont know what in running the middle lineback is an extremly important part of stopping the run so I say move barnettt ot the outside

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Schmitty said:

agreed. if we get a FA LB, i dont think it will be a MLB. Barnett led the NFC in tackles on a top 10 defense. give him a break!

Hey I dont take nothing from Barnett he has been good in the middle. However that said I think he is not a natural in the MLB slot. He would be a great Weak side linebacker which is a better fit for him.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
sounds like a pretty good to me except we will be signing more players some of our own and some from other teams

Well I could not go through everything I think that will happen would take an entire web page. I just think and hope this will be TT's coming out party not selling the farm wise but making striking moves that make more sense than last year O-line additions.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[your #1 is really out there, especially listing dates! I hopey ou're right, but im a betting man, and i would bet against that with big money. the rest are all possible, and i hope most come true.[/quote]

I dont know trom Just like my stinger observation in the last game it is just a feeling I have. Bretts been away from the game for almost two months now and I feel that he is getting that nagging feeling again. The reason for those dates is it is between the start of FA and six days before he is due his roster bonus. I just feel he will restructure he has said he would and therefore I think he will do it. Ofcourse that is contingent upon how TT approaches FA. I think TT big signings will come fast and furious at first.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chad Greenway won't make it to the 2nd round, but I think we will get the best LB available. I hope we get Thomas Howard or Bobby Carpenter.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JB,

I like your scenario and it makes a lot of sense. I don't think they will cut Fergy though. Unforturnately, cutting him creates much more "dead space" than it does cap room so finding a trade is the best we could probably hope for. He is sitting in a position like Hunt and were still paying for him.
This is not the case with Digg's and cutting him will add substantially to our cap so he is probably history.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya Warhawk but to me Fergy is dead wieght that puts his QB in bad spots three picks can be directed to him for lack of effort and stregth. I think TT would bite the bullet and cut him if no trade can be done

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-Brett Favre announces his retirement. Sorry. I think this is how it will happen, i think all the signs (in my eyes) point towards this

-Na'il Diggs cut soon
-Robert Ferguson cut June 1st

Re-Signs
QB-Craig Nall
RB-Tony Fisher
FB-William Henderson
WR-Rod Gardner
OG-Grey Ruegammer
DE-Aaron Kampman
DT-Grady Jackson (hopefully he signs for less because he demands too much at the onset of free agency)
DE/DT/?-Kenny Peterson (is an RFA, would gladly take a 5th for him)
LB-Paris Lenon
K-Ryan Longwell

Not Re-Signed
RB-Najeh Davenport
RB-Ahman Green (unless he gets no offers and is willing to re-sign for A LOT less, i give this a 20% chance)
OT-Kevin Barry (too large to benefit our new zone-blcok scheme
C-Mike Flanagan

Free Agents(I go on a bit of a spending spree keeping in mind we have a lot of freed up money with Favre retired)
QB-Josh McCown-We're gonna need someone, he's young yet, and I don't think Rodgers is ready
RB-Maurice Morris-Seattle keeps the MVP, but lets this guy go. I think he can split evenly with Gado. Being faster, we can run morris to the outside, and he will make a nice 3rd down back
C-Justin Hartwig-Instead of giving pro bowler LeCharles Bentley a huge payday, TT picks up a dependable, experienced center, and this o-line gets a fresh start, there are a lot of centers on the market, including Bentley, Hartwig, McCollum, Jeff Mitchell, a few others
DT-Ryan Pickett-Grady and Colin Cole will man the two DT positions, but we still need some depth for if (when) Grady gets hurt. Pickett should come cheaper
LB-Ronald McKinnon-A solid player on a terrible New Orleans team, experienced, and most importantly, Barnett can move to the outside.
CB-Reggie Howard-I changed it to him today after my idea for Jamar Fletcher got bad reviews. Howard could definitely start, Miami had to cut him today

Draft (copied and pasted from the mock thread)
1) DE Mario Williams, NC State
JW084's take: I think he's shifting to the more consensus first round pick for us, good to see

2) OLB Ernie Sims, Florida State
I think there are enough quality LB's for us to get a 1st-round caliber 'backer in the second round--I love Sims' ability, very quick, could start

3) CB Alan Zemaitis, Penn State
Trom, I like Zemaitis in the second round, but I like him in the 3rd round better--I've seen Zemaitis go anywhere from early second round all the way to not being drafted on the first day. I think somewhere around pick #68 we have a solid shot at getting him--I hope his ratings get better after the combine, because he deserves it, he was a pleasure to watch with solid CB size, but great instincts as well

4) OG Ryan O'Callaghan, California
Nick Mangold also a possibility in the 3rd but there are too many good defensive players on the board first day. TT will prove once again that you don't need to pick o-lineman on the first day (Rivera--5th, Tauscher--7th, Wahle--7th(?))

4) FS Anthony Smith, Syracuse
(added pick because I think we get some kind of compensation for Marco Rivera)
...a decent prospect on a terrible team, not as high as he possibly should be rated. Our depth behind Roman-Collins is...Marviel Underwood

5) RB Gerald Riggs Jr., Tennessee
...More depth at RB, most likeley spells the end for Noah Herron...

Other Points...
-If we can't get Grady back here, why not Brenston Buckner, just released by the Panthers today, he's 33, but played just fine the last couple season, maybe he has a few good years left
-If William retires, Denver released their fullback, Mike Anderson today

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well you said let ahamn go i say we keep the following ahman green, willam henderson, grey rugemmer, mike flanagan, kevin barry, and rod gardner. In Free agency we should pick up Julian Peterson, Brenston Buckner, a offensie lineman, chris hope, andre dyson, and another offensive lineman

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we're going to keep ahman, I don't see any big changes coming at RB, and I don't see us getting Calhoun either, not worth a 2nd round pick when we have greater needs..!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts