My Biggest Fear

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anybody else afraid of the parallel that is appearing between the Packers and Indianapolis Colts? Between 1999 and 2010, the Colts finished with ten or more wins in ever year except for 2001 (also the only year the Colts did not make the playoffs). The Colts had the best quarterback in the NFL (Manning) and a top 13 ranked offense in every year except for 2002. Even with all of these explosive offenses and trips to the playoffs, the Colts only won 1 Super Bowl. The Colts were a dominate regular season team who's defense and lack of running game was exploited year after year in the playoffs.

Similarly, the Packers have won 36 regular season games over the last three seasons. The Super Bowl in 2010 was special, but now the Packers have been blown out of the playoffs in two consecutive years. The defense and running game has cost the Packers for two straight years. As with the Colts, the Packers are a finesse team with an explosive passive game.

How do the Packers not become the Colts? Rodgers is only 29. The defense was infused with youth last year, but the offensive line and running backs are extremely weak.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning plays like crap in the post season. That is the biggest reason they only won 1.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about the Colts parallel? But my concern is that all we will get out of Rodgers is what we got out of the Favre years. One championship! :( We have failed miserably the last two times in the playoffs and a lot of things have to change from coaching, to intensity, to better talent, to better play, etc. Rodgers hasn't played very well in his last two playoff appearances and the defense has been especially miserable . I don't like the road we are on at this point. The team needs to rediscover the magic that made them successful in 2010.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Don't worry, it's a passing league and the Packers have one of the best passer's playing the game. After all look how many of the top passers are in the Super Bowl this year.........:) You can't win the Super Bowl without a top 10 QB these days. At least that's what I have been told.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, it's a passing league and the Packers have one of the best passer's playing the game. After all look how many of the top passers are in the Super Bowl this year.........:) You can't win the Super Bowl without a top 10 QB these days. At least that's what I have been told.

How scary is this... If Flacco wins on February 3rd, he matches Peyton Manning for playoff wins and Super Bowl wins.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nor does it account for the rushing (bears NFC championship)

Rodgers has a 18-5 TD to int ratio in the post season.

Manning has a 32-21 ratio.

True, but I am not saying Rodgers isn't as bad as Manning in the playoffs. I am trying to say that Aaron Rodgers hasn't really translated his regular season performance to post season performance since 2010.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kapernick and Flacco are playing like top-10 QB's.
Flacco has 841 yards, 8 TD's, 0 Ints in the post-season.... he's outplayed Brady, Manning, and Luck.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Flacco says he's elite. Ravens have been the anomaly since they won with Dilfer.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Name a SB champion over the last 5 years whose QB hasn't been on fire and playing at an elite level.

It's just that you can't win with an elite passing game alone. Packers have had no defense for the last 2 playoffs.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I don't know about the Colts parallel? But my concern is that all we will get out of Rodgers is what we got out of the Favre years. One championship! :( We have failed miserably the last two times in the playoffs and a lot of things have to change from coaching, to intensity, to better talent, to better play, etc. Rodgers hasn't played very well in his last two playoff appearances and the defense has been especially miserable . I don't like the road we are on at this point. The team needs to rediscover the magic that made them successful in 2010.
if nothing changes (hint capers) then it will be either three and done or maybe rebuild?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
biggest indicator of success in the nfl is passer rating differential.

Defense can be tweaked, Im not too worried.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anybody else afraid of the parallel that is appearing between the Packers and Indianapolis Colts? Between 1999 and 2010, the Colts finished with ten or more wins in ever year except for 2001 (also the only year the Colts did not make the playoffs). The Colts had the best quarterback in the NFL (Manning) and a top 13 ranked offense in every year except for 2002. Even with all of these explosive offenses and trips to the playoffs, the Colts only won 1 Super Bowl. The Colts were a dominate regular season team who's defense and lack of running game was exploited year after year in the playoffs.

Similarly, the Packers have won 36 regular season games over the last three seasons. The Super Bowl in 2010 was special, but now the Packers have been blown out of the playoffs in two consecutive years. The defense and running game has cost the Packers for two straight years. As with the Colts, the Packers are a finesse team with an explosive passive game.

How do the Packers not become the Colts? Rodgers is only 29. The defense was infused with youth last year, but the offensive line and running backs are extremely weak.

I can't agree that the running game has cost them games, its the simple fact that McCarthy doesn't run the ball that is costing us games. Harris had 11 carries all game long and was doing well, so yes what a great idea to not give him anymore carries. Stupid stupid stupid playcalling. McCarthy is too stubborn sometimes and it costs the packers games.

The time Manning finally won a super bowl was when they actually ran the ball quite a lot in every game. At least 28 carries combined with Rhodes and Addai. Is it so surprise that the packers have lost the last 2 years because they just won't run the ball.

Look at the games in the playoffs for 2010 for the packers, Starks ran the ball 20+ times every game except the super bowl where it was smart to use your passing game against the steelers becaus that was their weakness.

And while the defence has been bad, and yes capers should be fired(no clue why it hasn't happened yet), the offence is just as much to blame because they failed to do the basic things that wins you football games.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't agree that the running game has cost them games, its the simple fact that McCarthy doesn't run the ball that is costing us games. Harris had 11 carries all game long and was doing well, so yes what a great idea to not give him anymore carries. Stupid stupid stupid playcalling. McCarthy is too stubborn sometimes and it costs the packers games.

The time Manning finally won a super bowl was when they actually ran the ball quite a lot in every game. At least 28 carries combined with Rhodes and Addai. Is it so surprise that the packers have lost the last 2 years because they just won't run the ball.

Look at the games in the playoffs for 2010 for the packers, Starks ran the ball 20+ times every game except the super bowl where it was smart to use your passing game against the steelers becaus that was their weakness.

And while the defence has been bad, and yes capers should be fired(no clue why it hasn't happened yet), the offence is just as much to blame because they failed to do the basic things that wins you football games.

You're preaching to the choir man... I would love to see the Packers draft Eddie Lacy and have a ground game. I would love to see the Packers run on 3rd-and-1. I would love to see the ground game work with Rodgers and make the play action unstoppable. MM has to give the running game a chance next year.

Members online

Latest posts