My argument with giant fans

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were humble until they won that superbowl. I live in Jersey. I have to deal with this all the time. Ah well... soon they'll go back to being humble again. Wonder who will win the 2008 superbowl?

OP
OP
P

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed the Yankees fan acted like a ars too. Buncha front runners!

You read that thread on that board? I still feel proud to be a packer fan and would do anything to stick up for this team. I made an *** of myself but im sick of giant fans and how arrogant they are.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesnt bother me if another team has won the superbowl and are arrogant. They won the superbowl they are going to be just like us fans if the packers won. We have to give credit where credit is due, it wasnt our team which sucked, but I would be happy for another team if they won as well, it was well earned.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesnt bother me if another team has won the superbowl and are arrogant. They won the superbowl they are going to be just like us fans if the packers won. We have to give credit where credit is due, it wasnt our team which sucked, but I would be happy for another team if they won as well, it was well earned.

Well articulated Heather.

One thing you need to remember.
When you go to another teams web site, even though you are a "member", you are still a guest in their house.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw the giants ... let's all be serious here for a second ... giants aren't that good ... Yes they did beat us and did beat the patriots ... but if packers or pats play them 10 more times they would win the 10 more times ... giant's won't even make playoffs following year ... you will see ... I'll be quoting what i just said right now next year ...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

When you go to another teams web site, even though you are a "member", you are still a guest in their house.

Well IMO your not a guest Vikesrule here, you are a member and a valued one at that. :)

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw the giants ... let's all be serious here for a second ... giants aren't that good ... Yes they did beat us and did beat the patriots ... but if packers or pats play them 10 more times they would win the 10 more times ... giant's won't even make playoffs following year ... you will see ... I'll be quoting what i just said right now next year ...

Maybe the Giants werent that good but they did beat alot of teams and won the Superbowl, those are just the breaks, someone has to win. You maybe right, maybe they wont make the play offs next season, but if they do, they do there is nothing we can do about it. I really dont hate any teams, they all play hard and play to win. Of course I hope the Packers win because they are my team. But I would never say "I hate a team". Thats just IMO.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Spot on there VR.. well done indeed.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate Giants fans. They are just like every fan.

Look on the bright side.... they still have Manning as their QB. That alone is almost a guarentee they will lose a number of games next season.

OP
OP
P

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey vikes rule can your team please beat them next year. I hope you can anyway. I really love when the vikes beat the giants *** every time they play. This year watching that game was especially fun Manning getting owned by Sharper and the vikes defense.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants better hope that Eli survives the season. He didn't exactly get off to a great start last year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

I agree.
If you go to a rival team's site, you should EXPECT them to celebrate their team's super bowl win.
To take that personal is wrong. They beat us, and have earned the right to brag or show video of their beating us.
Heck......had we won, don't you think WE would still be bragging and pounding our chests???
To me thats not being arrogant, or rubbing salt in the wounds, it's fact that they won it all, beating the Pats, who were 18-0 in the process. They EARNED the right to brag.
Now, had it been me there, i would have silently hoped they get creamed next season, without saying it on there. Then if they DO go down in flames, you could go back and rub some salt in it.
It would have been payback. But to go after them, in THEIR home isn't right in my opinion.
But thats just me.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I will pull for dallas when they play them again. Im really starting to hate them behind our division of course. If they play the vikings I will root for a tie.

I will NEVER pull for Dallas. Dallas is the physical embodiment of all that is evil. They have 2 1st round draft picks this year. I don't like that. I don't like that at all.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerbacker04 said:
I think I will pull for dallas when they play them again. Im really starting to hate them behind our division of course. If they play the vikings I will root for a tie.

I will NEVER pull for Dallas. Dallas is the physical embodiment of all that is evil. They have 2 1st round draft picks this year. I don't like that. I don't like that at all.

Wasn't it Dallas we whipped in the Ifamous Ice Bowl?

And no I never root for dallas.... EVER!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my not so humble opinion, the Giants deserve to celebrate. They defeated the best Offense ever in the history of the NFL by limiting them to only 14 points. They prevented an 18-0 team from becoming the first team ever to be 19-0. You think Giants fans might be a little arrogant, they'd be NOTHING compared to Patriot fans have they gone 19-0. Trust me, you'd rather deal with Giants fans than Patriots fans.

The Giants pulled off not one, but 3 miracles. They beat 3 consecutive teams they were supposed to lose to, on the road. Nobody expected the Giants to win the SB. Everyone was saying it would be NE vs Dallas or NE vs the Packers. Nobody was thinking it was going to be NE vs the Giants in the beginning of the Playoffs.

Had the Giants kicker missed that FG and we rallied back and scored, then went on to beat the Pats, I think we'd be seen as arrogant and obnoxious because it is a HUGE deal to defeat the best O to ever play the game.

Imagine Favre beating Brady in a shootout and us winning 42-35 in a crazy Super Bowl. Then Favre immediately announces his retirement. You think we won't be seen as big-headed after that? I know I would, and I know the people around me would be sick of hearing it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True Zombie.
Had we done that, I'd still be bragging and enjoying it.
It was not to be for us though. I can't blame the Giants fans for puffing out their chests with what their team did. And it's on their HOME site. If you go there, you know that they will be happy, and want to keep reliving their triumphs.
When the Packers win, we all share in it and celebrate.
Thats just how it is, and should be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts