My Apologies

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'd like to apologize for anything I said yesterday that might have offended or put anyone off. I'd like to think that a lot of fans get heated and hyped after a game and aren't always thinking rationally or thinking before they say something, so I'd just like to say I'm sorry about that.

You'll find that I'm very passionate about my teams and often critical whether it's a win or a loss. I'm not a hater. I don't hate our team.

I just want to see my team do well, even though we are 8-0, no team is really perfect and there is always room for improvement. I know we have the talent, ability and players to do a lot better than we are doing and that's all I've been trying to get across these last couple weeks and really, that's all we can hope for is to get better each week and start dominating some of these games like I know we're capable of.

So again, I apologize.

If you want to merge this w/ my other thread that's cool, I just figured if it was a new thread everyone would be able to see this and understand my point of view.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I think we've all got caught up in the moment a time or two, and in trying to see the reasoning behind all the back and forth, just shows that Packer fans do love their team and want nothing but success!
(Here's hoping some of the team lurks on this site to see how passionate we do get sometimes!:sneaky:)

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's okay. You got really aggressive and passionate about the whole thing, but who wouldn't after seeing that defense? I believe many forum members were like that after what happened yesterday. That game was physically painful to watch.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been upset over the way the defense has played. Like you I'm passionate and know they can play better. What I've seen so far is not acceptable.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much can Capers do? There are only so many blitzes a guy can devise..... teams are ready for them with 6, 7 blockers.
We only have one guy, Matthews, to worry about.
Jenkins usually beat one-on-one blocking. We need Mike Neal back, and we need him to stay back and provide that pass rush.

Otherwise, Capers' hands are tied. Plus missing the captain of the backfield, Nick Collins, doesn't help and we see a lot of mis-communication.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
No worries, Southpaw. It isn't just you. I think we all get carried away with our emotions and it comes from a place of love for our team. I think we need to remember we are all "family" so to speak and sometimes we don't see eye to eye, we argue, we disagree, but the bottom line is we love our team. I think it makes this forum interesting. It's not a bunch of pre-programmed robots all nodding their heads in agreement.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
No worries, Southpaw. It isn't just you. I think we all get carried away with our emotions and it comes from a place of love for our team. I think we need to remember we are all "family" so to speak and sometimes we don't see eye to eye, we argue, we disagree, but the bottom line is we love our team. I think it makes this forum interesting. It's not a bunch of pre-programmed robots all nodding their heads in agreement.

Great post!

This a great example of how a Moderator should answer an apology thread. :tup:

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I apologize also southpaw, we just care so much about the team that we get carried away arguing.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
You're so smart, Kitten.

Reaction score
Apology not accepted because there is nothing to apologize about. ;)

Amen! That pretty much sums it up for me, too! The MAN upstairs had to be shaking his head and ready to throw a few lightening bolts at me during that SD flurry in the last 9 minutes of that game. Wasn't real pretty in this household and my wife sure made a point to remind me of my near melt down:devilish: Being passionate and enthusiastic about our beloved Packers enough to air our thoughts, concerns and criticizms demands NO apologies, IMO:tup:

Members online

Latest posts