MVP

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give it to Adrian Peterson hands-down.
To compare any other RB to his statline, you have to go back in time to historical greats.

Comparing Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Ryan, RG3, etc.... not a lot separates each of them.
But if a QB does get it, based on production and not East Coast bias or media hype, etc. then it has to be Rodgers, leading up to week 17. Week 17 can sway it though. But as of right now, it's clear:

RODGERS
Passer Rating: 106.2,
Passing: 35 TD, 8 Int, +27, 67.0%, 3,930 yards, 7.68 YPA, 46 sacks,
Rushing: 259 yards, 2 TDs, 20 FDs
Team Record: 11-4 (*12-3)

MANNING
Passer Rating: 103.7,
Passing: 34 TD, 11 Int, +23, 68.1%, 4,355 yards, 7.86 YPA, 21 sacks
Rushing: 6 yards, 0 TD, 2 FDs
Team Record: 12-3

BRADY
Passer Rating: 98.3,
Passing: 32 TD, 8 Int, +24, 63.1%, 4,543 yards, 7.56 YPA, 26 sacks
Rushing: 32 yards, 4 TDs, 11 FDs

RYAN
Passer Rating: 100.2,
Passing: 31 TD, 14 Int, +17, 69.0%, 4,481 yards, 7.85 YPA, 26 sacks
Rushing: 130 yards, 1 TD, 7 FDs
Team Record: 13-2

GRIFFIN
Passer Rating: 104.1,
Passing: 20 TD, 5 Int, +15, 66.4%, 3,100 yards, 8.27 YPA, 29 sacks,
Rushing: 752 yards, 6 TDs, 36 FDs
Team Record: 9-6

Now here's the part that bothers me from folks arguing for a different QB right now other than Rodgers. They say, yeah but Manning has taken his team up so much. Well, it's the MVP, not the "Most Improved" award.
Also, if you are going to factor other things in besides actual production (passing and rushing), then you better factor in their schedule, their pass protection, their running game, their defense, their receivers. And that's a lot of subjective material.
But I would argue that the pass protection of Rodgers has been, is, by far the worst of the group.
And his running game is the worst as well, which I believe partly coincides to the bad OL. Remember, they have 2 of their last 3 first round picks who were OT's on IR, so that's part of the reason for the bad OL.

Ryan has the best 1-2 combo in Pro Bowlers Julio Jones and Roddy White, plus the great Tony Gonzalez.
Rodgers has the deepest group of WRs, but none of them would be taken ahead of either of those Falcons, or the Broncos Demayrious Thomas.
I don't think Brady's WRs are that good other than Wes Welker, but the dynamic duo TE's of the best in Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez are unmatched.

Griffin, IMO, has by far the worst set of receivers. But he has a good OL and running game.

Again, I would, without question, write in Adrian Peterson as my winner.
But if it goes to a QB again because they consider the QB's the most valuable, then Rodgers deserves it among this group. Right now.
A week 17 meltdown loss in Minnesota could blow it though, so stay tuned. I go by pure production, and from start to finish. You don't eliminate week 4 or 9 or 17. They call count.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give it to Adrian Peterson hands-down.
To compare any other RB to his statline, you have to go back in time to historical greats.

Comparing Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Ryan, RG3, etc.... not a lot separates each of them.
But if a QB does get it, based on production and not East Coast bias or media hype, etc. then it has to be Rodgers, leading up to week 17. Week 17 can sway it though. But as of right now, it's clear:

RODGERS
Passer Rating: 106.2,
Passing: 35 TD, 8 Int, +27, 67.0%, 3,930 yards, 7.68 YPA, 46 sacks,
Rushing: 259 yards, 2 TDs, 20 FDs
Team Record: 11-4 (*12-3)

MANNING
Passer Rating: 103.7,
Passing: 34 TD, 11 Int, +23, 68.1%, 4,355 yards, 7.86 YPA, 21 sacks
Rushing: 6 yards, 0 TD, 2 FDs

BRADY
Passer Rating: 98.3,
Passing: 32 TD, 8 Int, +24, 63.1%, 4,543 yards, 7.56 YPA, 26 sacks
Rushing: 32 yards, 4 TDs, 11 FDs

RYAN
Passer Rating: 100.2,
Passing: 31 TD, 14 Int, +17, 69.0%, 4,481 yards, 7.85 YPA, 26 sacks
Rushing: 130 yards, 1 TD, 7 FDs
Team Record: 13-2

GRIFFIN
Passer Rating: 104.1,
Passing: 20 TD, 5 Int, +15, 66.4%, 3,100 yards, 8.27 YPA, 29 sacks,
Rushing: 752 yards, 6 TDs, 36 FDs
Team Record: 9-6

Now here's the part that bothers me from folks arguing for a different QB right now other than Rodgers. They say, yeah but Manning has taken his team up so much. Well, it's the MVP, not the "Most Improved" award.
Also, if you are going to factor other things in besides actual production (passing and rushing), then you better factor in their schedule, their pass protection, their running game, their defense, their receivers. And that's a lot of subjective material.
But I would argue that the pass protection of Rodgers has been, is, by far the worst of the group.
And his running game is the worst as well, which I believe partly coincides to the bad OL. Remember, they have 2 of their last 3 first round picks who were OT's on IR, so that's part of the reason for the bad OL.

Ryan has the best 1-2 combo in Pro Bowlers Julio Jones and Roddy White, plus the great Tony Gonzalez.
Rodgers has the deepest group of WRs, but none of them would be taken ahead of either of those Falcons, or the Broncos Demayrious Thomas.
I don't think Brady's WRs are that good other than Wes Welker, but the dynamic duo TE's of the best in Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez are unmatched.

Griffin, IMO, has by far the worst set of receivers. But he has a good OL and running game.

Again, I would, without question, write in Adrian Peterson as my winner.
But if it goes to a QB again because they consider the QB's the most valuable, then Rodgers deserves it among this group. Right now.
A week 17 meltdown loss in Minnesota could blow it though, so stay tuned. I go by pure production, and from start to finish. You don't eliminate week 4 or 9 or 17. They call count.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Lets say Rodgers throws for 6 TDs... does that play him more into the MVP convo?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets say Rodgers throws for 6 TDs... does that play him more into the MVP convo?
With the voters, I hope so. It should right? A serious exclamation point that would be. But what if Peterson runs wild against us too, ends up with over 2000, or even passes ****erson? I think AD would still deserve it.

I just "fear" the national voters are in love with Manning.....and they want to give it to him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the voters, I hope so. It should right? A serious exclamation point that would be. But what if Peterson runs wild against us too, ends up with over 2000, or even passes ****erson? I think AD would still deserve it.

I just "fear" the national voters are in love with Manning.....and they want to give it to him.

Even though several posters have made the argument for manning over Rodgers for MVP, I still don't see it in the numbers or schedule.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though several posters have made the argument for manning over Rodgers for MVP, I still don't see it in the numbers or schedule.
Oh I don't see it either.
I'm just telling you I suspect there is bias within the media and it will be interesting to see who votes for Manning and who Rodgers. And who Brady.

On Bovada.lv the betting website, they have odds to bet on the MVP, and the only 2 guys they list are Manning and Peterson!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I don't see it either.
I'm just telling you I suspect there is bias within the media and it will be interesting to see who votes for Manning and who Rodgers. And who Brady.

On Bovada.lv the betting website, they have odds to bet on the MVP, and the only 2 guys they list are Manning and Peterson!

I expect votes to be all over the place. Peterson a few, manning a few, Rodgers a few, watt a few.

Oddly enough this Sunday could be make or break for some of these guys. What if manning barely plays, Peterson doesn't get 2000 and watt sets the sack record? Will that change people's minds?

I hate how long we will have to wait to find out

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 9 career starts against the Vikings, Rodgers has a 114.2 passer rating, completing 202 of 286 passes (70.6 percent) for 2,458 yards and 20 touchdowns with 4 interceptions.

In his last 2 games at the Metrodome, Rodgers completed 70.1 percent of his passes for 636 yards, 7 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a 141.6 rating.

The Packers have won 12 consecutive NFC North games and are trying to sweep the division for the second consecutive season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is only between 2 players

I think AP will get it if he breaks the record AND they win...He is their only offense and all the voters know it...If not for him that team wold be horrible, maybe the worse in the league..Beating the Pack, and getting to playoffs is only because of AP...

Manning would get it over Rodgers IMO because----New team, had to learn that system...Coming off an injury and not playing for a year and still performing at a very high level.

Members online

Latest posts