MVP

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVP Adrian Peterson without a doubt. Come on peopl like seriously? he sees nine in the box every week and his yards per carry average is still higher than Ponders yards per completion average:cautious:

CPOY is Manning because he missed an entire season versus just one game and he had a stellar season throwing the ball.

OPOY is Calvin Johnson. Dude is a straight beast and i hate we have the best rb and wr in the league in our division who we have to see twice a year:tdown:

DPOY is a toss up imo. Can't go wrong with Smith,Watt, or Miller.

OROY is RGIII. Yea Luck has his team in the playoffs and broke some records but RGIII is the most difficult qb in the league to gameplan for imo.

DROY is Luke Kuechly simply because he's already the best defensive player on that team. Hayward is a close close second.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't agree with Manning winning yet another MVP. For crying out loud he has 4 of them already, including one he did not deserve back in 2009 (Favre and Brees both out played him by a mile that season)

Manning is 35/11 on TD/INT
Rodgers is 35/8 on TD/INT

Statistically, Rodgers has smoked Manning but remember he is the golden boy. They will not even consider Rodgers since he is back. I feel like if Manning wins yet another MVP, this is going to be a joke. He will have 5 MVP's, and only 1 ring. He had his chance to prove us wrong and he threw a perfect pick 6 in the Super Bowl to seal it, and people call him the Greatest QB of all time (Like Montana never existed), which is hilarious.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't agree with Manning winning yet another MVP. For crying out loud he has 4 of them already, including one he did not deserve back in 2009 (Favre and Brees both out played him by a mile that season)

Manning is 35/11 on TD/INT
Rodgers is 35/8 on TD/INT

Statistically, Rodgers has smoked Manning but remember he is the golden boy. They will not even consider Rodgers since he is back. I feel like if Manning wins yet another MVP, this is going to be a joke. He will have 5 MVP's, and only 1 ring. He had his chance to prove us wrong and he threw a perfect pick 6 in the Super Bowl to seal it, and people call him the Greatest QB of all time (Like Montana never existed), which is hilarious.
The awards in this league ARE a joke.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
come back payer should go to AP

Manning can make up for issues with his brain..I.E.---can use his brain to dissect secondary looks before pre snap and decide what maybe best option

AP has to go on his body talent alone for the most part

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The awards in this league ARE a joke.

They are. I make arguments on Colts forums for Rodgers for MVP and I swear the Peytonites act like I just said "Heil ******."

I make arguments at times for the Colts GM to win the executive of the year award and people I know in real life think it should be John freaking Elway. Yeah what an amazing job he did signing Peyton to nearly 100 million dollars after going to the divisional round with a TE at QB last year, over a rookie gm in Indy who patched up the corpse known as the 2011 Colts.

Sigh.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They are. I make arguments on Colts forums for Rodgers for MVP and I swear the Peytonites act like I just said "Heil ******."

I make arguments at times for the Colts GM to win the executive of the year award and people I know in real life think it should be John freaking Elway. Yeah what an amazing job he did signing Peyton to nearly 100 million dollars after going to the divisional round with a TE at QB last year, over a rookie gm in Indy who patched up the corpse known as the 2011 Colts.

Sigh.

Preach it darling, preach it.

If you guys think Favre fans are bad or were bad back when he went to Minnesota, try a round with Manning's bandwagon. Omg, you ain't seen nothing yet. You would think some of them don't even want their team to win, they are 10-5 with a rookie QB and all they do is complain, and talk about "we could be this and that if we kept Manning".

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning plays in the NFC west, he had better put up stats against those teams. Manning has played a grand total of 5 teams with a winning record this season, and he is 2-3 against those teams with 10 TD and 5 picks. He is as much of a product of playing against the bottom dwellers of the NFL as he is a product of his "great play." He has a great team around him, that without a QB last year made the divisional round of the playoffs. You take him off that team they still do well, you take Rodgers and Peterson off their teams they sink no questions asked. That is what the MVP award is for right, the individual that is most valuable to a teams success.

The media has done this before, I'm not going to say that Manning should not have won the MVP in 2009, he was a good as any other player, but the fact that he was a shoe in to win it according to the media, and the final results was ridiculous. Brees had just as good of a shot as Manning, but because the media sucks Paeyton's d*** for some reason it was ridiculous to think he wasn't going to win it. If Peterson doesn't win MVP the NFL awards are a bigger joke than I thought. Same with if Alden Smith wins DPOY over either Miller or Watt.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Manning plays in the NFC west, he had better put up stats against those teams. Manning has played a grand total of 5 teams with a winning record this season, and he is 2-3 against those teams with 10 TD and 5 picks. He is as much of a product of playing against the bottom dwellers of the NFL as he is a product of his "great play." He has a great team around him, that without a QB last year made the divisional round of the playoffs. You take him off that team they still do well, you take Rodgers and Peterson off their teams they sink no questions asked. That is what the MVP award is for right, the individual that is most valuable to a teams success.

The media has done this before, I'm not going to say that Manning should not have won the MVP in 2009, he was a good as any other player, but the fact that he was a shoe in to win it according to the media, and the final results was ridiculous. Brees had just as good of a shot as Manning, but because the media sucks Paeyton's d*** for some reason it was ridiculous to think he wasn't going to win it. If Peterson doesn't win MVP the NFL awards are a bigger joke than I thought. Same with if Alden Smith wins DPOY over either Miller or Watt.

:tup::tup: I could not agree more with what you said, well written pal.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it should go to AP hands down. I don't even see why it's such a close debate because even if Manning wins the award he's still not more valuable to his team than AP is to the Queens. The last half of Denvers schedule was a joke and so is the AFC West.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it should go to AP hands down. I don't even see why it's such a close debate because even if Manning wins the award he's still not more valuable to his team than AP is to the Queens. The last half of Denvers schedule was a joke and so is the AFC West.
Although I agree I dont have any doubts that Manning will be MVP.
The "story" is simply too good : He had to leave IND, close to tears, his injury and now this - lets say - remarkable comeback season.
The media loves it and thats why he will be MVP. :rolleyes:
Btw - if the MVP should or will be a QB, why is nobody talking about Matt Ryan as well ?
Personally I think that AP deserves it - the Vikings are absolutely nothing without him

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "story" is simply too good : He had to leave IND, close to tears, his injury and now this - lets say - remarkable comeback season.
Btw - if the MVP should or will be a QB, why is nobody talking about Matt Ryan as well ?
Personally I think that AP deserves it - the Vikings are absolutely nothing without him

absolutely NOTHING. They win maybe 2 games.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Matt Ryan? Well that 5 int game didnt help. That and Rodgers has better stats almost across the board.

The whole argument of luck being MVP or ap bc the team people assume would struggle without them is more about the GM. The colts left nothing at back up QB and they paid for it. So if they would of had a mediocre QB instead last year and won a few more games it would change the view on what luck has done?

The Vikings without AP would have won maybe 2 less games. Harvin is more important to their offense, and that team is built to run. Great o line and great fullback. Toby would have had a good season if AP wasnt there.

Can't take the MVP literally, you have to look at it as the best player in the league,

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Ryan? Well that 5 int game didnt help. That and Rodgers has better stats almost across the board.

The whole argument of luck being MVP or ap bc the team people assume would struggle without them is more about the GM. The colts left nothing at back up QB and they paid for it. So if they would of had a mediocre QB instead last year and won a few more games it would change the view on what luck has done?

The Vikings without AP would have won maybe 2 less games. Harvin is more important to their offense, and that team is built to run. Great o line and great fullback. Toby would have had a good season if AP wasnt there.

Can't take the MVP literally, you have to look at it as the best player in the league,

I agree, this is how it should be. But how do we find the "best player"?
Statistics? How do you compare them if they are playing different positions ?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, this is how it should be. But how do we find the "best player"?
Statistics? How do you compare them if they are playing different positions ?

Sometimes it's not clear cut like it was last year.

To me watt is the MVP. To another fan of the game it might be Peterson. To another it might be Calvin Johnson.

Up to the voters.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Sigh.
Colts MVP is Lawrence Guy. YOU'RE WELCOME.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Broncs went to the playoffs with Tebow. The worst division in a horrible conference. Does anybody know the NFC vs. AFC record?

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Broncs went to the playoffs with Tebow. The worst division in a horrible conference. Does anybody know the NFC vs. AFC record?
IDK but my brother and i were talking about it, the NFC north should be 3-1 vs the mighty Texans if the refs and rule book hadn't screwed over the Lions on Thanksgiving.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Matt Ryan is a joke until he wins a playoff game. He can't be taken seriously as an MVP.

Compare the Packers schedule to the Falcons, and they have not played nearly as many tough games as this team. I would have loved to see Atlanta against SF, Seattle, Houston, and the Bears and Lions twice. By far the easiest schedule in the league.

I'm tellin' ya, this team would absolutely destroy that Falcons team and all of you know it. I think even Seattle would beat them down in the playoffs.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Preach it darling, preach it.

If you guys think Favre fans are bad or were bad back when he went to Minnesota, try a round with Manning's bandwagon. Omg, you ain't seen nothing yet. You would think some of them don't even want their team to win, they are 10-5 with a rookie QB and all they do is complain, and talk about "we could be this and that if we kept Manning".

Yeah it's been an interesting uh ride for sure. They are some rather uh...interesting human beings.:whistling:

Members online

Latest posts