Mutiny within?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Mathews has 0 tackles in the last 2 games.......! and Daniels has a whopping 2 tackles in the last 3 games.........? whats the hells going on out there?!?!?!?

What is going on. I remember Daniels got a huge pay day..... Did that hurt the motivation of the other big men (who as a group has accomplished what Daniels got paid for)? Starting big speculation of who is staying and who is going? Who gets the money. How much is left? Not thinking about football now are we? Big problem.....

And who has been cleaning up with the Dline being as dominant as they have been? That's right Mathews... And who has literally disappeared in this time frame??? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Our team finally got the Dline nessesary to be very good. And still Capers doesn't use them. We seen at the beginning of the year , when we were winning by the way. That the Dline was cleaning up, and the LBs stats were great. Lots of pressure!!! And now we are getting steam rolled....

If the biggest men aren't into it... We are going to lose. Its that simple.

I think Raji, Guion, even Neal, seeing Daniels enter the pay ranks of HOFer Peppers and even our greatest defensive front man Mathews. When these three along with others who may not be at the level of daniels, but deserve their piece of the pie. The d front earned Daniels pay check. And now that there is mutiny within. We are not bringing the heat it takes to forge a playoff run.

This was a mistake. Strategically I said at the beginning of the season. Pay Daniels, and lose the group as a whole that has turned this goofy defense around. That being Raji, Guion, Pennel and recently Neal and Jones as long as the big boys wreck the trench, everyone looks good. Including Daniels......We should have let the expensive one walk, and paid the group respectably. Our dline was HORRIBLE the previous 2 years. Wasnt until Guion came in. Then Raji came back. Pennel and Boyd developed. Jones finally had a streak in a back up role.... And we started getting great looking on D. Now its pretty obvious something is missing out there again...

They had better salvage some of it and invest in our Dline one way or another. Because this is a ugly road ahead of us. reminds me of a few years ago when we basicly abandoned the dline, and looked like fools. wasting championships.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What a complete cluster shtup of an OP. So Raji, Guion, and Neal - who are all due to be free agents in 2016 - aren’t playing hard because Daniels got paid? Sure, that makes sense, they aren’t motivated by their future pay days, they’re motivated because one of their teammates got a contract he earned. And Daniels has ‘entered the pay ranks’ of Matthews? Really? Could you compare the two contracts for us? And is Ali Haugen even implying that Matthews isn’t motivated? BTW, did you really post “Pay Daniels, and lose the group as a whole that has turned this goofy defense around” before the season? That would have been odd since the D hadn't been turned around yet. Or did you just post how great Raji was and you didn't like Daniels that much? And of course even a casual NFL fan knows the major problem for the Packers is on the other side of the ball.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A D coordinator not using the defensive line? That's a new one.

Be interesting when you think that has actually happened.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if there is somewhat of a mutiny going on at 1265, I don't believe it starts with the defense.
I tend to believe such a scenario may be bubbling on the offensive side.
Specifically involving A. Rodgers and McCarthy.
We, as fans, may never know.

Members online

Latest posts