1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

(MUST READ) Jay Glazer: Packers WERE to welcome back Favre

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packersfan4life, Jul 11, 2008.

1. packersfan4life

packersfan4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    FoxSports

2. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Interesting Read from Jay Glazer

Wow.

3. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

If Jay Glazer's report is correct, I don't see how ANYBODY can blame Ted Thompson over Brett Favre for this situation.

You know how some people are blaming the Packers for not rolling out the f'ing red carpet for Favre? It sounds like they did just that in late March...

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

As PackOne said, Wow.

It gets tougher to blame Ted for pushing Favre out the door if this is indeed true.

Brett indeed made his own bed...

5. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Interesting Read from Jay Glazer

6. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's see the TT bashers get around this.

7. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

8. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I wanted Favre to come back after this season. I don't know any Packer fan that didn't. When he retired, I was disappointed and sad, but I moved on being excited about Rodgers.

Favre could have come back in late March and he waffled again. Because of this move, the Packers thought that retirement was permanent. They moved on as an organization.

Favre is all to blame for this. TT and MM did everything to bring him back even AFTER his retirement speech.

9. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Come on, everyone knows the only reason Favre has changed his mind 270 times on retirement since March is because TT didn't sign Randy Moss. :pop:

10. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    This is the best shut-down thread ever.

11. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like Glazer's story is being verified by some league sources (on FSN) as GB had contacted them about reinstating Favre during the owner's meeting - then Favre decided he didn't want to come back in late March.

If this is indeed true, I don't see how anyone can be mad at GB. GB bought his "I want to play" line back in late March and were ready to add him back as the starter. Then, he backed out again. So, once Favre made this claim again in July, why would they consider going down this road again?

If GB came out immediately and said "Oh, yes, we want Favre back - he will be our starter and savior". What would be the impact on Rodgers (and the team) if Favre pulled a stunt like he did back in late March? The prudent decision after multiple attempts to get him to come back between Jan and April was to move on. If Favre doesn't like that, he should have taken the opening he had in late March, early April to come back as the starter. It's just too late now to risk another "bailout" by Favre as the team enters camp.

12. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Re: (MUST READ) Jay Glazer: Packers WERE to welcome back Fav

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/07/11/why-the-packers-won-t-take-favre-back.aspx

This puts light on the whole situation at Lambeau.

13. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dang. Makes you wonder wtf kind of world Brett's outspoken family members are living in.

14. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That was one thing I hated about this situation. Favre was basically stating all of his feelings through his family members. I hated that and I wish Favre would have spoken up about it.

15. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the man for his 16 years as the Packer QB , but makes me wonder what world he's living in.

16. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, if this is true, I have lost nearly all of my respect for Brett Favre.

17. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
  18. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you. Seems like no one is seeing this. Wake up people. TT and MM tried but Brett turned them down. Not the other way around.

19. dd80forever

dd80forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah must be true, It was reported by the Media!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Multiple Sources told FoxSports. Not any other venure. Yet, they didn't report on it then. Guess they knew this was coming. Thank god for Jay Glazier setting the record straight!! Nevermind the other 50 reporters who reported 50 other versions in the last month. Run with it boys, it fit's your argument well. Except for the fact that it was overly stated TT takes the best player available one.

20. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He takes the best player available for the future of the Packers.

21. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

What fueled you coming back to the site? Reports about Favre via the MEDIA. You heard it through the MEDIA and now ur back...ya know...just stop.

22. dd80forever

dd80forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

So everything some reporter reports is true? Are there not 20 other stories out there stating 20 different things? Yes or no will suffice for both

23. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Actually I heard on the radio today that Favre is friends with Glazer and Mortenson, who I thought were just pulling **** out of their asses. So this explains how they got their stories. From this point on I'll likely believe what they write about the situation.

Did that suffice?

24. dd80forever

dd80forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

25. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't you rip TT for being on vacation and ignoring Brett's texts?

Curious, how did you know this happened? I'm guessing through the media. I wonder why you completely accepted such a report as being true.

Also, how did you know that Favre asked for a trade last summer after? Favre nor TT ever acknowledged such a thing. Once again, you can't pick and choose which cases you believe the media over to fit your agenda.

Actually, other sources also confirmed the same thing to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Pray tell, KGB94, what was the last report that Jay Glazer stated publicly as being true and it ended up being wrong? Jay Glazer got a hold of the tape of the Pats cheating, which was something the NFL Commissioner clearly tried to prevent. He has contacts in pretty high places.

Um what argument? Glazer never once in his article stated that "Favre is doing things the wrong way". His article was never a personal opinion piece on the Favre/retirement fiasco.

He simply stated events that happened prior to Favre currently asking the team to release him. Never once in the entire article does Glazer show any type of bias against Favre or TT.

That's not the issue. Clearly the issue is that Favre went back on his word once and the Packers were ready to welcome him back. He went back on his word yet another time and told them he was staying retired.

No one in this thread stated that Favre messed up Ted's draft plans. Everyone has/is taking issue with the occurrence of Favre making this situation what it is now even after the Packers were ready to bend over backwards for him once.