1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mushroom, make me a pizza

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by GreenGoldAngel, Dec 17, 2010.

1. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    Mushroom, I like pizzas, New york style, not Chicago. I want everything on it, the works. Please pick me out a mushroom for my pizza. Oh and you share it with me. Your choices:
    Jack O' Lantern
    Alcohol Inky
    Jeweled Amanita
    Deadly Galerina
    Scaly-vase Chanterelle
    Green-spored Lepiota

*good grief, you throw a word like ectomycorrhizal at me? Pick carefully and we may survive...lol*

2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
  3. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Random! I must of missed something somewhere! :blink:

I take it those are types of mushrooms, but doesn't neccessarily sound like the kind to be eating on pizza! lol

4. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +133
    Mushroom screen name is based on the fact that he not only raises mushrooms (like you raise kids) but then he went into very scientific detail about mushrooms that I didn't understand at all, so I challenged him to make a pizza that both of us would have to eat, and let him pick the mushroom to use as a topping. Most of them would kill you, so I wanted to see what he would pick. Kind of an inside joke. It may have a happy ending.

5. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    ahhhh... kind of a russian roulette type thing...:buba:

6. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Well, Ive never came across a Jack O Lantern, but aim to hopefully. That, and the Foxfire. Bioluminescent fungi would be a neat sight!
    I think for starters Id start you off with a Psilocybe Azurecens on the garlic bread. :) Thatd create an interesting mood in which to eat the pizza in (highly hallucinogenic:) Although you may be losing your appetite fairly quickly as you lose your grip on reality, haha.

The inky caps, you probably shouldnt eat, except for the shaggy mane. Dont much care for em though.
    And its a good rule of thumb not to eat any Aminitas. Does this look familiar? [​IMG]
    There's actually a theory about this mushroom and Santa Claus. (I wont get in to it though :)
    Most Chanterelles are highly sought after, but most of what we call "Chanterelles" are actually look alikes. Thankfully, most are harmless.
    The Lepiotas you should probably stay away from too. lol

Man, you're sure playing with fire! lol

I have, in my freezer, a bunch of frozen Morels from this past spring, breaded and flash frozen. My g/f and I were maxing out on some the other night and about 3 a.m. while I was sleeping she was getting -VIOLENTLY- ill. The only thing I could conclude was that I had actually gotten a very rare, but deceptive look-alike. So, now I have about 2 lbs of mushrooms that may be tainted...DAMN! They say though that if you get sick within a few hours, you'll be fine. If you get sick 12+ hours later, that's when to worry! Different toxins at play.

7. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Didnt expect to wake up and find THIS thread, lol

8. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I was just thinking to ask you if you can tell the difference between the good morels and the fake ones....
    eeek, there is nothing worse than getting sick on them. Well I guess having to pitch 2 lbs of them is maybe a tad worse!

9. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Actually, its pretty easy. The problem arose due to them being immature at the time of being picked. Its actually just as easy and slicing them lengthwise and making sure they're HOLLOW (without fibrous tissues whisping out) and their cap is attached directly at the top of the stem. They were so small that the stem was still solid (or so I though). I just figured they were immature Morels drying out, when in fact they were something else all together, living perfectly healthy. When in doubt, leave it...I didnt follow my advice :) They wont kill you, or really even harm you...Just give you butt-pee from hell and a huge upchuck.

10. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +133
    Thanks for the fun Mushroom. It was educational. I knew nothing about mushrooms until I decided to have some fun. I guess I'd choose the Chanterelles. Next choice would be the Alcohol Inky because as long as you do not intake any alcohol, you should not have a problem.

Nice post.....felt like I was getting a lecture from a professor. Pretty cool.

11. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +133
    I didn't expect to go to a Packer forum and find a mycologist...life is strange.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Sorry, been AWOL for quite a while..and not able to finish up this thread. G&GA, check out these beauties...MmMmMmMmM!!!!
    Started them a lil over a month ago and got them fruiting now. Oyster Mushrooms! They're not like this in the wild, just in my basement :) (they're white in the woods) 100_2454.jpg

100_2455.jpg
    This one is growing off of a phonebook boiled with drywall of all things, if you can believe it, lol

100_2463.jpg

100_2464.jpg

100_2472.jpg

LOL, I really hope you put this in the Atrium

Oh, and in case you haven't heard...Pack 27 Eagles 17