Packers Murphy Takes 5: Player safety of paramount concern this offseason

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Murphy Takes 5 is a monthly column written by President and CEO Mark Murphy. On the first Saturday of every month, Mark will write about a topic of interest to Packers fans and the organization, ...

Source: Packers.com

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somebody should set up a POLL in here about who does and doesn't think this whole player safety/concussion thing is overrated as an issue.

Wasn't Murphy as a player a hard hitting safety, kinda known as a head hunter? That didn't stop him from getting his advance college degrees and moving on as a leader.

I wish somebody would cross-check the cases of concussions ruining post-career lives with other causes - specifically, PEDs and recreational drug use. I point to Jim McMahon as the most obvious red flag in that area. There is a really tiny percentage of McMahon/Seau/etc. situations anyway, and I suspect most of those could just as well be attributed to other things.

Two of the most concussion-plagued careers I recall were Steve Young and Troy Aikman - both reputedly clean livers - and they seem to have turned out OK.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts