1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Murphy on IR!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Robin Yount, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I apologize if this was already posted.

We signed Rashard Lee today also.

Wow, Murphy's injury must be really bad to place him on IR for the rest of the season!

2. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Rashard Lee?!?

Man, this Murphy thing was a lot worse than I expected. In spite of him getting hauled off on a stretcher, I figured that was just the typical precautionary stuff, and he'd be just fine :(

3. Lock827

Lock827 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was horrible to watch. I hope the kid comes out okay.

4. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Same here - what's the story on this new guy?

5. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Web Page Name

Murphy is done for the season, check the link..up

Here is the info on Lee:

Lee, a 5-foot-10, 228-pound player out of Middle Tennessee State, spent the 2005 preseason with both Buffalo and Minnesota. Before the Bills waived him in late August, he had 16 carries for 44 yards, three receptions for 18 yards and three kickoff returns for 108 yards. Claimed on waivers by Minnesota, he played in the Vikings' preseason finale at Seattle and returned one kickoff for 26 yards.

Originally signed as a non-drafted free agent by Dallas after the 2003 draft, Lee sprained his knee during his rookie preseason and eventually reached an injury settlement with the Cowboys. He spent the season's final month on the Dallas practice squad, then re-signed with the club and made Bill Parcells' opening day roster. In 2004, he led the Cowboys by averaging 4.7 yards on 27 carries (128 yards, one touchdown).

Lee, No. 32 on the Packers' roster, took part in Thursday preparations for the Packers' game against New Orleans, a noon kickoff Sunday at Lambeau Field.

One more of the great players that we need to get signed.. I duno... :evil:

6. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now the priority is making sure Terrence gets back his health. Get well guy. The Geen Bay Packers Organization has put a young mans health more important than anything else I'm quite sure. They want to see a full recovery because of the seriousness of the injury. As far as the signing of Lee, I see it as insurance coverage in the return game. Who knows? these guys come around a ball club and something happens and they end up working out. If not, He's an ex-vike and they could have him make the coffee.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    ESPN Murphy IR
    Packers place Terrence Murphy on IR
    Associated Press
    National Football League News Wire

8. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's too bad we lost Murphy. An article today at Jsonline regarding Ferguson, implied that Murphy might have had a chance to unseat Ferguson sometime this season considering Ferguson's struggles at times.

At least Murphy is walking around though which is great news.