1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Personality Disorder

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Oct 19, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The story of Billy Milligan.

Each of his different personalities was administered many tests, including IQ tests. Each personality scored a different score, ranging from 68 (a touch above retardation) to the 130s (borderline gifted/genius). Also, one of the personalities was a smoker, while the others couldn't handle it.

Very freaky, but very interesting IMO. Your thoughts, opinions, views on the matter.

I'm curious about this stuff, so would be happy to hear your thoughts, debate the issue.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    whats to debate? that his one personality shouldnt smoke? Is this an anti-smoking thread?

keep your laws off MY body! lol, jk

If you wanna talk about freaky, what about ol Phineas Gage?

Took a railroad spike right in his head, through the brain! A lot was learned about the frontal lobes through this freakshow, i mean, poor sap.

(I can talk like im smart too, AADP.)

no, but seriously, I dont know what we're debating. All I know is DID is rare. I remember the Hillside Strangler case. Ken Bianchi and his cousin killed some girls, and he tried to get out of it saying he had DID, and they brought in experts. They ALL bought it....except one man. Bianchi, as the 'other' personality, pretended to interact with another personality and 'touched' the other. Hallucinations arent part of DID and they caught his ***. He got 5 life sentences. owned.

:hijacked:

Im sorry, DP, go ahead and try and steer things back to what you were trying to discuss, which i still dont know what it was.

3. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice reference trom, Gage is an interesting case. I was reading about him for my psyc exam last week. Found a lot of stuff about the function of the different parts of the brains, and lobes also. What are the chances it would strike him in such a way that he wouldn't die?

Discussion more in terms whether this (MPD) migth exist or not. Could it be he was a REALLY good actor, or is this something that really affected the guy. If you believe it, well then what causes it, why does it happen, etc.

While were at throwing random stories out there and taking this on a different tangent, what about being responsible for actions while sleepwalking? Specifically, sleepwalking and committing murder of your in laws. Does sleepwalking exist? Is it possible to drive all the way to your inlaws house, killl them, drive back, and then wake up in the morning remembering nothing or during this whole time not be woken up?

Questions, questions, questions. Hypothesize away trom, et al. :)

(BTW - the murdering of inlaws while sleepwalking was an actual case in Canada. The accused ended up being acquitted. I believe the case was R v Parks)

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Multiple Personality Disorder doesn't exist.

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it does!

6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No it doesn't!

7. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Niether one of me agree either!

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If I had multiple personalities.........why would I be using THIS one??? :rotflmao:

9. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Several years ago a Wisconsin man was convicted of rape. The woman with multiple personalities had one that said yes but her dominate one did not consent.

This is a true case. I can't remember the poor guy's name or I could look it up and provide the reference. I did see it on national television news and was shocked.

You deal with such people at your own peril.

10. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    During my 25 year career of working in a maximum security prison I ran into several inmates that had well documented MPD.
    They were interesting characters to say the least.

11. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Pray tell if you can...

12. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I'm schitzophrenic
    and so am I.

13. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That must be what my wife has. When we first met, it was YES all the time. Now, several years later, it is NO all the time. SHe has multiple personalities! Now, what is the cure? The NO personality must go!

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  15. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's been quite awhile since I studied mental disorders however the the ultimate reference guide ( the one the shrinks use ) if interested, is the:

"Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" 4th, revised edition.

But I would not spend to much time with this book or who knows what all you guys may start diagnosing yourselves with lol !!!