Mr. Opportunity is knocking...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with being supportive and hopeful of your TEAM than it does the need of a 'reality check' ... Those who feel a reality check is in store, its for them only. We let ****s be ****s so let fans be FANS.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aw, c'mon Zero!

I am a very committed Packer fan - supportive and hopeful - heck following the Packers is not so easy from this distance. I just think that the last 2 weeks have reminded us that talk of playoffs is premature.

Now, of course, I would be delighted to be proved wrong!! But I continue to support the Packers, as I did right through the 80's. And I continue to be hopeful.

Sorry if this makes me a **** in your eyes - I guess you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am mine. :noflame:

Chris

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It takes a lot to earn the title '****' in my view. I'm not sure which category you fall in, if any. I don't know ya :)

What I was saying was this. If when the Packers lose you feel the fans need a reality check, well thats insulting in my opinion. Who are you or anyone to say the fans need a reality check or imply that or even say the loss was a reality check? The Packers know how good/bad they are as do the fans. That doesn't stop us from hoping they go 16 - 0 every season. It's what makes being a fan great. If you want reality go watch the Real World or Survivor. This is a sprots franchise and people want to cheer their team.

I went off the deep end...

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It takes a lot to earn the title '****' in my view. I'm not sure which category you fall in, if any. I don't know ya :)

I went off the deep end...

Zero

If you went off the deep end, then maybe I joined you a little too quickly :)

All I was trying to say was that, in my view, our recent performances ought to dispel any idea of us being playoff contenders quite yet. I don't regard that as a particularly contentious statement - though if the shorthand way I expressed it was offensive or insulting, then I apologise.

I think that the losses are part of the deal with a young team learning it's way in the league. That doesn't stop me fervently hoping that they close out the season with five wins, clinch a playoff berth, and then go on to annihilate all comers on the way to a Superbowl triumph!! I just don't think it's that likely - well, maybe not this year ;)

Whatever category you choose to place me in, I still think of myself as a fan.

Chris

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Packers showing signs of improvement and, in the NFC, are still somehow in the playoff mix (albeit a long shot), but will it be enough to keep Brett Favre around for next year?"

from espn.com

(just trying to stay positive)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Whatever category you choose to place me in, I still think of myself as a fan.

Chris

and thats why everything is always (for lack of a better term) forgiven in my book.

About the playoffs. I've said before the season even started if we make the playoffs it will be one and done. I stand by that, obviously. Next year I think we can be a threat to get deep in the playoffs an if things bounce our way maybe a SB run.
That theory of mine is why I strongly believe Brett will play next year. He has to have known the team had zero chance of winning the SB and was about to get younger accross the board. He said the team is the most talented he's been on. With that info I have to think he played this year for fun and if he still has the spunk he'll be playing next year most definetely.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Zero, Packersfan43084

So Mr Opportunity stayed around in Titletown til almost the very end! Your optimism was rewarded, and my "reality" skewed!!

Good job keeping the faith, guys :thumbsup: 2007 looks better already :cheerleader:

Chris

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah we came close to making the playoffs, but we need to build on finsihing the season on a four game winning streak, and use that momentum to start out hot next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts