Moving up with J-Walk to NO ??

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im surprised that with the Saints in the mix for Javon, there hasn't been any talk about swapping picks involved. Too much of a stretch do you think ?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah but their second for walker only..... no extra picks screw em he is our player and he is a good one we aint tradin him to get screwed

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you wouldn't trade walker straight up for the 2nd overall pick in the draft? i think you need your head examined. i know i said we should get a 2 for 1, but the second overall pick would be more than worth it to rid ourselves of walker... although i don't think that would happen. i think NO would expect walker plus our #5, or at the very least, our second rounder. and i don't think Ted would go for that. i would expect a three-way trade like the one i predict in another thread.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i said i would take him straight up and that is all.... wouldnt give up a 4th rounder also ... i worded that awful....im hungover and im at work... sorry

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
you wouldn't trade walker straight up for the 2nd overall pick in the draft? i think you need your head examined. i know i said we should get a 2 for 1, but the second overall pick would be more than worth it to rid ourselves of walker... although i don't think that would happen. i think NO would expect walker plus our #5, or at the very least, our second rounder. and i don't think Ted would go for that. i would expect a three-way trade like the one i predict in another thread.

bozz...I would trade Walker and our second round pick for the #2 pick in the draft but New Orleans would never go for it. Damn...then we'd have the #2 and #5 pick. Mario and AJ or Vernon. WOW

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yup, but NO would want our #5. TT would give our second rounder and NO wouldn't go for it. i don't see a trade with NO happening, unless they are the mystery in the three way, then maybe...

NO gets Javon from packers
Green Bay gets #15 from denver
Denver gets #34 and #99 from NO and #67 from GB

i dunno. what do you think?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
yup, but NO would want our #5. TT would give our second rounder and NO wouldn't go for it. i don't see a trade with NO happening, unless they are the mystery in the three way, then maybe...

NO gets Javon from packers
Green Bay gets #15 from denver
Denver gets #34 and #99 from NO and #67 from GB

i dunno. what do you think?
This trade has to go like this:

Denver gets Javon
Green Bay gets the #2
New Orleans gets the #5 plus compensation from Denver?

New Orleans is angling for Hawk, Denver wants Javon.

Denver's problem is they are very frugal and think every team is just like the Washington Redskins. Give to get everyone or else stay home and let us draft Hawk at 5 and deal with our problem child.

I like the idea of sending Javon to a real sh!^^y team like the 49ers.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like that call.... bozz if we do HAVE to trade.

id rather stay where we are at, play it safe draft VD or AJ and get javon for a second or third round draft pick and a player

walker for lelie and denvers 68th (aquired from san francisco)

they get a pro bowler, we take what they call a bust and get a pick

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i strongly believe that Denver will end up with javon, i was just trying to figure how it would go if NO ended up with javon. but i don't see a reason why we need to move up to #2.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we give up Javon and a third rounder for #15? I'd do it.

NO gets Javon for for an early 2 and late 3. They may do it.

Denver gets an early 2, early 3 and late 3 for the #15 pick. I don't know if they would do that. They already traded their other #1.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's change gears here!

How about Javon and #5 to the Raiders for Joey Porter and #7. We risk losing Hawk, but we also retain a legitimate #1 receiver.

We still might get Hawk if the Raiders want a quarterback. The niners will probably elect to get VD and Hawk would still fall in our laps.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that would be a nice thought... it seems like a fantasy trade... somehting that would be sweet but never happens .

plus i dont think the raiders would let joey porter go for jwalk and 2 spots

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see TT moving up and it taking a later pick away. That is making a sacrifice of gaining a little in quality and losing quantity.

We need both. Quality AND depth. Look for TT to maximize whatever position he takes to achieve as much of both as possible.

Denver has two 2nd round picks now. The original slot, and, the one picked up by the 49'rs trade. My guess is TT would hold out for their later 2nd round pick at the least.

I hear that he is saying he wants a first rounder but that's not going to happen and he's probably just positioning himself.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe Ted allowing javon to speak with other teams is another positioning move by Ted. it will give javon a chance to find out that his own position is not as high as he thinks, thus securing javon's continued tenure in GB. i hope they can work this out, i am pissed at javon for all his crap... but the guy is so good!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Let's change gears here!

How about Javon and #5 to the Raiders for Joey Porter and #7. We risk losing Hawk, but we also retain a legitimate #1 receiver.

We still might get Hawk if the Raiders want a quarterback. The niners will probably elect to get VD and Hawk would still fall in our laps.

This would be a good deal for us. The problem I see is that the Raiders probably don't have to make this move to get the QB they want. If we take Hawk then VD will certainly go leaving the Raiders to choose whichever Qb they like.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
DakotaT said:
Let's change gears here!

This would be a good deal for us. The problem I see is that the Raiders probably don't have to make this move to get the QB they want. If we take Hawk then VD will certainly go leaving the Raiders to choose whichever Qb they like.
Yeah, Warhawk, but Javon fits their style of Offense better, and I don't think things are so Rosy between Porter and Moss. Mayber the Raiders want VD too and can get him by getting ahead of San Francisco.

Jerry Porter would rock in our offense.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree jerry would rock in our defense big fella for sure and hes a proven go to guy..... him opposite donald is threat

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dakota,
Now those are some good points with JW working well in their system and possibly wanting VD.
If you would have put it that way I wouldn't have wasted my time with my previous post.
Plus it would mean Walker would abe relagated to the #2. AWWW. Poor baby.
Davis is the one guy out there that would probably relish the thought of having those two idiots on the same field.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
the question is would porter play CB or Safety? wait a minute...

Yeah, I am confused. I am assuming you mean Jerry Porter.

I don't like it. Stay put at #5 and Draft Hawk. Do what you want after that with Walker

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
the question is would porter play CB or Safety? wait a minute...

OK... take a breath. Joey Porter is a linebacker for the Steelers. Jerry Porter is the receiver in question...

Had me confused for a while, too. I was thinking, "How is Al Davis gonna get the Steelers to give us Joey Porter?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts