Most Watched Super Bowl of ALL TIME

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the NFL, the Super Bowl between the Packers and Steelers was the most watched of all time drawing 162.9 millions viewers.

THe Colts-Saints Super Bowl had the previous record with 153.4 million viewers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like it gets bigger and bigger numbers every year.
Has it ever gone from a big number back to a small number the next year?

And now how many are going to be suckered in by the ads and go out and buy the stuff?
Does the revenue of those companies increase after the SB?
Will Rosanne or Richard Lewis now make a comeback?

OshkoshWisconsinite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't feel any need to buy anything lol. These were the worst superbowl commercials I have seen in the last few years. Except for the game (which was awesome by the way!) I found this years superbowl, just badly organized. The national anthem was messed. The black eye peas had to have guest stars to make their show *better*. But I have feeling the reason this one was watched so much, because overall there's more fans for each team.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
seems like it gets bigger and bigger numbers every year.
Has it ever gone from a big number back to a small number the next year?

And now how many are going to be suckered in by the ads and go out and buy the stuff?
Does the revenue of those companies increase after the SB?
Will Rosanne or Richard Lewis now make a comeback?

Every year it gets bigger because the NFL is expanding around the globe (or at least, that's the NFL initiative)

My Marketing professor told us that GoDaddy uses their entire marketing budget on the Super Bowl for the year. An effective commercial during the Super Bowl is the most expensive, yet lucrative advertising campaign.

And last I checked, Roseanne is planning on making a Presidential campaign run. God help us all...

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year it gets bigger because the NFL is expanding around the globe (or at least, that's the NFL initiative)

My Marketing professor told us that GoDaddy uses their entire marketing budget on the Super Bowl for the year. An effective commercial during the Super Bowl is the most expensive, yet lucrative advertising campaign.

And last I checked, Roseanne is planning on making a Presidential campaign run. God help us all...

They are running an ad on this website right now so their ENTIRE marketing budget cannot be used on the SB alone because they run ads all year round, and marketing is much more than just ads in the first place.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't feel any need to buy anything lol. These were the worst superbowl commercials I have seen in the last few years. Except for the game (which was awesome by the way!) I found this years superbowl, just badly organized. The national anthem was messed. The black eye peas had to have guest stars to make their show *better*. But I have feeling the reason this one was watched so much, because overall there's more fans for each team.
I think your right about the big fan bases for both teams for being the reason why this is the most watched.

It's funny how they have hours and hours of pre-game stuff and hype and all sorts of weird stuff all just for a regular ol' 3 hour football game!
A newbie would think it's going to be an epic game that will last for days the way it all looks.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And not only are those ads seen on SB Sunday, but now they are on youtube, and other sites that rate them or show "Best of..."
You cannot ask for better and more free publicity.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that number TV sets? Not actual viewers since some houses had 20 people there watching the game.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
They are running an ad on this website right now so their ENTIRE marketing budget cannot be used on the SB alone because they run ads all year round, and marketing is much more than just ads in the first place.

I'm sorry, I meant they used to. When the company first started advertising (I think it was the 2007 or 08 Super Bowl, not sure which one), they only did Super Bowl commercials.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't that number TV sets? Not actual viewers since some houses had 20 people there watching the game.

they normally dont take that into account is what I have been told.

If anything 9/11 was the most watched thing on TV in decades.

Oh and watever Kim K was selling I want to buy it. Lots of it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they normally dont take that into account is what I have been told.

If anything 9/11 was the most watched thing on TV in decades.

Oh and watever Kim K was selling I want to buy it. Lots of it.
We need a LOL button as well.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmmm..
Good points and good question.
I got a clipboard.
I'll start going house to house to check.
I'll get back to ya.
Might take a few years.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought the record for the very last M*A*S*H (Which was a TV movie-BTW) would ever be broken cause that had the record for like forever.

Looks like last year's SB broke it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts