Most Likely WHo we will pick

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are a few players that the Packers will choose from (assuming there available at 23.

Taylor Mays: Amazing athlete, maybe the best athlete in the draft. Loves to hit!

Bruce Campbell: One of the most athletic O-Linemen I have seen. Not many people could get passed this kid.

C.J. Spiller: athletic RB that if he falls to us it would be hard to pass up taking him.

Charles Brown: Just a BIG O-Linemen with great footwork.

Sergio Kindle: Can play OLB or DE. Excellent pass rusher.

These I think are the most likely candidates to land with the Packers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My vote is for Charles Brown. I have no idea who will be the pick, specially that late. Nobody does, and they're not telling the thruth if they say that the know, or have an idea. It's easier to predict picks in the top 10, but after that, if one pick changes, the whole thing changes.

Fact is, Ted Thompson holds his cards very close to the vest. When the Packers show interest, you never know if it's real or just smoke screens...

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-linemen are our biggest need so based on that, it may be Brown or even Iupati. Brown makes the most sense here for me but if Campbell were available, he'd definitely be worth a look as well..

obryant13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iupati, Campbell, Kindle, Spiller, & possibly Mays (after his 4.31 combine 40 i promise someone over drafts him) all have about an 80% chance of being gone when we are on the board. I think at 23 we will take best available DB or OT, and if the talent at those positions is not top of the board TT will trade down to pick us up and extra rd 3 pick

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100% w. notsospecialteams
If those two guys have already been picked TT will most likely trade for more picks in the 2nd or 3rd round....
Only time will tell.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Charles Brown. Because whenever he hold off Allen/Peppers the loud speaker will blast out "Do the Charlie Brown!" and everyone in Lambeau will do the Charlie dance. Best 1st round pick EVER!

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When will people understand that Great Athlete does not equal Great Football player. Ahmad Carroll was a great athlete, Tony Mandarich was supposedly the best athelte to ever hit the draft. Jamarcus Russel is a great athlete because he could bomb the ball 60 yards from his knees, but guess what, they are all TERRIBLE football players.

No Taylor Mays, No Bruce Campbell. They will be bad players in the NFL, I'm pretty positive of it.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to see Bruce Campbell a packer... but doubtful, probably Anthony Davis or Charles Brown, PackerRS is right about TT with the smokescreens/not revealing anything...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When will people understand that Great Athlete does not equal Great Football player. Ahmad Carroll was a great athlete, Tony Mandarich was supposedly the best athelte to ever hit the draft. Jamarcus Russel is a great athlete because he could bomb the ball 60 yards from his knees, but guess what, they are all TERRIBLE football players.

No Taylor Mays, No Bruce Campbell. They will be bad players in the NFL, I'm pretty positive of it.

Claybillings: Dude......Bravo! I really hope Ted Thompson is thinking the very same thing! I'm really hoping for Charles Brown so we can all get on with ..........the rest of the draft.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We dont need a project like Tebow, even though he would be great for the locker room

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think Tebow is a project. IMO he is the best player to ever play College football, I think he comes in and eventually becomes a very good NFL QB.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think Tebow is a project. IMO he is the best player to ever play College football, I think he comes in and eventually becomes a very good NFL QB.
I agree with the last part, but he's a project, alright.

Unless Urban Meyer goes to coach his team. And even so, the speed of the NFL is just much greater than the speed of college, he'd still have to adapt.

If Tebow goes right now and starts for a team, he'd be terrible. But like you, I believe he can be a great NFL QB. Not the traditional pocket passer, but a great QB nonetheless...

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of good offensive lineman can be found in the later rounds. The Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC are full of good offensive lineman. I would love to get Kyle Wilson or Eric Berry in the first and then Devin McCourtey in the second. Add some serious talent and depth to the secondary.

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of good offensive lineman can be found in the later rounds. The Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC are full of good offensive lineman. I would love to get Kyle Wilson or Eric Berry in the first and then Devin McCourtey in the second. Add some serious talent and depth to the secondary.

Berry will easily be a Top 10 pick.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No way Berry lasts until pick 23, Wilson is a possibility. No way Mccourty falls down to where we pick in the 2nd round either. Mccourty most likely goes late first to really early second.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that Berry will most likely be taken top 10. But it is the draft and crazier things have happened. Either way, I feel we need to get our hands on some of that awesome young secondary talent in the draft. With a good SS to compliment Collins and a a good CB to get schooled by the best in the league and eventually start alongside Tramon Williams, our defense could get really really nasty.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not the best player to ever play college football. Barry Sanders and its not even close.

College and Pro ability are two different things completely. I dont think I need to sit and list great college players that have sucked. If you win the heisman your more than likely considered the best college player of that year. Only two of the last 12 heisman winners have had successful NFL careers.

Vince Young > Tim Tebow

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not the best player to ever play college football. Barry Sanders and its not even close.

College and Pro ability are two different things completely. I dont think I need to sit and list great college players that have sucked. If you win the heisman your more than likely considered the best college player of that year. Only two of the last 12 heisman winners have had successful NFL careers.

Vince Young > Tim Tebow

I dont think Tebow will be good in the NFL because I think he was the best college player ever, those are 2 separate topics. But I think its very hard to argue that he is not the best.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said in the same sentence that you think he is the best ever in college and that he will be a very good NFL QB. It would be only natural to assume that you are trying to tie those together.

Why is he the best college football player ever? What do you judge that on?

herrry.orason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the pendulum swung to far right as far as it would go. Now to get everything back to the center it has to swing the other direction. Oh I see you disagree with me. That's fine I don't care about getting best answer anyway,but I do think a liberal Supreme court is better for the people.

herrry.orason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on what your drafting for and the rules. if doing mock draft for a private money league i just suggest you do it on paper. you know the players in your league and there tendecies. doing 1 on the computer will just help you get a feel for the later rounds and what might be available to help you better prepare for your draft strategy.

Members online

Latest posts