Most Likely to Get Traded

pluto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if the giants would give up a 4th round pick, tt would ship them donald lee. yeah i know they drafted travis beckham last year, but all of their tight ends are injured less than 2 weeks into camp.

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spitz and Colledge have trade value. Remember both are free agents this off-season. If Colledge and Spitz sign with different teams, Green Bay could get compensation draft picks. Not too bad considering they would also provide depth this year.
I am more skeptical about Lee and Quinn. If I were a GM I wouldn't give up draft picks for either. I'de either wait for both to get waived or ship a player of similar roster value to Green Bay. Dallas has been extremely unlucky with TE injuries. Maybe we trade them Lee for an OLB. Knowing Thompson, it's more likely he's going to trade for a player that makes us all scratch our heads.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't think you'd get anything for Johnson. Fullbacks are gradually being phased out of the game. For some teams quicker than others.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn Johnson was a terrible draft pick, and I remember a lot of Packer fans b*tching about us taking him. Others said fans know nothing so shut up. But they were right. We didn't need a FB, especially one with his skillset, which would be better in a power running offense. He's never had hands. We need a FB like a Roger Craig or Tom Rathman who can catch.

I like the list. I'd trade Colledge or Spitz. Colledge has much more value than Spit does.
I wonder if Tennessee would trade anything for Jarrett Bush. I doubt it. But they did try to sign him last year to an offer sheet, and we shockingly matched the offer.

I'd like to bring in a real punter, and an OLB with some experience. But more teams now play a 3-4 on defense so those kinda guys are getting harder to find.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn Johnson was a terrible draft pick, and I remember a lot of Packer fans b*tching about us taking him. Others said fans know nothing so shut up. But they were right. We didn't need a FB, especially one with his skillset, which would be better in a power running offense. He's never had hands. We need a FB like a Roger Craig or Tom Rathman who can catch.

I like the list. I'd trade Colledge or Spitz. Colledge has much more value than Spit does.
I wonder if Tennessee would trade anything for Jarrett Bush. I doubt it. But they did try to sign him last year to an offer sheet, and we shockingly matched the offer.

I'd like to bring in a real punter, and an OLB with some experience. But more teams now play a 3-4 on defense so those kinda guys are getting harder to find.
The thing with Johnson is, we struggled mightly in short yardage and goal line running in 08.
And the YPC was noticeably better with him in the lineup. But, yeah, he's uni-dimensional.

They brought him with the mindset that he could develop, because he was extremely raw.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Why is everyone on quinn johnson all of a sudden. It's his second year, he's a thumper, he is a run impact blocker, that is it. Every good Team needs one, if we got rd of him now it would be dumb. We should get rid of hall or kuhn they are carbon copies of each other.

colledge
spitz
wells
Hawk*
T.Williams
Bigby*

atleast 1 of these guys will be gone for sure.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Darryn Colledge - He may lose his starting LG spot to Bulaga or Giacmomini. It's sad because he was a Second Round draft pick only a few years back.

2) Desmond Bishop - He's not happy AJ Hawk is still starting and has been voicing his opinion on the subject. The Packers preach "team", not individual.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge vs. Bulaga... Going with Colledge's consistent inconsistency last year combined with everything I'm reading and seeing on Bulaga, I think the rookie wins this competition at guard. Getting down to 53, I think Colledge packs his bags.

I think Bigby will be shipped out too. The guy laid down some awesome hits, but he's always injured and our future is with Burnett.

What do we got..something like three FBs? Somethings gotta give there...I'd imagine whoever can't contribute on special teams will be gone too.

It should be interesting!

JerseyAl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a good question - if Spitz is healthy, then Colledge should go, since he's been a starter and would bring the most value from a team that figures they can "fix" him by putting him at one spot and leaving him there...

JerseyAl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand, who I would LIKE to see go would be Brandon Jackson. If we're keeping him just to block for Rodgers on an occasional 3rd down play, then send him somewhere and let Porter take his spot. Packers coaches have already said how well Porter is doing with his blocking - something they didn't expect from him.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand, who I would LIKE to see go would be Brandon Jackson. If we're keeping him just to block for Rodgers on an occasional 3rd down play, then send him somewhere and let Porter take his spot. Packers coaches have already said how well Porter is doing with his blocking - something they didn't expect from him.

Jackson is an interesting idea for the trading block but I just can't see it. I know that you wrote about Porter and Lumpkin's blocking abilities in your recent article, but I don't think 1 preseason game is enough to make them Jackson's replacements just yet. Jackson is already a proven blocker whereas Porter and Lumpkin are just showing promise. Rather, I think they keep Jackson while Porter and Lumpkin fight for the final 3rd RB spot. The loser of the battle may get traded.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with your analysis except that I think the loser of the Porter/Lumpkin battle gets waived and then potentially put onto the practice squad if they clear waivers and are eligible (Porter definitely is; not sure about Lumpkin). I don't think either has trade value. Jackson has trade value based on his on-field performance, but I think he makes the 53-man. We are thin at RB already.

The only guys "on the bubble" that have trade value, I think, are Colledge, Spitz, one of the fullbacks (maybe), a guy like Wynn or Harrell from the DL. The other guys that don't make the 53-man probably hit the waiver wire.

You're right, I totally forgot about trade value. I don't think Porter really gets much of that since he's a rookie undrafted FA but Lumpkin might since he's been in the league for a few years. Still, they really don't offer much of anything IMO. Jackson is a former second round pick, and unfortunately TT will have to swallow his pride and duely call him a bust if we were to trade him.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
As the preseason unfolds, I REALLY REALLY REALLY would like to see us dump HAWK and colledge, pick up a RB or a draft pick.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge is not going to loose his Job to Giacomini. Bulaga maybe

6-7 is very big for a guard, I agree. I could see TJ Lang moving inside with Giacomini backing up Tauscher.

Colledge is garbage though. He's like a revolving door at any position on the o-line.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams is damn good in his role. Don't let go of him. Ship hawk yesterday, and ship out colledge, the guy was looking for bigger money having not done anything. maybe package them together and get another high DB or OLB

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you'd get anything for Johnson. Fullbacks are gradually being phased out of the game. For some teams quicker than others.

Packers may cut Johnson, I have heard alot that he is not progressing much if at all as a FB and keeping 3 again this year would waste one, maybe even 2 roster spots depening if they want to let Hall go.

Jess, in response to your signature, Arrested Development is possibly the funniest show I have ever seen and I really wish it would come back. Great picture/graph.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ultimate answer to this question is.........nobody...expect tt not to trade anyone, even w/ a possible injury

Members online

Latest posts