Most important thing for the Packers in the Playoffs

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping Rodgers safe trumps everything. 2nd is the D allowing < 400 passing yards. But the D is a little less important as statistically we have gone 14-1 this season with the D allowing around 400 or more rushing yards per game. We're still winning games with this D. The real concern is keeping Rodgers healthy. I don't think we could win without him. Or at least it wouldn't be the same.

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping Rodgers safe trumps everything. 2nd is the D allowing < 400 passing yards. But the D is a little less important as statistically we have gone 14-1 this season with the D allowing around 400 or more rushing yards per game. We're still winning games with this D. The real concern is keeping Rodgers healthy. I don't think we could win without him. Or at least it wouldn't be the same.

I would be concerned too if we allowed 400 or more rushing yards every game. x.x

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense needs to tighten up.... too many yards given up. But what is needed depends on who they play.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most important thing has to be this bye week....
2 entire weeks for guys to get some rest and get healthy!
is NICE-(borat voice)

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Units can improve in the playoffs. It happens all the time.

The Pack D has shown flashes this year but no consistency. If they can step it up and give it 100% in the playoffs they CAN improve.

Playing at home though this year will be crucial and the Packers are lucky here. The NFC is tough.

If I recall correctly this was the case with The Colts when they beat the Bears for the SB, defense questionable during regular season, but stepped up for the Playoffs. Pack will have to do likewise.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I recall correctly this was the case with The Colts when they beat the Bears for the SB, defense questionable during regular season, but stepped up for the Playoffs. Pack will have to do likewise.

They had better. If the Packers want to have a realistic chance of winning the NFC they are going to have to be able to make some stops on defense, and that includes more than just takeaways. You can't rely on getting INTs to stop drives against teams like SF or NO or even NY or DET. An interception or even two will not make enough of a difference if they can still march up and down the field. Stafford threw 2 INTs last week but the Lions still scored 42 points and that included a bad ruling on the TD by the ref.

I'm very confident in our offense especially now that our OL is healthy. Rodgers should be lights out in the playoffs and we'll score a lot of points but so will the other team if the defense doesn't improve.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for the honest and simple answer, but play the same way they did for 15 out of 16 games this year. I mean come on lets be honest, if the Packers are playing their best, noone can beat the Packers and the rest of the league knows it. We beat the Saints, Lions, Giants, Falcons, 4 of the 5 teams besides us in the playoffs. We are simply better, the only problem is if we do not play OUR GAME.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Clifton and Bulaga win their battles like last year, I don't see us losing. Giving Aaron the keys to dictate the game(fast paced or milk the clock by taking all day to hike) heavily benefits us. It all starts at protection. That happens and one of the six weapons will be open...eventually.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really dont mind giving up yards
Its giving up big plays that I don't want to.

When we playing Lions on Thanksgiving we gave up over 400 yards of offense but we limited their big plays and held them to 8 points until the very last minute of the game.

It's the big plays that we need to eliminate, its what DC has been preaching all season long.

Reaction score
The Defense needs to wrap up when they tackle, no big plays. Protection for Rodgers is a must and they have to get some sort of pressure on Manning.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for you guys i would say its stopping the run..you know ull put up points you need to get the other team off the field.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its going to be defense, I really believe we will play alot better, even against the top qbs we may be facing.

LB Desmond Bishop on the Packers’ last-ranked defense: “You definitely can change. Just like the Giants’ running game [which ranked last in the regular season] changed in the playoffs [172 yards last week against Atlanta]. None of the stats matter in the playoffs, it’s a whole new season. You’re only as good as your last performance.”

I really believe in this as well, I think the homefield advantage and the chilly temps will help our defense. As well as long as we get pressure up front. Raji is going to be an x-factor. I expect our defense to show up for the next 3 games!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't think we will see a different defense than what we've seen all season. But it has already been mentioned that this was good enough to win a lot of games. So I think the number one thing going forward is to keep the "stars" healthy.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Important thing for the Packers in the playoffs?

Maybe the best thing for them to have done is to attend a Pee-Wee football camp during the bye week.

Here is what they would have learned on Day #1:

1. Hold the ball with two hands when about to be tackled,
2. When receiving: Look the ball all the way in. Catch it with your hands, not the body. Secure the ball first, then run.
3. Keep head up when tackling, don't leave your feet, wrap the ball carrier with both arms.

Amazing how these pros can forget about fundamentals...

;)

Members online