Most important thing for the Packers in the Playoffs

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats most important for the packers in the playoffs?

For me I have to say its between keeping Rodgers jersey clean, and putting a little more pressure than we have been on other QBs.

What do you guys think?

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What you said, plus our defensive front needs to get some push up front in general, in all situations. And the D has to stop leaving the middle of the field so wide open.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Defense not allowing 450 yards a game
Protecting the quarterback
Running the ball better.

And that's about it.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think d-line needs to step it up,and with Pickett back think that will happen,Green seems to have gotten heavier so feel that is why they haven't been able to get pressure up front.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think d-line needs to step it up,and with Pickett back think that will happen,Green seems to have gotten heavier so feel that is why they haven't been able to get pressure up front.
But we got no pressure when Pickett played the first 13 games!! :confused: I think Pickett helps out more against the run.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But we got no pressure when Pickett played the first 13 games!! :confused: I think Pickett helps out more against the run.

They need better pass rushers --- besides Matthews who is a consistent pass rusher who else do the Pack have? Green? Pickett? Wilson?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need better pass rushers --- besides Matthews who is a consistent pass rusher who else do the Pack have? Green? Pickett? Wilson?
That's what I'm saying. We haven't been getting a rush all year. Even when Pickett played we didn't get much. I don't see how his return is going to change what was.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. We haven't been getting a rush all year. Even when Pickett played we didn't get much. I don't see how his return is going to change what was.

Yup! Sorry, I meant to say I agree with your post in my previous post lol. But I agree I don't see how Pickett is going to help in that area at all.

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed. Rodgers has not looked as sharp the last few games. He needs to get back in the zone.

He seemed pretty zoneish against the Bears.

The defense has to keep forcing turnovers. And Rodgers needs to keep turning said turnovers into TDs. Ideally, the defense would stop giving up so many yards, but barring that, the INTs must continue.

Oh, and better tackling.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rodgers can still play good with a dirty jersey so I'd say finding a pass rush from nowhere. Right now the secondary is just trying to hold coverage WAYYYYY too long.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Kick back for a few weeks then show up, collect a paycheck, rest on your laurels and don't let them see you sweat for two weeks. Then take two weeks for a 6 hour drive to Indy to pick up a ring and some other hardware. If I were defending champion, that's how I'd not do it.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I have to look at it this way. Is there a real big difference between playing for the 5th seed or the 6th seed in the Lions case? No home games no matter what position they earn. Maybe they might think of resting players up, too.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to look at it this way. Is there a real big difference between playing for the 5th seed or the 6th seed in the Lions case? No home games no matter what position they earn. Maybe they might think of resting players up, too.

5th seed means we are playing the NFC east, 6th seed means we are starting off in New Orleans. Thats a pretty big difference imo. I want to see the Lions build momentum, and playing the NFC east is the best chance to do that by getting their first playoff win in 20 years. Playing the saints and then the pack, back to back would suck.

Anyways, what even happened with the D this year? Werent they winning you games last year?

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5th seed means we are playing the NFC east, 6th seed means we are starting off in New Orleans. Thats a pretty big difference imo. I want to see the Lions build momentum, and playing the NFC east is the best chance to do that by getting their first playoff win in 20 years. Playing the saints and then the pack, back to back would suck.

Anyways, what even happened with the D this year? Werent they winning you games last year?

Correct, the D helped finish alot of games off last year,
Don't forget the D has had it's moments this year.

Remember when we shut out you Lions for a whole half this season? and held them to 8 points up until the last minute of the game?

Anyway, its time to embrace the Defense, 15 weeks and no consistent change.

The playoffs are going to be a shootout and I'm glad to have Aaron Rodgers holding the barrel.

ParLawGod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two keys (in my opinion), and they both fall with the lines.

1) Offensive line needs to continue to give A-Rod the time he needs (as someone mentioned, keep his jersey clean).
2) Defensive line needs to step up and get a respectable pass rush.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it, this defense isn't going to improve. They've had all year to get better, and they haven't. It's all up to the offense to go get another Lombardi trophy.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Let's face it, this defense isn't going to improve. They've had all year to get better, and they haven't. It's all up to the offense to go get another Lombardi trophy.

Not necessarily. Units can improve in the playoffs. It happens all the time.

The Pack D has shown flashes this year but no consistency. If they can step it up and give it 100% in the playoffs they CAN improve.

Playing at home though this year will be crucial and the Packers are lucky here. The NFC is tough.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats most important for the packers in the playoffs?

For me I have to say its between keeping Rodgers jersey clean, and putting a little more pressure than we have been on other QBs.
What do you guys think?
I agree with that for sure.
Turnovers too..... if the OL plays great, and the defense isn't totally pathetic, Rodgers will carry us to Indy.

Members online