Most heartbreaking regular season losses

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Non playoff games just regular season games what were the most heartbreaking losses that you guys can remember all time?

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're a all heartbreaking. We should go 16-0 and win every super bowl every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But in all seriousness, losing to Tampa bay that one year when they were so horrible..that was pretty sad. The chiefs loss when we were on our way to 16-0 a few years back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beebe82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1996 against the cowboys, got beat down by a field goal kicker. I remember reggie going after the entire cowboys sideline because they kicked another field goal with about ~2 mins to go

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The most heartbreaking loss?

Losing to the Packers on home field the last week of the 2010 season.

Oh, wait, I'm not a Bears fan. Never mind.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This one is easy for me: November 22, 1962 at the Detroit Lions. The Packers had one of the all-time great teams in NFL history and went into the game with a 10-0 record. They lost 26-14, but it wasn’t that close. The Detroit defense totally dominated the Packers’ offense. Starr was sacked 11 times, including one for a safety and he fumbled on another resulting in a Lion’s TD. He threw 2 INTs. Taylor was completely bottled up in the first half and finished rushing for less than 50 yards. The Lions led 23-0 at halftime and the Packers only made it somewhat respectable by scoring 14 points in the 4th quarter.

It ruined what would have been a perfect season. (And it also ruined the chance to never hear about the players from the 1972 Dolphins celebrating the last undefeated teams first loss season after season… :()

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO's TD catch against the Niners.

Any Bear loss when Bulter kicked a game winner.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa when they came at us with an 0-8 record. Cincy the same year wasn't great. If you're asking all time I remember a game around '86 or '87 at Lambeau we had a shot at beating the Bears who had owned us for YEARS, they had the ball but it was 4th and 5. All we had to do is bow up for one play. McMahon throws a screen to Fridge for a gain of 6. I admit it, I cried.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a few moments as a young Packer fan that always have made me cringe. When they are brought up I get physically sick to my stomach. Most of them are playoff games though, (4th and 26, Randy Moss' catch, Michael Vick going off on us for our first home playoff loss- getting a punt blocked!?)

But as far as regular season goes it has to be the Fail Mary game. What broke my heart the most was the fact it came at the hands of former Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson, who a year before lost in two last second controversial calls for the Badgers. Wisconsinites had no luck that year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts