Most dissapointing Packer of 2005?...

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which player would you say has been the most disappointing this season? No 'lists' allowed here - just pick one. Feel free to add your commentary as to why.

I'll start:

Robert Ferguson.

I honestly thought this season was gonna be his "coming out party". Replete with killer numbers, frequent Sports Center highlight reels, and a Pro Bowl berth.

It wasn't to be. :(

Reaction score
I second that. I though with J-Walk going down, we wouldn't loose a whole lot with Ferggy. BOY WAS I WRONG. He has played terribly, and has raised questions about whether that extension was a smart move or not. I don't think anyone can make excuses for that bad of a performance. Injury or not, he just seemed to have no heart this season.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are my Dissapointments
Fergy - Time to move on
Klemm - Not the right man for the job
Barnett - I could care less about his tackles.He need to fill up the Gaps
Jenkins - Could Have stepped up big this year and for the most part was invisible
Sander - Oh how I long for Hentrich Back
Long
Longwell- Off year and makes to much noise for a Kicker
Flanny - Age and Injuries has caught up to him
Carroll - Just does not make the plays and causes to many negatives

On the Flip Side - These are the guys that impressed me most this year
Driver - The guy is a player and has a heart the size of Texas
Henderson - Old Mr. Reliable. Love this guy
Gado - Too bad the Injury Bug Bit Him
Collins - I see some great Potential
Chatman - Stepped up in the face of pressure
Montgomery - Seemed to be around the ball every time he was in
Cole - Hard worker who played his *** off
Kampman - Glad we kept this guy - Great Attitude Great Effort
Lee - Big target for Brett.Played well
Wells - Big upgrade when he came in
Roman - Let the Bashing begin but he improved mightily under Bates

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gosh, there are numerous disappointments but it is hard for me to decide between Ahman Green and Robert Ferguson.

Green has been disappointing because of the poor yards per rush average, but that might be contributed to multiple factors.

Ferguson is just downright disappointing in his own right for all his talk and little action. He should be just as able in his position as Driver, but he fails to deliver. He doesn't go for the ball and displays little awareness of his role in a play when the ball doesn't go to him (or even when a ball does go his way for that matter).

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Gosh, there are numerous disappointments but it is hard for me to decide between Ahman Green and Robert Ferguson.

Green has been disappointing because of the poor yards per rush average, but that might be contributed to multiple factors.

Ferguson is just downright disappointing in his own right for all his talk and little action. He should be just as able in his position as Driver, but he fails to deliver. He doesn't go for the ball and displays little awareness of his role in a play when the ball doesn't go to him (or even when a ball does go his way for that matter).

my disappointment is Ryan Longwell. His leg doesn't seem to be effective as it once was. Ahman Green with his injury, there are too many names to mention. the list could go on and on.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Robert Ferguson, no doubt about it. And to think that, early in the season, they may have been able to trade him to Philly for a good defensive player. I was against the idea of trading him, thinking this was going to be his year to shine, and boy was I ever wrong, along with a lot of other people. I now wonder if he's washed up. With Walker and Murphy coming back, Ferguson may not even be worth keeping, depending on the cap hit the Packers would take if they cut him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fergy HAS been a dissapointment.........and i really believe it's because of the clothesline injury. I don't think he's been the same since that cheap shot. He was FEARLESS before that.
But like was said......TOO many disappointments to name.
Ahmad Carrol for me is a HUGE one. But i STILL don't understand WHY they take short guys, to cover TALL receivers!!!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Johnson. Ya, I know he's not on the team anymore, but still....he was such a huge bust that I can't let it go.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd have to go with fergy as well. he had the perfect chance to shine & didn't - even though according to some of his quotes, he believes he's one of the best - :puke: !!!