Moss Visits Green Bay

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack9 thanks buddy i didnt even realize it was my 1000th..... i would of made it better if i had known that.
none the less..... seeing ive gotten to 1000 only prolongs my ********. i may seriously call a doctor. or a psychiatrist.

and as to your point... i think we are both excited about moss. and i agree based on production and age LJ sounds better. i think theres a ton of other things that play into including potential, wear and tear, attitude. etc.
for some reason to me it just seems that if Moss comes to GB i just feel something special about to happen. If everyone buys into systems and attitudes that the coaches put forth.... we got the talent. im just sayin.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think thats a great way to put it Packnic. Excitement is infectious. Look at the Brewers - spent a little money, people started talking, the team buys into it and pretty soon you have some success. Moss to GB would be the biggest story since Reggie. That one had a happy ending.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a semi-related issue I just read that on the Dan Patrick show a NFL source says that the Raiders have made a low-ball offer to BRADY QUINN. What kind of impact does that have about a Moss trade.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the 'pro-randy, anti-LJ' camp, and yeah, there's some similarities regarding age, production, salary, etc. The place I see the big difference is in their positions played. If Randy was exactly what he is now, but a running back, I'd vomit at the thought of him in G&G. But it's the fact that he's a receiver, one of the lowest-impact/touches ratioed positions in the game. RB has got to be one of the highest. That's where I see the disparity.

But all this is moot, because Denver is gonna trade up to #2 for CJ and dominate the league for the next 6-7 years. God I hate them.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I have mixed feelings about Johnson and/or Moss coming to Green Bay (mostly related to the cap implications), I don't think either one of them are going to make that much of an impact unless the play of the OL improves dramatically. Someone mentioned Reggie White. The reason he was so effective was that he improved the play of everyone else on the DL.

It all starts and ends on the line of scrimmage folks, IMHO.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I have mixed feelings about Johnson and/or Moss coming to Green Bay (mostly related to the cap implications), I don't think either one of them are going to make that much of an impact unless the play of the OL improves dramatically. Someone mentioned Reggie White. The reason he was so effective was that he improved the play of everyone else on the DL.

It all starts and ends on the line of scrimmage folks, IMHO.

That's dead-on, Lare. On that same note, I think that Bubba could be a lot more productive if he had more touches. I know, he dropped all the touches he got last year, but that was what, like 7-8?

If he had the chance to leave his blocking duties and run pass routes, I think that he'd be a decent option in the passing game.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O-line had two rookies starting (3 sometimes), a "rookie" center, and still ranked well in sacks given up. They seemed to work better together in the ZBS as the season went along as well. I'm not worried about them.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't this the Randy Moss thread?

Yes. Back on track with that.

Two things.

First. FOLLOW THE MONEY. Oaklands broke or close to it. They have to deal with the #1 draft pick. You either cut Moss and save $7.5 mill in cap room right away or you cut two or three other valuable players to get some cash freed up. Players that might want to actually play for the Oakland Raiders.

Secondly, Randy Moss made it abundantly, crystal, completely, and, without reservation, CLEAR he doesn't want to be a Raider.

Now what? Not a word. Nada. Nothing. Like he vanished!

Sorry, these kind of things don't just go away. You don't just stop talking and go on with your life. Not from a guy that LOVES to talk. It doesn't just stop, go away, and, be forgotten.

Mr. Davis has gagged Moss. Period. Shutup. Not another word and you get what you want. Out. Otherwise, no promises. I might just let you rot if you **** me off anymore than you have. Al is one that would do it and RM knows it.

It's the only thing I can see that could shut Randy Moss up so completely for such a long time. I mean Al Davis letting him come back? Come on guys!
The day Al Davis finalizes a deal that gets the most in return for the guy he will personally put Moss on the fastest jet out of Oakland.

You don't talk smack to the silver and black and let Al hear it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Rolling Stones lead singer **** Jagger was on that flight to Green Bay with Randy Moss. They sat together and had quite a chat!
Thats when I KNEW the whole rumor was bogus.

Remember................"A Rolling Stone gathers no Moss!!!!" :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Rolling Stones lead singer **** Jagger was on that flight to Green Bay with Randy Moss. They sat together and had quite a chat!

You got that info from the guy in England didn't you ?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Did you get this info from that guy in England?

Hey Packone......i guess you didn't read my WHOLE thread!
It was a JOKE!
A LAME one i admit, but still, just a joke!

EDIT: Caught ya before you edited it!LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOLOLOL!!!! Good one Packone!!!LOLOL!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:
I know it was a REALLY dumb joke.........but hey, i HAD to TRY to inject some of my lame humor into this thread! I felt it needed a little "Cheesey" added to liven it up a bit!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that poor guy's probably gonna have to change his phone number and make sure the new one is unlisted. can you imagine how "YOU SUCK!" messages he's gonna get once the Real Randy Moss gets traded to Green Bay... although all those haters will only last until about 12:15 on Sept 19.

Members online

Latest posts