MOSS TALKS HEATING UP: PER PFT

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POSTED 11:22 a.m. EST; UPDATED 11:33 a.m. EST, March 4, 2007

MOSS-TO-PACKERS TALK HEATING UP

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that the Oakland Raiders and the Green Bay Packers are continuing to work toward a trade that would send Randy Moss to the place at which he pretended to moon the home fans two years ago.

As we reported a few days ago, the Raiders wanted a first-round pick. The Packers offered quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The talks were on hold while the Raiders courted Jeff Garcia. Now, the talk has resumed, and we're told that it will likely be either Rodgers or a second-round pick that goes to Oakland for Moss.

Stay tuned. Other teams still possibly in the mix are the Jags and the suddenly Redskinesque Patriots.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ted called Rodgers personally and told him he wasnt going to be traded..

this comes from they guy I know who works with in the packers offices..

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why would Ted want call Aaron and give him bad news like that? Talk about ruining someones weekend!

Raider Pride

Edit: Spelled my own name wrong... Twice.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

is the guy you know allowed to tell you more inside info, that you could inturn tell us?

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider fans don't want Aaron (not that it matters what they want). Something is definitely going down here. I don't like it since I've adopted you guys as a team I root for ever since Woody came over here. I'd really hate to see this quitter on the PACK.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You dont know.....

I was told from my dads first cousin, whos daughter dated a guy, whos dad is friends of tt's pool cleaner that ur wrong!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I bet Ted did, just before he went to each an every other Packer player and told them the same thing.

edit, not ripping u LT, jus think the info is ... less than credible... if someone can enlighten me to another train of thought, im open for it.

Does this mean Rodgers WAS being considered for trade?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a poor fit for what Al Davis likes for a QB.

2nd round pick seems more likely. If so then I kind of hope Green Bay moves down in the 1st and picks up another 2nd. We'll see though but this site doesn't seem to accurate to me.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Vince is turning over in his grave with this rumor, I really hope we don't bring this locker room killer here.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pacekers are seriously considering this trade of Rogers for Moss, they must think Rogers is awful. Honestly I can't imagine trading your QB of the future for troubled old receiver.

Reaction score

I'd tend to believe what you are reporting is true.

My main reason for that belief is what TT said during his press conference to announce Brett will be back.

I even had a thread which I highlighted the main points, and one reoccurring theme was TT speaking positively of A-Rod. I recall off the top of my head him saying McCarthy talked to Rodgers for a good length of time the morning Brett announced he was coming back, telling him he was still in their plans and they looked forward to seeing him in the off-season, etc.

EDIT -
Link to the thread highlighting TT's press conference when Brett announced he would be back...

TT said things like (and I am paraphrasing):
- Rodgers+Favre forms a great QB duo
- they informed Rodgers that they were happy to have him even with Brett.
- Happy to have Brett and Aaron on the team
- Overall, TT thinks it's a positive for Aaron to have Brett back.

It also seemed as if TT and MM went out of there way to make Aaron feel wanted in GB (go down in the above thread, and check out Raider Pride and my posts), and I just can't see Ted changing his opinion and wanting Aaron out in just a month.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: So, Ted lets Ahman go and wants a cancer on the club? Does not bode well for the coming season. With Moss on GB's team, think I'll watch the Bears!!! Ar-r-rg-g-g-h!!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big A-Rod fan. I hate the way he throws the ball from his ear. its to easy to swat the ball away.

Randy has proven he can be one of the most exciting players in the NFL.

Randy Moss for A-Rod, I'd jump on it.

Moss for a second round pick, I'm for that also

Let's get #4 some real scoring weapons for once

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: So, Ted lets Ahman go and wants a cancer on the club? Does not bode well for the coming season. With Moss on GB's team, think I'll watch the Bears!!! Ar-r-rg-g-g-h!!!

Ahman was overpaid...you have no clue what happened between TT and Ahman's agent. I would have been angry if TT paid what Houston did for an aging back.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:

Ahman was overpaid...you have no clue what happened between TT and Ahman's agent. I would have been angry if TT paid what Houston did for an aging back.

agreed

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: Hope you guys are prepared to live with whatever comes because Ahman was at least a proven commodity and very loyal GB player. If Ahman was overpaid then Moss is overpaid to a much greater extent. Wonder what the Moss backers will say when Moss decides to take a hike before the game is over?

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POSTED 8:08 a.m. EST; UPDATED 8:21 a.m. EST, March 5, 2007

MOSS TO PATS TALK INCREASES

We've mentioned a couple of times over the past few days that the New England Patriots are an under-the-radar candidate for Raiders receiver Randy Moss.

Well, they were under the radar.

John Tomase of the Boston Herald confirms that the Pats have shown interest in acquiring Moss. Per Tomase, coach Bill Belichick has "long been enamored" with Moss and would welcome the opportunity to bring him to New England at the right price.

The key phrase here is "at the right price." Under his current deal, Moss is scheduled to earn $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. And with his current abilities tough to gauge through the haze of general crappiness that has been the Oakland offense of late, there's no way that the Patriots could justify devoting nearly eight figures of cap space to him.

The alternative is to convert as much of his salary as possible to a signing bonus, which would reduce the cap number but at the same time limit the team's options if he comes into camp and Belichick decides that he simply doesn't have it anymore. Though his salary is high, it can all be avoided if he's cut before the start of the regular season.

And don't rule out the possibility that the Pats are merely faking interest in Moss. Such an approach might prompt a division rival (such as the Dolphins) to jump into the bidding and give up too much to get him. Likewise, a belief that the Pats want Moss could drive down the price tag for any other free-agent receivers in which they might be interested.

Our gut feeling on this one? If the Patriots could get him through a trade and a contract that is fair, they'd do it. For proof of it, look no further than the depth chart at the position, which currently has the names "Reche Caldwell" and "Jabar Gaffney" at the top of the list.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brief interjection

No smack intended...just my thoughts.

From a Vikings Fan perspective:

The picture of Moss in a Packers uniform, is like picturing Cheesey in a speedo ! :eek:mg:

Interjection over.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brief interjection

The picture of Moss in a Packers uniform, is like picturing Cheesey in a speedo ! :eek:mg:

Interjection over.
Now.......WHAT would make you even THINK of that???
I'm getting SCARED!!!! :rotflmao: (Vikesrule thinking of ME in a SPEEDO!)
Note: If i WAS wearing a speedo.......chances are you couldn't see it anyway!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
Brief interjection

Interjection over.
Now.......WHAT would make you even THINK of that???
I'm getting SCARED!!!! :rotflmao: (Vikesrule thinking of ME in a SPEEDO!)
Note: If i WAS wearing a speedo.......chances are you couldn't see it anyway!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

You cant stop him from seeing that in his fantasy

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wtmj ( milwaukee radio and tv) is reporting moss for 2nd rounder, or rodgers for moss

and btw inside source of wtmj says those are what the RAIDERS are wanting, not that the Packers offered that

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wtmj ( milwaukee radio and tv) is reporting moss for 2nd rounder, or rodgers for moss

and btw inside source of wtmj says those are what the RAIDERS are wanting, not that the Packers offered that

The Raiders can wish in one hand and crap in the other. We won't be giving them Rodgers or a 2nd. They'll be lucky to get a third and pray some team takes that payroll off their hands.

Free agency and trades are chess matches. Fortunately for the Packers, our checker player coaches the offensive line in Houston.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

The Raiders can wish in one hand and crap in the other. We won't be giving them Rodgers or a 2nd. They'll be lucky to get a third and pray some team takes that payroll off their hands.

Free agency and trades are chess matches. Fortunately for the Packers, our checker player coaches the offensive line in Houston.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! KING ME!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts