MOSS TALKS HEATING UP: PER PFT

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
wtmj ( milwaukee radio and tv) is reporting moss for 2nd rounder, or rodgers for moss

and btw inside source of wtmj says those are what the RAIDERS are wanting, not that the Packers offered that

The Raiders can wish in one hand and crap in the other. We won't be giving them Rodgers or a 2nd. They'll be lucky to get a third and pray some team takes that payroll off their hands.

Free agency and trades are chess matches. Fortunately for the Packers, our checker player coaches the offensive line in Houston.

The Raiders have absolutely no salary cap issues, his salary is not an issue. If Al doesn't get what he wants, we will just keep Moss. Al will bench someone before he lets him go for less than he is worth in his mind.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you ever hear the Al Davis sets up seperate pension plans for his players?

this is the station i listen to alot

http://www.myspace.com/garyandcliff

and they have the Jim Brown interview on this page as well..Brown talks about Al Davis..

Thx for the listen. I had heard about that before, Al is very good to his ex-Raiders unless they cross him. The Raiders are like a family and Al has done so much for this league, the players, and civil rights.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper is on the Dolphins, i dont think they will be trading for Moss any time soon :)

Patriots are the cheapest team out there. They will not pay Moss. Bills?? C'mon, Randy aint playing in Buffalo. Jets cant use him. Chad Pennington cant throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field.

Its all BS.

WELCOME GO GREEN BAY MR. MOSS !!!!!!!

POSTED 8:08 a.m. EST; UPDATED 8:21 a.m. EST, March 5, 2007

MOSS TO PATS TALK INCREASES

We've mentioned a couple of times over the past few days that the New England Patriots are an under-the-radar candidate for Raiders receiver Randy Moss.

Well, they were under the radar.

John Tomase of the Boston Herald confirms that the Pats have shown interest in acquiring Moss. Per Tomase, coach Bill Belichick has "long been enamored" with Moss and would welcome the opportunity to bring him to New England at the right price.

The key phrase here is "at the right price." Under his current deal, Moss is scheduled to earn $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. And with his current abilities tough to gauge through the haze of general crappiness that has been the Oakland offense of late, there's no way that the Patriots could justify devoting nearly eight figures of cap space to him.

The alternative is to convert as much of his salary as possible to a signing bonus, which would reduce the cap number but at the same time limit the team's options if he comes into camp and Belichick decides that he simply doesn't have it anymore. Though his salary is high, it can all be avoided if he's cut before the start of the regular season.

And don't rule out the possibility that the Pats are merely faking interest in Moss. Such an approach might prompt a division rival (such as the Dolphins) to jump into the bidding and give up too much to get him. Likewise, a belief that the Pats want Moss could drive down the price tag for any other free-agent receivers in which they might be interested.

Our gut feeling on this one? If the Patriots could get him through a trade and a contract that is fair, they'd do it. For proof of it, look no further than the depth chart at the position, which currently has the names "Reche Caldwell" and "Jabar Gaffney" at the top of the list.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper is on the Dolphins, i dont think they will be trading for Moss any time soon :)

Patriots are the cheapest team out there. They will not pay Moss. Bills?? C'mon, Randy aint playing in Buffalo. Jets cant use him. Chad Pennington cant throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field.

Its all BS.

WELCOME GO GREEN BAY MR. MOSS !!!!!!!
When Culpepper was on the market last season, Randy said he would welcome him in Oakland and just wants to win. I could see him reuniting with Daunte.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ted called Rodgers personally and told him he wasnt going to be traded..

this comes from they guy I know who works with in the packers offices..

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/PKR01/70309215/1989

Rodgers said no one from the Packers called to refute the rumors.

“I didn’t really need that,” he said. “I figured if I was going to get traded — the way our organization is, we’re a first-class organization — I knew I’d be the first one to know. So when I hear stuff like this, I didn’t really think too much of it. A lot of my friends were potentially excited about me coming to California, but I said, ‘Don’t count on it.’”

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Ted called Rodgers personally and told him he wasnt going to be traded..

this comes from they guy I know who works with in the packers offices..

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/PKR01/70309215/1989

Rodgers said no one from the Packers called to refute the rumors.

“I didn’t really need that,” he said. “I figured if I was going to get traded — the way our organization is, we’re a first-class organization — I knew I’d be the first one to know. So when I hear stuff like this, I didn’t really think too much of it. A lot of my friends were potentially excited about me coming to California, but I said, ‘Don’t count on it.’”

Well that little

#$%$@%^$#^$%&$%&$%

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers pondering potential Moss trade despite fans' objections
By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
March 9, 2007

When the widely rumored trade was brought up in front of a crowd at the Packers' annual Fan Fest at Lambeau Field on Friday evening, boos and hisses drowned out any timid cheers.

And Harlan says fans who have called his office to weigh in on Moss generally don't like the idea of trading for a receiver who might be past his prime, might be playing his way out of a second NFL city because of his questionable attitude -- and, by the way, once pretended to "moon" the fans at Lambeau after scoring a touchdown.

Link

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free agency and trades are chess matches. Fortunately for the Packers, our checker player coaches the offensive line in Houston.

Personally, I'd rather be a consistent winner at playing checkers than a consistent loser at playing chess. But that's just me.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:

Personally, I'd rather be a consistent winner at playing checkers than a consistent loser at playing chess. But that's just me.
:thumbsup:

Who do you suppose he would have given our 20 million to Lare?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
DakotaT said:

I'm guessing either the Pepsi Machine or that BK guy. :lol:

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Lare said:
DakotaT said:

I'm guessing either the Pepsi Machine or that BK guy. :lol:

:rotflmao: Nice.

Back to this topic though, what are your thoughts on Moss? I'm very torn on this one. He is in the top 3 on my list of hated players in this league. I'm going to have a very hard time cheering for him. I think though that he would really open up all the underneath stuff for Driver and Jennings, and all three would flourish.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts on Moss really just come down to his cost. If, like Koren Robinson, we could get him for a reasonable price without giving up a draft pick, he would probably be worth the investment even with the resulting baggage.

But if we have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and pay him close to $10 million dollars, that's way over the risk/reward factor for someone his age and with his attitude IMO.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers pondering potential Moss trade despite fans' objections
By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
March 9, 2007

When the widely rumored trade was brought up in front of a crowd at the Packers' annual Fan Fest at Lambeau Field on Friday evening, boos and hisses drowned out any timid cheers.

And Harlan says fans who have called his office to weigh in on Moss generally don't like the idea of trading for a receiver who might be past his prime, might be playing his way out of a second NFL city because of his questionable attitude -- and, by the way, once pretended to "moon" the fans at Lambeau after scoring a touchdown.

Link

People from other forums that were there said lot of the boos came from women...And the guys that didnt boo were getting " the look" from their women, until they started to boo..

one guy even said he didnt want to boo until his wife gave him that look

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Moss really just come down to his cost. If, like Koren Robinson, we could get him for a reasonable price without giving up a draft pick, he would probably be worth the investment even with the resulting baggage.

But if we have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and pay him close to $10 million dollars, that's way over the risk/reward factor for someone his age and with his attitude IMO.

maybe the raiders are going to release him and thats when the pack pick him up?

jsonline has mentioned it

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: MOSS TALKS HEATING UP

Amusingly, on another forum, "The Randy Moss Thread"....Go to page: 1 ... 109, 110, 111.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:whippin:

People from other forums that were there said lot of the boos came from women...And the guys that didnt boo were getting " the look" from their women, until they started to boo..

:rotflmao:
:twocents: Now we have fans that have their likes and dislikes controled by their wives? Wow! We are getting sort of wimpish and then, of course, it makes sense to not buy into the Moss trade as one should know women have an inordinate sense of right and wrong. That last part can be taken to the bank!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
:whippin:

:rotflmao:
:twocents: Now we have fans that have their likes and dislikes controled by their wives? Wow! We are getting sort of wimpish and then, of course, it makes sense to not buy into the Moss trade as one should know women have an inordinate sense of right and wrong. That last part can be taken to the bank!

What is really funny your statement was mentioned to that guy...

He has already received advise to get a new wife

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, that is funny. All right, you remind this world traveler of a story about Greyhound. Once, I took a trip from the Midwest to CA based upon least costs transportation...an eye opener. During the trip a group of women sat together talking all day about their spouses etc. One guy sitting behind them got so upset that he looked at me with his ears covered up with his hands. I laughed with my earphone music player saying, "What did you expect?" TRUE STORY!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :twocents: :twocents: :jumpsmile: :jumpsmile:

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big A-Rod fan. I hate the way he throws the ball from his ear. its to easy to swat the ball away.
Ok coach...too bad you were not in the GM spot because then we could have avoided this mistake of even drafting rodgers.

Randy has proven he can be one of the most exciting players in the NFL.
He also tends to be a pretty big trouble maker...

robkeg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand all the R. Moss talk. He burned us for a lot of yards and TDs when he was with the Vikings. And if I am correct our defense was fairly solid at the time. Remember this is a business and it is all about wins. We could use Moss to open up Driver. Go get him but, don't trade Rodgers to get him. God for bid but, what if Brett actually got hurt!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts