Moss in GB

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
I'm not going to get emotional about signing Moss but I'll say this. We have a young team that played hard last year and won more game then maybe they should have. We had a lot young players that got extensive time playing the game and came together as a team. Why stick someone like Moss in there, who more than likely will be the story of the season, in a negative way?

I'm not so sure Favre is the one we should be listening to about Moss. Favre wants to break some records and go to the Superbowl. That probably won't happen in the short term. Moss will assuredly break this team up into different camps while he rationalizes his dropped passes, poor routes and lack of toughness.

I disagreed on the Woodson signing but I was wrong for this year. I may be wrong about Moss as well but with the state of the Packers, we should sign players that we know will be with the Packers for the longer term. I see no point in signing older players except for depth. Moss might give the Packers something for a couple of years but with his seemingly lack of desire, lack of pride in himself and lack attitude and desire, the Packers are risking a lot for some short term success.

Once a competent GM attains a solid talent base there is nothing wrong with bringing in veterans to put the team over the top.

Every Super Bowl team has been a good mix of youth and veteran status.

I don't disagree about bringing in some high priced talent when a team is close but the Packers aren't that close yet. All of the young talent is still in the development stage. Whether the young guys continually improve or fade away is still a matter of time. Signing a guy like Moss is not only a huge risk but is also premature.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
Mackie2001 said:
I'm not going to get emotional about signing Moss but I'll say this. We have a young team that played hard last year and won more game then maybe they should have. We had a lot young players that got extensive time playing the game and came together as a team. Why stick someone like Moss in there, who more than likely will be the story of the season, in a negative way?

I'm not so sure Favre is the one we should be listening to about Moss. Favre wants to break some records and go to the Superbowl. That probably won't happen in the short term. Moss will assuredly break this team up into different camps while he rationalizes his dropped passes, poor routes and lack of toughness.

I disagreed on the Woodson signing but I was wrong for this year. I may be wrong about Moss as well but with the state of the Packers, we should sign players that we know will be with the Packers for the longer term. I see no point in signing older players except for depth. Moss might give the Packers something for a couple of years but with his seemingly lack of desire, lack of pride in himself and lack attitude and desire, the Packers are risking a lot for some short term success.

Once a competent GM attains a solid talent base there is nothing wrong with bringing in veterans to put the team over the top.

Every Super Bowl team has been a good mix of youth and veteran status.

I don't disagree about bringing in some high priced talent when a team is close but the Packers aren't that close yet. All of the young talent is still in the development stage. Whether the young guys continually improve or fade away is still a matter of time. Signing a guy like Moss is not only a huge risk but is also premature.

You are right on the money.

Members online

Latest posts