Moss in GB

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss is on the down side of his career plus he short arms, takes plays off and is not a team player. I am wondering how did he morph into the answer to all Green Bay's wide recievor needs. I just don't see it.

This is the TRUE perfect post.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think he will not cause many problems in green bay because he will be happy with where he is playing(with brett).

i dont think moss is on the downside of his career its just that he has not been playing with a decent qb(as stated before). moss will help us more in positive ways than in negative.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss doesn't actually have short arms, he just doesn't care enough to fully extend them.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis; Comparing a guy with an addiction to booze to a guy who doesn't believe in giving his best and controlling his mouth is apples and oranges. And that doesn't even consider the huge difference in salaries. KRob certainly doesn't drink more than Favre/Winters used to and they moderated their habits for the good of their futures.

It is not the fact that K-Rob drinks excessively that I have a problem with, it is the fact he gets behind the wheel of a car after doing so. While one might use the 'he made a bad mistake' arguement on the first offense, it doesn't fly with me the second time around. Where I come from DUI is a criminal offence, and quite a bit more serious than 'not giving your best and controlling your mouth'. Not giving your best and lipping off do not result in the deaths of innocent people, however drinking and driving does.

I certainly hope you never have to attend the funeral of a 19 year old girl who was cut down in the prime of her life by some drunken, irresponsible POS like K-Rob that didn't possess the control, forsight nor common sense to leave his keys at home before getting hammered. Unfortunately, I have.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a Randy Moss fan. I think selfish players are always selfish. I think players who have a bad attitude as a pro have a bad attitude because of something or some things that have happened in their lives. They never change when they become pros. Donald Driver is an equally outstanding receiver. Jennings is an up and comer. I can't see where a selfish guy like Moss can fit in. Yes, he can catch the ball. Yes he takes plays off. But he's a glory hound. Think about this, if he were in small town Green Bay, what antics would this guy pull to get the attention back on him? You have to know that guys who are like this have to have, they need, the attention on them. It's not controllable. I want players whose focus is on Sunday and who take care of business the rest of the week. There is nothing in Randy Moss's professional career that would lead me to believe that this would be the case. I want to win as badly as anyone and I truly believe that TT has to make a move to get Brett at least one more quality receiver, but I just hope it's not Moss.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think Moss is a glory hog at all. He's a shy loner who does some stupid things (like cuss out his coach, pseudo-moon the packers fans, and smoke weed) and because he's so talented it turns into national news. I don't know where people get off thinking he's a glory hog. To me it certainly seems like he'd be much happier if he were able to fly beneath the radar, but because of his talent he can't, and that, I believe, is part of the reason he acts out every once in a while. This is not to say that he doesn't have an attitude problem, but i don't think he's a glory hog.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense intended to anyone but I think thi is a pointless thread, TT wont sign him, he is looking for a hidden diamond that he can get for the minimum wage plus some Shopko discount coupons..

I really dont see him signing Moss nor anyother expensive player, besides he only takes risks with his own boys like Koreen and Manuel.

Also this year he has the excuse that the draft if loaded with WR so he will go that way.

If it pans out he is a genius if not he didnt overspend, he tried to build via Draft, bla, bla, bla, but his big ego is not damaged at all.

I will eat crow if TT takes the risk,,, by the way some guys are already eating it as Brett is back, maybe I could get a nice recipe !!

Just my opinion...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im thinking because he will be in a small town, he will not have to do as much to get attention which is better than him being in new york and struggling to get attention. i can hope at least

i think a viking fan put it best. you can call him short armed. you can call him past his prime. bad attitude, pot head, cop killa. whatever you freakin want. but the damn point is. when that guy is on the feild wether its on crutches or in a wheelchair.... he DEMANDS a double team plain and simple.

Now if your to moral orel to understand that that will help the green bay packers, then your too far gone to be helped. a double team on him means single coverage on every other skill position.

you think DD had a good year LAST year? imagine if hes the one gettin single coverage, and imagine Jennings coming out of the slot uncovered at times because people are scared of Moss.

i dont agree but can understand people not wanting Moss here for attitude or behavior reasons..... but hes coming from a terrible situation with probally the worst offense in the past 10 years, you put him on this young and budding team, hes gonna help us win ball games straight up.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense intended to anyone but I think thi is a pointless thread, TT wont sign him, he is looking for a hidden diamond that he can get for the minimum wage plus some Shopko discount coupons..

I really dont see him signing Moss nor anyother expensive player, besides he only takes risks with his own boys like Koreen and Manuel.

Also this year he has the excuse that the draft if loaded with WR so he will go that way.

If it pans out he is a genius if not he didnt overspend, he tried to build via Draft, bla, bla, bla, but his big ego is not damaged at all.

I will eat crow if TT takes the risk,,, by the way some guys are already eating it as Brett is back, maybe I could get a nice recipe !!

Just my opinion...

TT wouldnt sign Charles Woodson either... hes too cheap and stupid for that.

its not even officially the offseason yet and people are killin TT for being cheap. its gettin ridiculous. go pretend to know more about computers than Bill Gates or something...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

Just my opinion...

TT wouldnt sign Charles Woodson either... hes too cheap and stupid for that.

Pack--stop posting things that are facts!!

LOL

Reaction score
Easy there packnic, Chamuko wrote that it was only his opinion, no need to get so personal there.

I do agree with your point that it is unfair to call out TT for being cheap this offseason when the offseason hasn't even started in terms of free agency.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that wasnt personal to him, it was to all the fans that think.... nevermind im not starting last year again.

please accept my most sincere apology.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Building thru the Draft is what Ted wants to do. The problem with signing big time names is a big risk. look what happend to Washington. Now they have a whole bunch of expensive players, no cap room, and had a losing record. The question is do you take that risk. I say we do, but not with a WR. We have WR covered in my opinion. how bout a saftey or DB?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it comical that so many are just absolutely convinced TT wants nothing to do with Free Agency when in fact he proved to be more active there than the majority of GM's once he got the cap situation in order.

In '05 when he got here there was NO MONEY! O.K.? Many were screaming at him to do this and do that and make sure this guy doesn't leave. WHATEVER. How, exactly, was he supposed to do that?

So what happens? The cheap label gets applied. TT's CHEAP! Look at the pitiful offensive guards he's signed. What's up with that? Well duh. We were broke. The Cadillac was going to have to wait.

In '06 TT signed more top 20 FA's than ANY other team in the NFL. Yes, that includes resigning guys that hit the FA market. In God's name how does that not count? Sure would have counted if we DIDN'T resign them now wouldn't it? Would have counted AGAINST him.

So my conclusion to all of this is TT doesn't sign FA when he doesn't have any money and does sign them when there's money in the kitty. Now ain't that some real news.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it comical that so many are just absolutely convinced TT wants nothing to do with Free Agency when in fact he proved to be more active there than the majority of GM's once he got the cap situation in order.

In '05 when he got here there was NO MONEY! O.K.? Many were screaming at him to do this and do that and make sure this guy doesn't leave. WHATEVER. How, exactly, was he supposed to do that?

So what happens? The cheap label gets applied. TT's CHEAP! Look at the pitiful offensive guards he's signed. What's up with that? Well duh. We were broke. The Cadillac was going to have to wait.

In '06 TT signed more top 20 FA's than ANY other team in the NFL. Yes, that includes resigning guys that hit the FA market. In God's name how does that not count? Sure would have counted if we DIDN'T resign them now wouldn't it? Would have counted AGAINST him.

So my conclusion to all of this is TT doesn't sign FA when he doesn't have any money and does sign them when there's money in the kitty. Now ain't that some real news.

nothing more ever needs to be said. but some irrational fan will have something to say about how hes not doing it right.

as usual warhawk great post

theimbach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If moss comes to green bay, there goes our shot at SB42. The man is t.o. jr., and any REAL Packers fan would hate moss. After his "full moon" in playoffs few years back, i dont see how he will enjoy Title Town. If T.T. even thinks about him, he should be fired immediately.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If moss comes to green bay, there goes our shot at SB42. The man is t.o. jr., and any REAL Packers fan would hate moss. After his "full moon" in playoffs few years back, i dont see how he will enjoy Title Town. If T.T. even thinks about him, he should be fired immediately.

:confused: here we go again!! yay

btw, if you're upset about him mooning the fans, you should channel that anger towards the soft team that did NOTHING about it. Also keep in mind that Packers fans moon the away team bus, and I'm not talking the fake moon either.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to get emotional about signing Moss but I'll say this. We have a young team that played hard last year and won more game then maybe they should have. We had a lot young players that got extensive time playing the game and came together as a team. Why stick someone like Moss in there, who more than likely will be the story of the season, in a negative way?

I'm not so sure Favre is the one we should be listening to about Moss. Favre wants to break some records and go to the Superbowl. That probably won't happen in the short term. Moss will assuredly break this team up into different camps while he rationalizes his dropped passes, poor routes and lack of toughness.

I disagreed on the Woodson signing but I was wrong for this year. I may be wrong about Moss as well but with the state of the Packers, we should sign players that we know will be with the Packers for the longer term. I see no point in signing older players except for depth. Moss might give the Packers something for a couple of years but with his seemingly lack of desire, lack of pride in himself and lack attitude and desire, the Packers are risking a lot for some short term success.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to get emotional about signing Moss but I'll say this. We have a young team that played hard last year and won more game then maybe they should have. We had a lot young players that got extensive time playing the game and came together as a team. Why stick someone like Moss in there, who more than likely will be the story of the season, in a negative way?

I'm not so sure Favre is the one we should be listening to about Moss. Favre wants to break some records and go to the Superbowl. That probably won't happen in the short term. Moss will assuredly break this team up into different camps while he rationalizes his dropped passes, poor routes and lack of toughness.

I disagreed on the Woodson signing but I was wrong for this year. I may be wrong about Moss as well but with the state of the Packers, we should sign players that we know will be with the Packers for the longer term. I see no point in signing older players except for depth. Moss might give the Packers something for a couple of years but with his seemingly lack of desire, lack of pride in himself and lack attitude and desire, the Packers are risking a lot for some short term success.

Once a competent GM attains a solid talent base there is nothing wrong with bringing in veterans to put the team over the top.

Every Super Bowl team has been a good mix of youth and veteran status.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts