Moss in GB

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Randy Moss will bring to the Packers will be the same thing Javon Walker, Andre Rison, Antonio Freeman, and Robert Brooks brought in their time with the Pack.

Brooks becoming a starter Made Sterling Sharpe even more scary than he already was.

Freeman made Brooks more effective, Rison helped Free light it up and Walker made Driver a star.

If Moss comes to Green Bay, I expect to see Favre's TDs go up, as will Driver's stats, and even Greg Jennings will be a superior receiver.

Moss represents THAT kind of threat, especially deep... But, is he the ONLY one out there that can do this?

On the downside, we already know about his antics and unprofessionalism.

So, is Moss worth a look? I think so. Will he come to GB and light it up like he did for the Vikings? I doubt it but he will certainly bring up the stats of those he plays with.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Moss has topped double digit TD's 6 out of his 9 years.

Career
Receptions 676
Yards 10,700
Yards per catch 15.8
Touchdowns 101

Yearly averages
75 catchs
1,118 yards
11 td's

That's a helluva an average for a span of 9 years.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss has topped double digit TD's 6 out of his 9 years.

Career
Receptions 676
Yards 10,700
Yards per catch 15.8
Touchdowns 101

Yearly averages
75 catchs
1,118 yards
11 td's

That's a helluva an average for a span of 9 years.

Yes, Yes it is

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<<<U have no idea what ur talkin about how can u say Moss has nothing left???>>>

You should re-read my post. As I stated, " I think he has a lot left at the age of 30 but what are we going to see..."

It's not about his ability. It's his attitude and desire. If Moss played up to his ability, even with the injuries, would Minnesota and Oakland have entertained the idea of trading him? No.

I live in Minnesota and watch most of the queens' games. The guy changed and I think that it was Darren Sharper that caused it. In a Monday night game at the Dome, Sharper of all people, laid two hits on Moss that hurt him. Up until that point, I believe Moss thought he was indestructible. He was never the same player again. He grew short arms, became ineffective over the middle and starting dropping to the ground to avoid hits instead of fighting for more yardage. He became strictly a long pass and jump ball receiver. He's not a WCO receiver.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss will NEVER be a Packer, IMHO. TT has tried to show that CHARACTER is important in any player he signs.

Character is important??? Then please explain how an alcoholic criminal was signed while awaiting his second DUI trial. Moss has more character than K-Rob (not that is saying much), and K-Rob is still under contract even though he is currently suspended from the league for violation of the substance abuse policy, and has been convicted of his second DUI infraction.

Bottom line: Character amounts to absolutely squat in the TT era.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
Moss will NEVER be a Packer, IMHO. TT has tried to show that CHARACTER is important in any player he signs.

Character is important??? Then please explain how an alcoholic criminal was signed while awaiting his second DUI trial. Moss has more character than K-Rob (not that is saying much), and K-Rob is still under contract even though he is currently suspended from the league for violation of the substance abuse policy, and has been convicted of his second DUI infraction.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

I disagree to your last statement. Character or in this case BAD character has resulted in a Player(Koren Robinson) with good talent and potential not being able to fulfill them because of his penchant for bad decision making. which is a statement of his character.

Just as bad character of their superstar receiver Randy Moss, prompted the Vikings to let go of him to Oakland.

One of the GREATEST reasons why Favre is successful, and continues to be is that he has sound Character which continues to help Favre make the right choices for him, his family and the Green Bay Packers.

It makes no difference what profession you are in. The character issue is a VERY important one. If NOT on the playing field certainly with your team mates and outside of the stadium.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis; Comparing a guy with an addiction to booze to a guy who doesn't believe in giving his best and controlling his mouth is apples and oranges. And that doesn't even consider the huge difference in salaries. KRob certainly doesn't drink more than Favre/Winters used to and they moderated their habits for the good of their futures. KRob can do the same. But Moss will never(IMO) change his stripes no matter which team he goes to. He is what he is--a grenade waiting to explode. I would be stunned if TT pulls the trigger on him. Of course, I HAVE been wrong a time or two.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Does drinking make you a bad person? If so then the city of Green Bay should be locked up. Koren Robinson is spoke very highly of around the league by his teammates. He is a great teammate is what 9 out of 10 guys would probably say about him. He has a problem but that problem doesn't make him a "bad guy"

OP
OP
T

tank72

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My high school football coach once told me "losing doesn't build character, it shows it." after we lost out first game of the year in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Its true that Moss has been losing in his years in Oakland. What does his attitude and behavior show about his character then? However, my next point is that if a man still has the desire to win and wants to see his team succeed, then character shouldnt be put in the spotlight. It is possible to say that the majority of professional athletes have a character problem. I know this is a football forum, but look at Barry Bonds. His character is often questioned, but does he still want to be the best player he can be? I think so. In todays sports world with most players wanting more than the millions they are already making, I dont think that shows good charcter either.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My high school football coach once told me "losing doesn't build character, it shows it." after we lost out first game of the year in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Its true that Moss has been losing in his years in Oakland. What does his attitude and behavior show about his character then? However, my next point is that if a man still has the desire to win and wants to see his team succeed, then character shouldnt be put in the spotlight. It is possible to say that the majority of professional athletes have a character problem. I know this is a football forum, but look at Barry Bonds. His character is often questioned, but does he still want to be the best player he can be? I think so. In todays sports world with most players wanting more than the millions they are already making, I dont think that shows good charcter either.
Alot of truth in this!
Now adays, there seems to be more problems then there used to be. Of course just about all pro atheletes are instant millionaires.
Favre had his problems with drinking partying and vicoden. He chose to straighten out his life. Everyone goes through these choices, pros go through it under the microscope. Max McGee, the Packers WR in the 1960's, was severely hung over when he was unexpectedly called on to replace i believe it was Boyd Dowler when he was hurt during Super Bowl one. McGee admitedhe was out partying all night, cause he never thought he'd have to play. The guys back then were not choir boys either.
I think Moss still has talent, just needs the right setting to get it together. I don't think he had the leadership in Minnesota or Oakland.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

High school football shouldnt be compared to the NFL...

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tank72 said:
I don't think he had the leadership in Minnesota or Oakland.

Then what does it matter...Lets see what he does with good leadership....He was a product of a corrupted team...ALA party boat scandal!!!

I qoute Remember The Titans - "Additude reflects leadership captian!"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tank72 said:

High school football shouldnt be compared to the NFL...
Though it's true it's a different situation, high school to the NFL, i think they are comparable. Strong leadership can change a person's attitude, whether in the NFL or high school. If you are surrounded with people that have the right attitude, it CAN change someone that has a bad attitude. It doesn't ALWAYS work, as some people will remain idiots (Terrell Owens) no matter WHERE they are. But some CAN be swayed to straighten out. Before his one partial season in Green Bay, Andre Rison was listed as a jerk. Yet his stay here was very good. Can Moss be straightened out? Maybe. It remains to be seen.
I do believe that IF the Packers go after him, he would be sat down and talked to before they take the chance on him, to see IF he intends on doing his job and being willing to take orders. If he would not show the willingness, then i think TT and MM would take a pass on him.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports the Raiders have engaged in preliminary trade talks with "several teams" regarding Randy Moss.
The Packers are believed to have spoken with Oakland, though that's not confirmed. There was a rumor that Brett Favre wants Moss on his team; the two are considered mutual admirers and share an agent. The St. Petersburg Times believes he could be had for a third-rounder, but we suspect the Packers' second-round pick might bring Moss to Green Bay. Feb. 3 - 9:16 am et

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember being at the 1-AA championship game in '96 and Moss single handedly beat us (Montana). Both the guy sitting next to me and I said, "Man, if he were on our team!"
I think he still has it, and I don't see where he is near the distraction or arrogant SOB that TO is.
I think he'd look good mooning the Vikes.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I remember being at the 1-AA championship game in '96 and Moss single handedly beat us (Montana). Both the guy sitting next to me and I said, "Man, if he were on our team!"
I think he still has it, and I don't see where he is near the distraction or arrogant SOB that TO is.

I really don't think he'd be all that bad in GB. I mean Rison was okay, Glenn was okay and each had a bad rap when we picked them up. Koren seems to be doing better now too. Although, he may never play again.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MontanaBob said:

I really don't think he'd be all that bad in GB. I mean Rison was okay, Glenn was okay and each had a bad rap when we picked them up. Koren seems to be doing better now too. Although, he may never play again.

Rison respected Favre. Glenn respected Favre. Moss doesn't respect anyone.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
MontanaBob said:

mos does respect favre.

we discussed that topic in this thread. http://packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9837&finish=25&start=0

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I read that thread. That doesn't really resolve anything.

You guys won't know how much he does or doesn't till he gets here.
And when he does disrespect Favre, and cause problems..what then?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
MontanaBob said:

Yeah I read that thread. That doesn't really resolve anything.

You guys won't know how much he does or doesn't till he gets here.
And when he does disrespect Favre, and cause problems..what then?

It's been reported several times that Moss and Favre have mutual respect for one another. :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

I'll go with ya on this one, say Moss disrespects Favre. Do you NOT know Brett?
What happens when a WR runs the wrong route?
What happens when a WR doesnt curl when hes supposed to?
What happens when a WR runs a 15 out when its supposed to be a 13 slant? HE GETS IN THEIR FACE AN SETS THEM STRAIGHT!
If players don't listen to their leader, they get jetisoned. Ask Billy Schroeder about that.

That's how the Packers do things. They will not keep a player on the team who is causing a problem.

If you can get Moss without ruining your teams future, get him. He's worth the risk IF and only IF you do it the right way. I'm confident the Packers would do it the right way if they brought Moss aboard.

WestPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss is on the down side of his career plus he short arms, takes plays off and is not a team player. I am wondering how did he morph into the answer to all Green Bay's wide recievor needs. I just don't see it.