Moss in GB

tank72

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am well aware that this is already a much discussed topic, but lets just stop and think about the situation. Randy caused a ruckus over in Minnesota during his Viking years. Packer fans have even made Randy Moss Jokes. Example: What is the difference between Randy Moss and a dollar? Answer: you can get 4 quarters out of a dollar. You cant forget the infamous "mooning" incident at Lambeau a few years back. Ill agree to the fact that Moss has the potential to be a great NFL receiver because he has proved that. Moss could either save Green Bay, or be the target of fans, simply based upon his output.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am well aware that this is already a much discussed topic, but lets just stop and think about the situation. Randy caused a ruckus over in Minnesota during his Viking years. Packer fans have even made Randy Moss Jokes. Example: What is the difference between Randy Moss and a dollar? Answer: you can get 4 quarters out of a dollar. You cant forget the infamous "mooning" incident at Lambeau a few years back. Ill agree to the fact that Moss has the potential to be a great NFL receiver because he has proved that. Moss could either save Green Bay, or be the target of fans, simply based upon his output.

Yes we have been discussing this already....And yes most feel its worth it...Moss has changed in many peoples minds, he respects favre, the deal wouldnt be for more than 2 years anyway, and point blank to quote Girl Next Door "The juice would be worth the squeeze!!"......How much damage could he do in two years anyway? He's not as bad as TO, who destructed the eagles, and if u look at it, the eagles are already back on track to were they left off.....Its not that big of a deal, if he messes up give him the boot.....Its worth a try and the only shot we have of gettin to the big one while brett is here is with a big time move like this one....POINT BLANK!!!!!!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tank.

That is one hell of a first post. Welcome to this great forum/

You are right. we have beat ourself up over Randy and all of the points you make are valid.

Welcome to the forum.... I look forward to reading more from you.

Raider Pride.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Tank.

You are right. we have beat ourself up over Randy and all of the points you make are valid.

Raider Pride.

You just want Randy to stay a raider...Ur fooling no one!

Good first post though tank!!!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Tank.

You are right. we have beat our self up over Randy and all of the points you make are valid.

Raider Pride.

You just want Randy to stay a raider...Ur fooling no one!

Good first post though tank!!!

You are right. I would love it if Randy Moss would be the old Randy Moss as far as production. As a Raider fan I would love to see him being Randy.

However, I truly believe Brett would be able to get the most out of Moss. I can not think of a better tandem "That is a possibility right now." other than Jerry Porter. Jerry would be the bomb. Moss would be awesome in green and gold.

Think of this.... Packers give up their first round pick for Moss and Jerry Porter. Driver is there already. This gives Brett three targets with game breaking potential.

Name me a first round pick next year that would have the impact that Moss and Porter would have next year and I will cut off my left nut and mail it to you.

R.P.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9837

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if every topic, idea, or thought that came up here in the general flow of conversation in posts was thrown back to a thread from last week because of topic, there would be no people on this forum.

I think it is OK to re-hash something that has already been discussed, because it is the natural flow of a conversation which is what a forum should be.... A Natural Conversation, and conversations flow.

Imagine for a moment being with your family next year at your Thanksgiving dinner and acting like a Mod. Imagine your brother talking about the time he was in a tree stand and he fell out. Imagine cutting into his story at the table and pulling a Mod.

Imagine saying "Jimmy.... We have a family thread on that tree fall story already, so shut up. or go back to last December to talk about that.

I know there are threads that are duplicated and over done... I know there has to be some kind of order here.

However, let's not be **** about it.

A forum is discussion, and discussion must take it natural path which will always rehash a few topics and thoughts.

Sometimes here on Packer Forum I feel like am surrounded by wanna be cops. You know the badge carrying, non-gun toting people directing traffic outside a fine restaurant.

There are Mods here, I would love it if we all would not try to be one unless we are one.

There is nothing worse than a poster jumping into a good conversation and questioning if it is a topic that is in the right thread.

Jesus go with the flow and let the Mods be the Mods. The rest of us should just worry about making a point worth thinking about.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

R.P.

Raider Pride.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So disgusting I'm puking.

I can't believe no one has seen film in the last 2 years of the slow short armed Moss who will not go over the middle. His once alleged skills have degraded to less than nothing.

Don't make me puke again.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So disgusting I'm puking.

I can't believe no one has seen film in the last 2 years of the slow short armed Moss who will not go over the middle. His once alleged skills have degraded to less than nothing.

Don't make me puke again.

Cali.

I agree with you, and trust me no one has puked more tham me in the last two years. I have the game film in my head and I can not get rid of it.

However. All I am saying is that Brett could get the best out of him.

Brett has a way of doing that.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss will NEVER be a Packer, IMHO. TT has tried to show that CHARACTER is important in any player he signs. Moss is the antithisis of this mold. I feel for Raider Pride because he's having to live with this cancer. The Packers won't.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss will NEVER be a Packer, IMHO. TT has tried to show that CHARACTER is important in any player he signs. Moss is the antithisis of this mold. I feel for Raider Pride because he's having to live with this cancer. The Packers won't.

Packers will never win another superbowl eighther if they think the way u do....Sometimes you have to move past a players mistakes and be willing to accept what he can give you. He's too talented to not take the chance...Grampa I hope TT retires with u if he doesnt get some kind of threat this offseason!!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Imagine for a moment being with your family next year at your Thanksgiving dinner and acting like a Mod. Imagine your brother talking about the time he was in a tree stand and he fell out. Imagine cutting into his story at the table and pulling a Mod.

Imagine saying "Jimmy.... We have a family thread on that tree fall story already, so shut up. or go back to last December to talk about that.

I love this section of your post. For some reason it reminds me of all those people on the internet who seem to feel the need to tell people they've been "owned" or "pwn3d". I can picture someone at the dinner table with their family, eyeing the last piece of chicken. Noticing that Dad has shifted his body towards the prized fowl, and is about to reach for it, our hero will strike quickly, like a snake, snagging the chicken. The drumstick safely on his plate, he'll look over at Dad with fire in his eyes, and proclaim him "pwn3d".

My apologies to those who actually took time to read that.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I don't know what everyone sees in Moss. Yes, overall, he had about the best skills of any WR you've ever seen. Yes, he was a stud during his first three years, running over DB's like bowling pins. He's not the same guy anymore. After getting in trouble, being chopped down by the NFL's DB, he's become a team killer, a wussy at taking hits, doesn't fight for yardage even with the game on the line and has the shortest arms in football. It's seems the Moss lovers remember as he was during his first few years.

I think he has a lot left at the age of 30 but what are we going to see...a player that works hard and is part of the team or the "savior" of the Raiders. Moss is a one dimentional player. He used to excel on go routes and posts. Moss doesn't do well over the middle and on shorter routes. He hears footsteps and folds up like a clam when he's about to be hit. Long passes are not the forte of Brett Favre. Brett has always been strong on short to medium passes where timing and accuracy is critical. I just don't think that Moss would be much of an asset in the WCO.

The worst part about Moss is that he doesn't have a never say die attitude. You can put up with a lot but when the guy gives up and starts pouting, it reflects on the organization and creates division in the locker room.

If Thompson were to sign him, it would have to be with incentives based on his performance and that of the team. Moss is intriguing and maybe Favre and McCarthy can work with him but Brett and Mike are neither baby sitters nor priests.

I don't think we're going to need him anyway. Martin and Holiday have shown they're players that run good routes and can make tough catches. They both appear to have instincts, hands and the drive to excel in the limited opportunities they were given. They are both projects. Martin is a small school product and Holiday converted to WR during his senior year at Notre Dame. I don't think he caught a pass.

The Packers need a veteran, who has something left, knows the ropes and works hard...but not a Randy Moss.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I don't know what everyone sees in Moss. Yes, overall, he had about the best skills of any WR you've ever seen. Yes, he was a stud during his first three years, running over DB's like bowling pins. He's not the same guy anymore. After getting in trouble, being chopped down by the NFL's DB, he's become a team killer, a wussy at taking hits, doesn't fight for yardage even with the game on the line and has the shortest arms in football. It's seems the Moss lovers remember as he was during his first few years.

I think he has a lot left at the age of 30 but what are we going to see...a player that works hard and is part of the team or the "savior" of the Raiders. Moss is a one dimentional player. He used to excel on go routes and posts. Moss doesn't do well over the middle and on shorter routes. He hears footsteps and folds up like a clam when he's about to be hit. Long passes are not the forte of Brett Favre. Brett has always been strong on short to medium passes where timing and accuracy is critical. I just don't think that Moss would be much of an asset in the WCO.

The worst part about Moss is that he doesn't have a never say die attitude. You can put up with a lot but when the guy gives up and starts pouting, it reflects on the organization and creates division in the locker room.

If Thompson were to sign him, it would have to be with incentives based on his performance and that of the team. Moss is intriguing and maybe Favre and McCarthy can work with him but Brett and Mike are neither baby sitters nor priests.

I don't think we're going to need him anyway. Martin and Holiday have shown they're players that run good routes and can make tough catches. They both appear to have instincts, hands and the drive to excel in the limited opportunities they were given. They are both projects. Martin is a small school product and Holiday converted to WR during his senior year at Notre Dame. I don't think he caught a pass.

The Packers need a veteran, who has something left, knows the ropes and works hard...but not a Randy Moss.

Nice post. I think Holiday will make a very good possession receiver, and Ruvell has a knack for finding the ball. I thought both played well last year. I'm really looking forward to seeing if Jennings can regain his pre-injury form. Tight end is the most pressing need on offensive, then running back.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The environment makes the character. I think GB would be good for Moss in that it would not tolerate childish behavior on-off-or-near the field. I think Moss has the talent to continue to be the game breaking threat that he once was and I believe that working with Brett and Donald would bring that out in him. I also think Jennings Driver and Moss would push each other.

I do not believe that Ruvell or Holliday will ever be a Moss type.

All in all, I am still on the fence about this decision, I say if we get him, we get him with a performance laden contract, and the first clause would explain that any non-football negative media = minimum wage.

On the flip side of that, 10+ TDs and Probowl would equal a phukton of money.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but a 3rd round pick is a steal for Randy Moss. If TT makes this trade, I guarantee the Packers will win the division and be a serious Super Bowl contender. Moss would give us the deep threat that is a weakness of the cover 2 defense, whcih every team in the division play. Secondly, Drvier and Jennings would get one on one coverage and in the cover 2 defense the middle is open when the safeties are playing the deep fly routes. Also the running game will be better becuase defenses won't be able to put 8 in the box which will help green, and the rookie running back we draft, and it'll help our OL since they won't be able to blitz as much. If we get Moss our offense will be a top 5 unit in the NFL.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

U have no idea what ur talkin about how can u say Moss has nothing left??? If ur judging on what he has done recently then look at how horrible his team is......Who throws him the ball? Washed up brooks and the man without a plan kerry collins??? If u say he doesnt have it any more without evaluating the talent around him, then the same arguement could be made about Favre...By his number he looks old and washed up, however everyone here know's he has no weapons, other than driver and a young jennings.... But we all know his potential....Same thing with moss, He has no talent around him, and he still has the potential...I bet moss wishes he could throw the ball to himself too...

Why Moss's numbers arent that good:
Horrible QB's who were never any good even in their prime, total lack of running game, no other playmaker wr around him which allows for double coverage, and absolutly no line.......The QB couldnt get the ball off last year even if he threw it as soon as he touched it...I dont think there was a game last year when the QB threw for more than 25 attemps, I could be wrong but I doubt it....

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but a 3rd round pick is a steal for Randy Moss. If TT makes this trade, I guarantee the Packers will win the division and be a serious Super Bowl contender. Moss would give us the deep threat that is a weakness of the cover 2 defense, whcih every team in the division play. Secondly, Drvier and Jennings would get one on one coverage and in the cover 2 defense the middle is open when the safeties are playing the deep fly routes. Also the running game will be better becuase defenses won't be able to put 8 in the box which will help green, and the rookie running back we draft, and it'll help our OL since they won't be able to blitz as much. If we get Moss our offense will be a top 5 unit in the NFL.

A perfect post