Moss Fined 10,000 by NFL

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Foxes Jay Glazer, Randy (look at me)Moss was fined 10,000 for his faux moon at Lambeau field sunday.

Must be a thousand for each of randy's I.Q. points!! :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I see you frequent the PackersNews.com forum

There should be a fine for a packer who has the sack to nail punks that disrespect our field like that.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 k to that child is like 10 cents to us think he cares about a paltry 10k? would have been better to have a D man put him into the stands with a major hit lol

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Randy Moss said:
Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand, to me?

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Randy Moss trudged out to his truck in the subzero cold, with a huge, black hooded sweat shirt covering almost his entire face. All that was showing was a carefree smile.

In his usual flippant manner, Moss showed no remorse for his latest misdeed.

Minnesota's controversial wide receiver was fined $10,000 Thursday by the NFL for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during a playoff win last weekend.

"Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand, to me?" said Moss, whose salary this season is $5.75 million. He then jokingly suggested he might perform a more vulgar celebration next time.

KARE-TV of Minneapolis recorded the exchange between Moss and reporters outside the Vikings' practice facility.

Reporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"

Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."

Reporter: "If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?"

Moss: "Straight cash, *****."

Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"

Moss: "No, cause it ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't [expletive]

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL are a bunch of hypocrites!!! Like I stated in other threads that his act was tasteless, should he be fined maybe. But what about that hit on Drew Brees by Barton (I think that was his name). He got fined 7,500 for trying bash Brees's skull in. Moss pretend to moon and he gets fined 10,000. So they are saying it is much worse to do some harmless, classless act then to physically try to intentionally harm someone, good message. And you guys are hanging onto this like a pit bull. If favre had done this you would have brushed it aside by now. And I know you guys are going to say favre would never do that. I am using a hypothetical, if he did You find some way to justify it and maybe be a little disappointed in him but you would defend him. So I feel it is time to move on he didn't hurt anyone for god sake he did a classless act that some of your fans them selves have done for years. And that sure has put a black eye on your *********** reputation.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is that he has done so much crap over the years,that is why he got a fine of 10,000 dollars.If it was the first time he did something off the wall,it would not have been blown up so big. But like he said,$10k is nothin' to him.

OP
OP
G

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Vikes are so in love with Baby Moss maybe they should put out Red Bell ringing kettles all around the humpdey dumpdey dome to pay his fine. I'm sure they could raise enough money to pay his fine and maybe have enough left to get him a LIFE.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good one gotarace. You had better take better notes in sarcasm class. Moss being fined doesn't bother me, but a vicious hit to the head should have a more severe penalty in my book than some foolish gesture. The NFL big wigs are just hypocrites, they fine him but you know they love it because it is more interesting. Which means more viewers, which means more money. They love Moss secretly just like they love all the controversial guys, those are the guys that bring in that little extra.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton10 said:
Good one gotarace. You had better take better notes in sarcasm class. Moss being fined doesn't bother me, but a vicious hit to the head should have a more severe penalty in my book than some foolish gesture. The NFL big wigs are just hypocrites, they fine him but you know they love it because it is more interesting. Which means more viewers, which means more money. They love Moss secretly just like they love all the controversial guys, those are the guys that bring in that little extra.

did you read the article tark?

the normal fine would have been $5000. he got $10,000 because he has a history of dereliction...and guess what, he's gonna do something outrageous again. no i'm not a psychic, it's just a pattern of childish behavior.

just to let you know, this incident really didn't bother me. i've always advocated pacifiers for many mouths in the media. they often don't know when to stop talking up an issue. but you heard what moss said, the fine didn't bother him one bit. don't let it bother you buddy.

because $10,000 aint $#!&.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of these fines $7500 and $10000 are chump change for these guys. This is like getting a $5 speeding ticket, would that slow any of us down? I don't think so.
If they are going to fine these players they have to make the fine a deterrent.

Later
Leopardmech

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
Both of these fines $7500 and $10000 are chump change for these guys. This is like getting a $5 speeding ticket, would that slow any of us down? I don't think so.

Later
Leopardmech

Yes, because I still would lose 3-6 points off my DL.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
leopardmech said:

Later
Leopardmech

There was an article in the Appleton (WI) Post-Crescent (Gannett) that took Moss' salary in comparison to the national average income, approx. $36,000, and this $10,000 fine was roughly equivalent to you and I getting a $61 speeding ticket.

The gentleman who makes reference to the fine for the hit to the head makes a good point. That fine SHOULD have been considerably higher ... still, until these guys are forced to sit out games and are essentially fined "game checks", nothing is going to change. You start talking fines equal to 1/16 of their gross, and you'll get their attention -- then, you're endangering their ability to buy another Escapade or more "bling".

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my "what were we talking about one year ago?" mode...this is actually from TWO years ago on January 15, 2005.

And...we want Moss here?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my "what were we talking about one year ago?" mode...this is actually from TWO years ago on January 15, 2005.

And...we want Moss here?

Haha I was wondering when this stuff would get bumped :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

And...we want Moss here?

As I said two years ago and since. I'm not nearly as upset for the incident as I am at the fact that the Packers defense did NOTHING to stop it. No slam, no nothing. It'd have been worth the 15 yard penalty to say 'that **** dont fly in our house'.

If you let a bully bully you, you deserved to be bullied.

Throw in the fact that the Packers fans moon the away team bus, who cares about a fake moon?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A man can change a lot in two years, Let him prove it on the field !!

Agreed, buddy.

The mooning doesn't bother me one bit. When I go to see the Packers next year, I'm mooning the away bus, and I'll probably be one of dozens of fellow Packer fans doing it.

It's a joke. Moss just did the joke back to us. People who have a problem with that can dish it but they can't take it.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Moss trade happens...don't say you weren't warned.

I hope Bellin is still running their mental health facility....not for Moss who has a bullet-proof ego....but the fans who will watch their team blow up.

Members online

Latest posts