Moss Deal Done?

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pro Football Talk reporting the deal is done.

There's talk in league circles that the Raiders have a deal in place to trade Randy Moss.

However, we don't know yet where he's headed. Or what the Raiders will get in return.

The most likely destination is Green Bay, since Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason. We've heard on multiple occasions that quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has mentioned repeatedly that Favre is pushing for the trade.

We heard earlier today that the Raiders were shopping Moss for a second-round pick, and we heard on Thursday that the Packers had offered a fourth-round pick.

Our guess? Moss to Green Bay for a third-rounder.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, add it to the list. So far today we've seen that the Turner deal is done, the Johnson deal is done and now the Moss deal is done.

Only 19 more starting positions to go (not including the special teams).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, add it to the list. So far today we've seen that the Turner deal is done, the Johnson deal is done and now the Moss deal is done.

Only 19 more starting positions to go (not including the special teams).
LOL! How true...........by this time tomorrow, we will have 53 new guys on the team!

Reaction score
I don't see TT pulling this trade off without some reworked contract extension. So far, we haven't heard any rumour that Moss has reworked his contract, or that he has been negotiating with the Packers.

Unless that happens, I'll take any rumour strictly as that, a rumour and nothing more. It looks doubtful, from my perspective, that the Raiders have struck a deal for Moss.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's what i thought. so that should effectively debunk the notion that since we haven't heard of randy restructuring that any rumors are false.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
that's what i thought. so that should effectively debunk the notion that since we haven't heard of randy restructuring that any rumors are false.

Also what debunks that theory would be that the Raiders gave permission for other teams to talk to Randy's agent about restructuring the contract. *** i believe they have, almost positive ***

Reaction score
Ah thanks for the clear-up guys.

I do think Randy's restucturing will be tougher, because I don't see him getting paid more than 6 million (which is Driver's salary I think, or maybe a little less than his salary).

Reaction score
Well I do think Driver would be pissed Packnic.

PackOne, I agree Driver has class, but he's done everything right in his stay. He is the leader, has never ONCE complained, and more importantly he always gives it his all on the field.

If you had a guy that 'plays when he wants to', hasn't had the greatest production consistently, and has had off-field issues getting more money than you, I'm sure you would at least feel some what dissatisfied.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think ted would be willing to pay moss more than driver. he payed woodson WAY more than al harris, and i think those two scenarios are comparable.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any renegotion with Moss has to include a lot of outs. This would include performance clauses.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
did javon walker rework his deal before he was traded to the donkeys?
The only reason to rework a deal prior to a trade would be to reduce the cap hit. Since JW was making next to nothing, there was no reason to get a deal done beforehand. With someone like Moss, though, you would want to restructure so that you don't have to try and fit a $9 mil salary in your payroll. And, IIRC, the Raiders gave Moss' agent permission to work out a deal a few months ago.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to NFL.com

Trade talks involving Randy Moss have picked up so much steam that it now is likely that the Pro Bowl wide receiver willl be traded before or during the NFL draft. Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin has been spearheading the talks and the belief around the league now is that is only a matter of time.

First, Raiders owner Al Davis must sign off on the near deal, and then the team trading for Moss must attempt to restructure his contract. Moss has two years and $20 million remaining on his contract.

Earlier this week, the Green Bay Packers held a meeting to debate the merits of trading for Moss. There were pros and cons, and any team willing to deal for Moss will face similar questions. But it now looks like a trade could come as early as Friday night and before Saturday's draft wraps up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Okay, Driver knows Moss would get a bigger salary and has earned it. Driver knows hes not better than Moss nor deserves a fatter paycheck. You have to know where you are on the totum pole folks.

Driver is making a healthy chunk of coin and knows he'd be one of the main benefactors to Moss joining the Packers.

From everything I've seen from Driver, I feel he's a team first type of player and would welcome a greater talent getting a greater salary on his team.

I see no problems once so ever from Driver.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Moss is the greater talent, on the whole. Driver does things that Moss never does...fight for yardage and play every down to mention a couple. I doubt that Thompson is going to pay too much to Moss. More than likely, Moss will be distraction to the team, especially if he's the same old Moss. The problem is that it's a problem you don't want to have, no matter how much Moss makes.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Moss is the greater talent, on the whole. Driver does things that Moss never does...fight for yardage and play every down to mention a couple. I doubt that Thompson is going to pay too much to Moss. More than likely, Moss will be distraction to the team, especially if he's the same old Moss. The problem is that it's a problem you don't want to have, no matter how much Moss makes.

Check out Moss' stats while with Vikings when he had a atleast capable QB throwing the ball to him.

Members online

Latest posts