Moss could make fans forgive, forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Actually TT would have preferred that Favre "retired"....

Why else do you think he's been giving him the cold shoulder over FA for the last 2 years....?

If you don't believe me..read this post by net....

I read that post by net when he posted it..And I replied to it..

I also know someone who has "inside" info at that famous address..and according to him some of those things he has never heard of happening.

Not saying net is wrong, nor the guy I know is wrong..Just odd that 2 different people with inside info say completly different things.

You are on one side and I am on the other, neither of us is going to change the others mind..

So I am dropping this.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What do you think of this quote...??

This pretty much says (and proves) it all to me....

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson made it clear he made no promises to Favre about bolstering the offense. Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are adamant that no player — even Favre — will dictate how they rebuild the team.

Thompson would rather stockpile draft picks than give them away, which makes a trade less likely.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
P@ck66 said:
1)A. Green. The smartest thing to do is franchise him. Ted will let him float in free agency to 'set his price'. If Green isn't signed by free agent day, he might be gone. Green as a franchisee gets paid, Ted gets him one year to see if he earns it.

2)Jenkins. Keep an eye on the tender Ted puts on this guy. He's proven his worth to two coaching staffs. Ted might try the low-ball crap again and it might backfire. There's lots of teams who could use him.

3)Extending McCarthy. He's only signed for three years, which puts him in the Sherman "last year of a contract" status in 2008. The smart thing is to offer him two years this year, but the tightwad might just hold out again.

Lots more...but later.

Franchise Green?! You know how much money we'll have to pay him? We barely payed him above league minimum this year...there's no way he's worth top dollar even for one year.

$6.9 Million is the franchise tender

I think it's too much for an aging RB. I still like Green though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
What do you think of this quote...??

This pretty much says (and proves) it all to me....

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson made it clear he made no promises to Favre about bolstering the offense. Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are adamant that no player — even Favre — will dictate how they rebuild the team.

Thompson would rather stockpile draft picks than give them away, which makes a trade less likely.

You CANT make promises that have so many variables in them to ANYONE..

BTW...This tells me that Ted wants him back

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=113567

"Coach Mike McCarthy, speaking at his end-of-the-year news conference, and general manager Ted Thompson, during an interview later Wednesday afternoon, both said they told Favre in no uncertain terms that the club wants him back next season."

~~~

Like I said I am dropping this..

Back on topic..

I would forgive Randy the 1st time he scores a td..LOL

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I also know someone who has "inside" info at that famous address..and according to him some of those things he has never heard of happening.

Not saying net is wrong, nor the guy I know is wrong..Just odd that 2 different people with inside info say completly different things.

So basically the workings inside of said famous address are completely out of wack an the left foot doesnt know what the right foot is doing. It's has to be directly linked to Ted!! mwuahhahahah ;)

Bring Moss, his numbers don't lie!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I say that there's often a difference between what people say in public and the way they act in private....

Let's see if TT's actions say that he wants Brett Favre back this year by trying to make a trade for Moss...or bringing in some other REAL offensive weapons....instead of trying to shop for nobodies off the rack....

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
And I say that there's often a difference between what people say in public and the way they act in private....

Let's see if TT's actions say that he wants Brett Favre back this year by trying to make a trade for Moss...or bringing in some other REAL offensive weapons....instead of trying to shop for nobodies off the rack....

NOW that is the truth and yall know it.....If TT wants Favre back he will get him some offensive weapons to work with! even if not moss!!!

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point proven on draft picks and panning out......Look at Mackies post on Sherman........how can anyone be for stocking up on picks....Look at the results....There are no results!!!!!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I want to apologize for creating this thread. If I had known the level of ignorance that would blow through the roof, I would have kept the post to myself. Although, the differing opinions are extremely entertaining, its gone overboard with people thinking they know 'this' and 'that'.

With that said. Thanks for those posts, it was interesting, the first 4,000 times I read them.

Finally, I'd like to see Moss as a Packer with a restructured contract with a clause to dump his *** if he becomes a cancer.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to apologize for creating this thread. If I had known the level of ignorance that would blow through the roof, I would have kept the post to myself. Although, the differing opinions are extremely entertaining, its gone overboard with people thinking they know 'this' and 'that'.

With that said. Thanks for those posts, it was interesting, the first 4,000 times I read them.

Finally, I'd like to see Moss as a Packer with a restructured contract with a clause to dump his *** if he becomes a cancer.

I apologize to myself for reading this dumb muck.....AS I begin to wonder where his comments are directed LOL :rotflmao:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT is really in the market to upgrade the offense do you think he would really say anything. That would be like waving a red flag saying we're desperate; and willing to overpay on a trade to upgrade our offense - come stick it to us.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't agree with that...

Every FA knows that most teams are looking to upgrade their offense and defense every year...or else why would they be interviewing them?

Also, why would TT say that having BF back in GB helps with FA....?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If TT is really in the market to upgrade the offense do you think he would really say anything. That would be like waving a red flag saying we're desperate; and willing to overpay on a trade to upgrade our offense - come stick it to us.

Exactly. Excellent point.

If Ted said "Brett told me he really wants Moss on the team"

You damn well know Al Davis will be chomping at the bit and raise the price for Moss.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

NOW that is the truth and yall know it.....If TT wants Favre back he will get him some offensive weapons to work with! even if not moss!!!

You are both right in my opinion, it's been well noted by many people throughout the NFL that Brett was not givin enough weapons to work with last year. There may be some legitimate exuses for that as the WR free agents were slim etc but there will be no exuses this year. Even the most hard core TT fans have to see that we are lacking in the positions of WR and Tight End and TT has to be able to see it as well.

Now there are options, so there are no exuses, time to walk the walk Ted !!!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Donte Stallworth, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Stallworth hits the market, voiding the final year off of his contract by reaching minimum playing time benchmarks. The receiver missed four games this season, but was still able to post 725 yards and five touchdowns, including three games in which he surpassed the 100-yard mark. When healthy, he was one of the league’s best during 2006, whether it was Donovan McNabb or Jeff Garcia throwing him the ball. The former Saints player has never had a 1,000 yard season, but he will certainly be looked at as a number one receiver and may command money that reflects. Teams like New England and Buffalo—among others—would benefit greatly from a receiver of Stallworth’s caliber. It is unclear to what extent the Eagles will pursue an extension.

Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Bennett might not be considered a special wide receiver in NFL circles, but the UCLA product has great size and good hands as a second receiving option. An uncanny connection with quarterback Billy Volek in 2004 helped Bennett to 1,247 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns. With Vince Young being named the starter, production was up and down for Bennett, but he managed to reach triple-digit receiving yards in three different games, and totaled 737 yards with three scores. The Titans are closer to competing than previously though, it appears, but Bennett may look for work in a system focused more on the pass and with a chance to seriously compete sooner. Several teams could use Bennett to compliment a smaller and faster receiver, and if used properly, Bennett can put up strong numbers once again.

Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
It is likely that Curtis hangs around St. Louis. He’s being used regularly in the offense and Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt are only getting older. He caught fewer passes this season, but the team used him to return kicks at times to get him more touches. If Curtis leaves the Rams, it will be because he doesn’t feel utilized enough and another team wants his services with a nice pay check offer. The Rams may just work an extension and save the trouble of Curtis looking around in the off season, but if Curtis does hit the market, he’ll make a solid second wide receiver for a team willing to use his speed in the right way.

Patrick Crayton, RFA, Dallas Cowboys
Crayton benefits from the talent around him, but he’s also a solid option in the passing game. Terry Glenn missed the Cowboys week ten game this season, so Crayton filled in and caught five passes for 104 yards and a score. He posted more than 60 receiving yards in five games this season as the third-string wide-out. He totaled 516 yards and four touchdowns in the passing offense. His RFA status will make his move out of Dallas more unlikely, but with his potential, there will definitely be teams looking to bump him into the number two receiving slot.

Bobby Wade UFA Tennessee Titans
2006 was a breakout year for Bobby Wade, and the arrival of rookie quarterback Vince Young played a major role in that breakout. While Wade’s 461 receiving yards are not overly impressive, his offensive unit was not all that effective in the passing game, leaving his numbers on the low side. And, he also contributed nearly 1,200 kick return yards with a solid average of 23.9 yards per return. His ability to return kicks and be a solid second receiving option means that there should be a good deal of interest in Wade on the market. The talent is there and teams know it.

TE Eric Johnson, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
The tight end free agent options are appealing. Johnson tops the list because it is almost absolute that he will be on his way out of San Francisco. The 49ers drafted Vernon Davis early in the first round, and Johnson won’t see the field next season—when Davis is healthy and more adjusted to the NFL. Davis’ freakish athletic ability will make that a quick process, so Johnson is going to be looking for a new place to play on Sundays. In 2005, Johnson caught 82 passes for 825 yards and a pair of touchdowns and he added 292 yards two scores in 2006, so a team looking for a pass catching tight end will take a chance on Johnson in the hopes that he can repeat that production—particularly his 2005 numbers.

Other Free Agent Wide Receivers
Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT never promised he would bolster the defense, but he did (woodson,re-signed kamp,hawk).

This is his job, and no 1 person will change it. He is absoloutely right.

His job is to make the team better, no matter who is on the team.

Pack66, you really are (EDITED). Franchising Green....:head explodes due to Pack66's stupidity: Glad you're back though, you really contribute a lot.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero,
I don't see much on that list and would take Moss any day. Stallworth is too oft injured and the "availability" thing would probably send TT more in Moss's direction if he's picking from those two.

I don't see the big deal with Moss. He *****es when the team he plays for is playing like crap. Oh well. Move over there's always room for one more whiner around here when we're losing.

I said this before but watch what happens with our chances via the media if we signed Moss. We are on the verge of playoff strong now but would be a virtual playoff lock in the media's eyes if he were on the roster.

I'm not sure how many other guys out there could enhance our chances like that. Not just perception wise but really give us that much better chance to win.

If you want a playmaker you might just have to live with the fact he may be a little quirky or full of himself. The Donald Drivers of the NFL are few and far between.

The question is do you want an average guy that gives you a lot of effort and will help the team or do you want a difference maker that will sure enough help win games?

If it's that second guy you want more than likely you will here from him from time to time. Kind of goes with the territory.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this all happens Moss will be soundly booed then cheered after his first touchdown pass from Brett.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this all happens Moss will be soundly booed then cheered after his first touchdown pass from Brett.

This is the best post on this thread because it actually has something to do with Randy Moss.

I agree with you. Randy Moss would be forgiven as soon as he catches a pass from Favre and runs it in for a TD. That's just how fans are.

I have a sporting blog and I talked about this before and here are my thoughts..

Randy Moss a Green Bay Packer?

A lot of rumors around the net and now even on radio stations in Minnesota and Wisconsin are saying that Randy Moss could be dealt to the Green Bay Packers for a 3rd round pick and a player. Speculation is the player would be receiver Robert Ferguson but I think it’s more likely to be a younger prospect like LB Abdul Hodge.

Whether this is true or not is speculation but what I do know is Moss as a Packer wouldn’t be as bad as some Packer fans think. Yes Randy Moss was the Packer killer. He single handily ended the Packers 25 home win streak back in 1998. 3 touchdowns in that game as a rookie has given a lot of Packer fans nightmares. However Moss is the deep threat this team has been missing. Even with 2 down seasons in a row, Moss is still probably the best deep threat in the game today. He’s certainly one of the best deep threats.

Moss thrives when he has a QB that has a big arm. I’ve always thought the perfect WR-QB combination would be Brett Favre and Randy Moss. Favre is a risk taker and will always throw that deep ball when all else fails. Moss usually always goes up and gets that deep ball.

With Koren Robinson coming back in September and a possible addition of a young RB via the Draft the Packers offense could be very deadly. However this is nothing but a pure rumor now and is as much false as it is true.

If Packers General Manager Ted Thompson can get a deal done this could be the pickup that Brett Favre has hoped for. The question is though when Favre retires can Moss be controlled? I never thought of him as much as a cancer as people make him out to be. I always said if Randy Moss is cancer then Terrell Owens is the plague. I think he can be a good fit with Aaron Rodgers in the future. If you’re a Packer fan can you forgive Moss for fake mooning us after scoring a touchdown in the 2004 wild card playoffs at Lambeau Field? Not to mention Joe Buck making way to big of a deal out of it. If so you should have no problem with Randy Moss in Green Bay. If not then once he scores his 1st touchdown I’m sure you’ll forgive him then especially if the throw is from #4.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT never promised he would bolster the defense, but he did (woodson,re-signed kamp,hawk).

Pack66, you really are (EDITED). Franchising Green....:head explodes due to Pack66's stupidity: Glad you're back though, you really contribute a lot.

I didn't recommend that Green be franchised...NET DID..

(Sometimes I really wonder about your intelligence level and the state of our public school systems....You really are a (EDITED)...)

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

I didn't recommend that Green be franchised...NET DID..

(Sometimes I really wonder about your intelligence level and the state of our public school systems....You really are a (EDITED)...)

66, I've never wondered about Tro's intelligence. Anyone that can alienate so many intelligent people must be pretty smart himself, wouldn't you say?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero,
I don't see much on that list and would take Moss any day. Stallworth is too oft injured and the "availability" thing would probably send TT more in Moss's direction if he's picking from those two.

I don't see the big deal with Moss. He *****es when the team he plays for is playing like crap. Oh well. Move over there's always room for one more whiner around here when we're losing.

I said this before but watch what happens with our chances via the media if we signed Moss. We are on the verge of playoff strong now but would be a virtual playoff lock in the media's eyes if he were on the roster.

I'm not sure how many other guys out there could enhance our chances like that. Not just perception wise but really give us that much better chance to win.

If you want a playmaker you might just have to live with the fact he may be a little quirky or full of himself. The Donald Drivers of the NFL are few and far between.

The question is do you want an average guy that gives you a lot of effort and will help the team or do you want a difference maker that will sure enough help win games?

If it's that second guy you want more than likely you will here from him from time to time. Kind of goes with the territory.

I wasn't tryin to say there was a LOT to select from, heck there's only about a handful that I'd like to see the Packers go after an pick up. I was just posting a little list of those who are avaiable since someone said there is a plethora of WR out there and if Ted doesn't pick some up he's essentially tyring to force Brett in to retirement or something crazy like that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
vegOmatic said:

This is the best post on this thread because it actually has something to do with Randy Moss.

I agree with you. Randy Moss would be forgiven as soon as he catches a pass from Favre and runs it in for a TD. That's just how fans are.

I said same exact thing up there ^^^^

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Bovine Scatology!!

Have any of you people persistant in this evil rumor seen that player while in Oakland??

Jennings is a better receiver.
Ferguson is more reliable.
Jon Ryan is tougher.
Koren Robinson is smarter.

The guy is a has been if he ever was!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
Yea...guys...I think TT is right when he states he won't sign just anyone for Brett. No player is bigger than the team. Not even Brett. Cmon, he's doing what's best for the GB Packers as a whole and for the future.

Spoken like someone who has some intelligence. Good post!

I think Moss helps us NOW and COULD help us in the future. I am not a huge fan of how non chalant Ted appears to play Free Agency, but I'm glad I can trust our GM not to bury the Packers by making a bonehead trade or pickup that will hurt the team for years. (See Hershel Walker, Ricky Williams, etc)
This kind of crap just burns me! (I mean starting this hate fest for TT for stating what he did) The 2 posts I quoted here showed some REAL THOUGHT! Ted Thompson is the GM OF THE PACKERS! His statement, for all to see, is that he will NOT be held hostage by ANY player on the team. He should be RESPECTED for that! NOT villified! He's supposed to be the leader! HE makes the decisions, and will live or die because of them.
What he is saying is NOT that he won't address those needs on the team, just that he WON'T just cave in to what everyone on the outside thinks he should do.
I don't think Favre would do it, but future players might see it as a weakness and start making demands if TT just caves to the whims of players.
I think Thompson will do whats best for the team AND Favre. We do NOT know what has been said between Favre and TT and MM behind closed doors. But i DON'T believe Favre would be coming back if he didn't feel as i do, that TT will take care of business.
Had Favre retired, the TT haters would be saying "SEE???SEE??? Favre left cause TT told him he's not going to make the team better!"
Now that Favre is coming back, that angle has been shot down. So i guess they HAVE to try to grab onto SOMETHING to keep their TT hating alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts