Moss a Packer?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's believed he is telling the public about his desire to have been traded from Vikings to Falcons or Ravens which eludes to the Raiders being the third choice and that he may not be happy to be there.

This is all hypothetical. I have no sources stating with solid proof he's going to be let go or traded.

BUT...

Do the Packers make an effort for Randy Moss?

Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
It's believed he is telling the public about his desire to have been traded from Vikings to Falcons or Ravens which eludes to the Raiders being the third choice and that he may not be happy to be there.

This is all hypothetical. I have no sources stating with solid proof he's going to be let go or traded.

BUT...

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. It depends, if Moss is let out of his contract (extremely unlikely to happen this year), then I'd think the Packers WOULD make a serious run at him.

Next year, they might also if Brett retires and they ened to get A-Rod all the help they possibly can.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Even though I think he's a ****, I'd give him an incentive laden contract based on performance on the field and behavior off it.

He wouldn't need his contract redone. We would be able to absurd the cap hit. I think.

Reaction score
I think we are down to about 7-8 million in cap space. Not sure of Moss's figures, but I imagine they'd be in the neighbourhood of 10 milllion, but taking away the bonus money might lower the figures a ton.

Also, if we were to persue Moss, hypothetically, who would we give up in return? The Raiders would want an arm and a leg in return.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think we are down to about 7-8 million in cap space. Not sure of Moss's figures, but I imagine they'd be in the neighbourhood of 10 milllion, but taking away the bonus money might lower the figures a ton.

Also, if we were to persue Moss, hypothetically, who would we give up in return? The Raiders would want an arm and a leg in return.
Moss is signed through 2008, with salaries of $8.25 million, $9.75 million, and $11.25 million over the next three years.

We could give them Ferguson and Gardner and 5th rd pick for the following year.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is a really bad idea
randy moss has been concidered cancerous and that is the last thing we need with a unproven QB coming into the line up in the upcoming years talent is not any issue because randy is one of the most talented but can randy moss play in cold weather, injuries come much more often in cold weather

Reaction score
shanks2122 said:
this is a really bad idea
randy moss has been concidered cancerous and that is the last thing we need with a unproven QB coming into the line up in the upcoming years talent is not any issue because randy is one of the most talented but can randy moss play in cold weather, injuries come much more often in cold weather

Very valid point.

But Moss would instantly bolster our WR crops, Moss/Driver combo would be right there tops in the league. He has playmaking ability, and I'm sure he would behave to some degree, having Favre as a team mate.

That said, you are correct that he is a cancer. Then perhaps a one year deal with an option for another year or two maybe?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT! Moss hasn't been an elite receiver in 2 years. He would definitely boost our recieving corps but then again, just about anyone would.

We don't need a Moss and a Woodson on the same team. The Raiders tried that and it didn't work out all to well.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now, i'm guessing most who thought TO was a great idea will also find mossy boy intriguing as well. my 2 cents - NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
now, i'm guessing most who thought TO was a great idea will also find mossy boy intriguing as well. my 2 cents - NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!!!!!
With the right contract I'd be okay with it. People frowned hardcore when we brought Terry Glenn and Andre Rison aboard and they both turned out okay for the Packers. Rison was short lived and Glenn was fragile, but on the field an off the field they did good.

pyledriver80 said:
We don't need a Moss and a Woodson on the same team. The Raiders tried that and it didn't work out all to well.

lol What happened? Moss got injured, Woodson got injured and that was because they were on the same team?

Woodson was being a turd with the Raiders because he didn't like the coaching staff. I'm not sure what he's done off the field that makes him so terrible.

Moss was basically a model citizen with the Raiders last year. I don't recall hearing much guff about him.

Sorry, I think your 'the raiders tried that' regarding moss with woodson holds no ground.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

BUT...

No, I prefer keeping half way decent guys on my team. No way I would ever take Moss.. Never in a million years.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way something like this could possibly happen would be for us to get a GM who believes in improving the offense. Doesn't appear that's going to happen as long as TT is here.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO would have been 100 times better than Moss. Moss takes many plays off during a game. I remember watching a GB v Minn game and the cameras were following Moss and he was loafing during a number of pass plays. Wouldn't that drive you crazy? I always thought that TO would have been a good fit this year in GB. Big boost to Favre mental state.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I say we dangle Woodson in front of their noses. They're sure to jump at that deal! And, on the subject of whether or not we pursue him, i was surprised to find out that after he was traded, i hated WAY less than when he played for Minny... funny how that works. Anyway, he would improve our receiving corps, but i think his best years are definitely behind him.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a huge Brett Favre fan, and I feel adding Moss to the lineup would ba an excellent idea. About time we outright went out and got #4 a huge target to throw to. I remember watching a packer game and Moss saying, "This is Brett Favre, I got to watch Brett Favre play". It was during A Vikes/Packer game. So I think Randy would know what coming to GB would be like.

I'd gladly trade off Davenport, KGB, Green, Al Harris for Randy Moss.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett did say having Javon was a luxury because all he had to do was throw it up and Javon would bring it down. He also said it was the first time he had that luxury in his career.

If we gave him that luxury once more you can bet he'd be more inclined on playing another year.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Long as he would behave it would work I think.. Interesting idea that could either work out well, or obviously not so well..lol

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rmayer32 said:
Long as he would behave it would work I think..

but thats like saying Najeh would be cool if he didnt poop in peoples bags\closets.

they do what they do (or doo-doo).

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody knows Moss is talented, it's his personality (disorder) that's the problem. Hey, I hope the guy continues to mature and get his act together, prospers dandily with his ice cream shop diversion, but there's no way on God's green earth the Packers should even remotely consider bringing him over. The bottom line is he's devisive, just like "everybody's fault but mine" Owens. Making a play for either of those 2 guys or anybody like 'em would be antithetical to everything Thompson and McCarthy have been saying about how they wanna run the team. C'mon, the man mock-rubbed his **** on our goldpost.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My vote is for TT to get him if he can get him.

Frankly, i'm getting tired of people here wanting to pin the current Packer's misfortunes (and last year's, as well) on o'l #4.

I'd like to see the Packers finally sign a TRUE, offensive WEAPON at WR so Favre can tell everyone on this forum and elsewhere who wants to say he's old, he's lost it, he's not dedicated this year, he's just looking to pick up a quick $10 million and a few passing records...etc, to SHUT THE **** UP, by throwing numerous TD passes, and leading the Pack to a winning season this year!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that i think their is any chance in hell we would ever get him, but comparing Moos to TO is just ridiculous. Moss might be a whiner and kind of a bˆtch, but he certainly does not cause the problems that TO does. and look at last year, he hardly made any waves whatsoever.

Latest posts