Moss a Packer?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom allen what the heck are you talkin about... nowhere . not one single time did porky say brett favre was completly to blame... youve posted 32 times as of today and at least 30 of them were outrageous.

Brett Favre isnt completly to blame, its a team game and porky nor i nor anyone is saying its bretts fault, completly. However your making brett out to be some egomaniac who wont be coached... this couldnt be further from the truth. He NEEDS to be coached and he will take whatever coaching is given to him. and dont even accuse me of being a brett hater... my friends think me and him are dating for god sakes. i just know the team was bad and brett wasnt much better. all im saying is... if you look at the stat sheet, those INTs are beside 4. brett favre ...not the o-line, not the recievers, not the defense .... the ball left his hand last and he threw the interception. Hes still a great qb and id even say top 5 but he needs to control himself a little and COACHING will help to provide that.

as far as moss is concerned... would I want him here, personally no, i hate the vikings and he epitomizes everything they are. would i take him if they signed him... in a nanosecond, the guy is an unbelievable football player and would help this team immensly, and not to mention he has been very quiet the last couple years. maybe hes finally grown up, or maybe it was the vikings and that crappy doma air that made him act like that.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
All I'm saying is that if TT would have signed SOMEONE with high level skills at WR, this year Favre would smoke the league and you would have to eat your words.

That's all i'm saying.

THats what porky is sayin.... 8 years ago brett would have made our WR corps look like High level skills WRs but now adays hes gonna need a little more help. 10 years ago he wouldnt need TT to bring someone in... he would have done it on his own.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Moss as a Packer it makes us much better at reciever, it could prolong Brett's career, he could apologize for everything bad he ever said about GB, he could talk about how horrible it was to be a Viking, say he wished he had never caught any passes against us, talk about how great it is to be a Packer, say he wished he had always been a Packer; part of the greatest organization in pro sports, and watch him catch the winning TD pass against Minn twice a year. OK...I'm done fantasizing now.LOL

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Rob I think you need to go back and read every word in my post. If you'd like to respond by pm, that is fine. The things you seemed to think I thought I don't and didn't post. I think if TA thought the same as you about my opinions, then he needs to go back and re read the post. I know they're long but when I say something, I try to make it mean something.

To sum it up on what I've said in this thread. Favre is not as good as he used to be. He can no longer make a average WR great like he did with Bill Schroeder. He needs to be coached better in his game management skills and overall decision making. Favre is too blame for the INT's as much as the WR's, O-line, coaching, etc.. Seems like people fade away and blame it on someone else. Football is a team oriented sport. Favre is still physically one of the best in the game. Mentally I question Favre from the things he's been saying.

Porky,

I apologize if I misinterpreted what you posted. I got the impression that you were mostly blaming Favre for last season's abysmal record. I don't agree with this assessment, but I did see some poor decision making on Favre's part. I specifically remember the pick he threw at Soldier Field just before halftime. That was nothing but extremely poor judgement on Favre's part, and ultimately was one that played a large role toward that loss. However, in the second half Favre threw another pick that was supposed to go to Driver on the sideline. The Bear's defense read that play and was in between Favre and Driver as the ball left Favre's hand. That was not a poor judgement that led to that pass, it was a classic example of the defense reading the play and reacting perfectly.

IMO, GB was dealt a hand of jokers last season, and I don't see us doing as bad this season. I have posted the concerns I have with this team as it currently stands, however I am not going to throw in the towel before the season even begins. Had we had Walker, Green, or Davenport on the field healthy, I think we would have overcome most of our 3 point losses and could have easily finished 9-7, if not better. Providing the O can get a grip on the new offense, we should have a much better season this year.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Drich318 said:
Uh No, we don't need Moss. Period.

We don't need Moss? No, not period. How can you say we do not need a receiver that can change the game in favor of your team?

Probably because he is a turd and has a huge potential to be a cancer in the locker room.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Tom allen what the heck are you talkin about... nowhere . not one single time did porky say brett favre was completly to blame... youve posted 32 times as of today and at least 30 of them were outrageous.

Thanks for reading the posts.. :D

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
TomAllen said:
All I'm saying is that if TT would have signed SOMEONE with high level skills at WR, this year Favre would smoke the league and you would have to eat your words.

That's all i'm saying.

THats what porky is sayin.... 8 years ago brett would have made our WR corps look like High level skills WRs but now adays hes gonna need a little more help. 10 years ago he wouldnt need TT to bring someone in... he would have done it on his own.

Packnic..that's exactly my point. NOBODY can do it on his own, even Brett Favre 10 years ago. He needs an o-line to pass protect and run block, receivers who can run good routes and get open and fight for the ball, a running game, etc.etc. You are holding him to too high a standard. One that Favre set, after all, but still he is human and not superman. I think that some Packer fans are spoiled by what Favre has done in GB year after year, and want him to pull the teams fat out the fire, no matter what. Even when he has no team around him--like last year.

And i'm not saying that Favre doesn't need coaching or whatever. But what I am saying is that certain posters here seem to be holding Favre way more accountable for what happened last year than he should be. It's a matter of degree. In my book, you can't really judge Favre too harshly for what happened last year because, let's face it, the Packers SUCKED last year!

Then Porky goes and says something like,
High leveled WR? Outside of TO was they're one. Eric Moulds ehh not really. Keyshaun Johnson not really..

I don't think I'll eat my words at all. Last year was clearly his worse year of his career and this year probably won't be his best.

Porky, I have read your posts, and I don't agree with your assessment of Brett Favre. And i'm willing to bet many here on this forum don't view GB's HOF QB as a washed up, has been, as you seem to.

Well, believe what you want. I can't wait to see Brett make you eat your words this year, as I know he will!

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Packnic said:

That's a lie, Packnic. I did not post that many times, nor did I say that Porky said that Brett Favre was "completely" to blame for last years season, and furthermore, none of my posts were outragerous.

Sir, you have slandered my good name!

:moon: :moon: :moon:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
porky88 said:
Packnic said:

That's a lie, Packnic. I did not post that many times, nor did I say that Porky said that Brett Favre was "completely" to blame for last years season, and furthermore, none of my posts were outragerous.

Sir, you have slandered my good name!

:moon: :moon: :moon:

Read it and weep

TomAllen said:
The point is is that you cannot hang all of this on Favre's shoulders considering the circumstances in GB last year, and from your posts you seem to be doing just that

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok Porky..

so you want to split hairs, eh?

From your posts, imo, you were putting a disproportionate amount of the blame on Favre for last year, claiming that he has "lost it", and is not very good anymore. That much is obvious. I can't argue this point anymore if you refuse to see the logic in that.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
ok Porky..

so you want to split hairs, eh?

From your posts, imo, you were putting a disproportionate amount of the blame on Favre for last year, claiming that he has "lost it", and is not very good anymore. That much is obvious. I can't argue this point anymore if you refuse to see the logic in that.

None of my posts in this thread say I put all the blame on Favre. In fact I just post Favre should be held accountable as well as coaches and players. You overreacted or didn't read through the posts. Saying I think Favre is washed up is all the proof needed. Never stated that nor do I think that. I expect better from Favre than what he did last year.

READ THE POSTS PLEASE

Members online

Latest posts