Moskito, Phil, Raider question

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this would never happen, but I'm just curious. A thought came to mind based on discussion from another thread. Some people think nobody would trade a #1 pick for Brett, which I believe is hogpooey. I'm sure Dallas, Jets, Ravins, Arizona, Detroit, and Buffalo would more than happy to give their #1 pick and more for Brett. Most likely Tampa, Washington, Chicago, Denver and Seattle would also. These just off the top of my head.

The question is would you gentlemen be willing to make the trade?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
I know this would never happen, but I'm just curious. A thought came to mind based on discussion from another thread. Some people think nobody would trade a #1 pick for Brett, which I believe is hogpooey. I'm sure Dallas, Jets, Ravins, Arizona, Detroit, and Buffalo would more than happy to give their #1 pick and more for Brett. Most likely Tampa, Washington, Chicago, Denver and Seattle would also. These just off the top of my head.

The question is would you gentlemen be willing to make the trade?
If made right now I say yes. With the Bears defense being outstanding and the running game being very good, Favre would instantly make them a serious contender to win the NFC. Favre would retire after the season I am sure but to give up a first rounder for a real chance for a title is a good move. Bears fans hate what Favre has done to us but respect him as a player. If McMahon can get a ring in Green Bay, then why not?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not pull the trigger on a trade for Favre. He's basically been the franchise and deserves to finish his career with the Packers. Now, on the other hand, if Favre approached me (if I was the GM) and requested a trade stating that he would like to finish the season with a contender and retire, I would grant him his wish out of pure respect.

I do not think you'll see Favre follow in the steps of Namath, Montana, etc. and play for someone else. (Just my humble opinion)

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course any of those teams you mentioned would quickly trade for Favre. The Bears' #1 pick is sitting on the bench these days - not a real big use for him. It's quite obvious that Favre is not the problem for the Packers and any team lacking talent at the QB position would gladly pick up one of the best QBs ever to play.

Could you imagine Favre in a Bears' uniform?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx,

I have a different slanted view on the question.

Would I trade him to any of the teams you mentioned... NO. It means too much to me and would make me sick to see Brett in any of the above mentioned uniforms.

Brett is my hero. I love this guy to death.

Would I trade him for a 1st round pick YES!

I would trade him to my A.F.C Raiders.... Could you imagine Brett being protected by Galloway, firing the ball down field to Randy Moss and Jerry Porter. It would bring tears to these old eyes.

He would get another Super Bowl ring that Brett deserves. I have a vision.... Brett, standing beside Al Davis holding the "L.T."... "A commitment to excelence."

I am getting goose bumbs." No, it is beyond goose bumps... I am getting a woody!

RP

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would trade for farve? Everyone knows he is going to retire after this year so why would anyone bring him in and teach him the offense, work on timing with new receivers, and waste all that time and effort for 12 games? There's no doubt that farve is one of the best to ever play the game but why get him for 3/4 of a season just to have to find a replacement next year? Even if he took whatever team to the superbowl they would be back to square one the next year. Also, farve seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't play for another team. He is loyal to green bay and I respect him for that even though I would have loved to have him in detroit 5 years ago.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Never mind that RP...

How about Brett in a purple uniform with horn on his helmet?

Talk about sickening.... :puke: :puke: :puke:

(I can see him as a Raaiidah..though...! :mossfro: )

Members online

Latest posts