Morrency

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching highlights of him last season. I never realized how good he was. I was focusing on Green too much. I know we do need a good running back with him. But does anyone else think this guy is very solid?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is solid. His numbers were better than Gado,etc.

He's not Larry Johnson or anything, but if you put a turner,buckhalter, or lynch, pittman with him, and we have a solid duo.

Wait a second....this thread is far too objective, let's go back to complaining about TT for being cheap and letting Ahman go! He was in his prime, you cheapskate son of a *****!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like what we have in morency. i don't know if he's solid because of his limited time last season, not being around for camp, etc., but i'd like to see the pack give him a shot. like trom said, let's get another guy back there with him for the one-two punch.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think he has a future as well, just we have unknown depth on the roster at this point. Not a gloom and doom time yet, but I hope Ted is doing his homework on back out there. Water over the damn for players already signed, so look to what is left, Dillion, Betts, Jones in Dallas?

Banking on the draft at #16 is tough, you have no idea how the players are going to break above you. So no guarantees on the first round backs.... plus in my head, veteran leadership in positions is vital, IMO.

He is in the equation in my book, just need a little veteran depth for insurance and in clutch situations in games.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching highlights of him last season. I never realized how good he was. I was focusing on Green too much. I know we do need a good running back with him. But does anyone else think this guy is very solid?

I'd like to see Morency/Marshawn Lynch split in the backfield (like we did with Bennett/Levens in '96). I seriously don't think we need to sign a free agent RB. It would be a mistake. Let's build the RB position through the draft. Besides, isn't the whole point of the zone blocking scheme that you could have any decent runner back there? They just have to be average or better? I think Morency is average (which is good enough). I enjoyed seeing what I've seen of him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Trouble with saying if a guy can is ready or is the right fit is we as fans dont really have the inside info on him..All we go by is what we see, and I think for the most part everyone can agree that he looks good..

Now what do the coaches really think of him, they must really like him other wise Green would probably would have been kept...As 93z said, you cant count on getting a Rb with #16..

It would be ideal to get someone with experience in there, so are they hoping on landing one of the last rb left now, or crossing fingers to get that guy in the draft

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Good change of pace back. Imagine him running the ball 25 times a game for 16 games.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can he get it done. ??IT??

The Packers will likely draft a replacement for Green
and an upgrade over Herron.

Moron see?? Ted will peddle him to some _____ team.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Good change of pace back. Imagine him running the ball 25 times a game for 16 games.

Nobody in the league runs the ball 25 times a game for 16 games, nor should they. I think Morency is better than just a change of pace back. He could do half the job at running back. The other half will probably come from a rookie in 2007, whether or not it's Marshawn Lynch.

I do like it that you can have success with lesser RB's in the zone blocking scheme, but I also remember that Terrell Davis was instrumental in the Broncos' two championships, and just this year the Broncos paid big money for Travis Henry. So a very good back is always better than an average one, unless the money is too far out of line.

Members online

Latest posts