Morency out at least two weeks

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a story from the Green Bay Press-Gazette this afternoon. Bummer!

Morency out at least two weeks

Backup halfback Vernand Morency probably will miss at least two games for the Green Bay Packers because of a lower-back injury sustained Sunday against Arizona.

Morcency has been playing a significant role behind starter Ahman Green the past couple of weeks as the Packers have tried to limit Green’s carries because of injuries to both his hamstrings earlier this year. Morency rushed for 101 yards on only 11 carries against Arizona.

“You’re seeing (Morency) getting very comfortable with our run game,” coach Mike McCarthy said. “He’s been excellent on special teams, he’s a good football player. He’s a tough guy, very explosive. Unfortunately this is part of the game.”

With Morency out for at least two games, Noah Herron will be the Packers’ backup halfback. The team also is likely to add another halfback to the roster until Morency is ready to play again.

Starting fullback Brandon Miree is doubtful for Sunday's game at Buffalo with an injured elbow, according to McCarthy.

— Pete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, to be a fan of the Green Bay Packers. :)

Ahman\Herron combo gets to show what THEY got now.

I swear if THEY get a double 100 yard rushing game, ill flip out.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P.J. Pope

"Four-year letterwinner at Bowling Green (2002-05) left school as the only player in school history to rush for more than 3,000 career yards and accumulate more than 1,000 receiving yards".

That's a nice stat, I must say !!! But I am praying for a early return of Morency !!!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy says David Martin is fine. So that's good news. The injuries to Morency and Miree both hurt, but as McCarthy says "it isn't like I go sit in a corner and cry about it"....I have a feeling this guy is gonna get a set of one liners.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing both Morency and Miree for the Buffalo game does hurt.
Morency is looking very good running the ball.
Miree has been doing a heck of a nice job blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield for us.
Looks like they will have to give Henderson another shot this week. Hopefully he can give us a showing of his old self.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ Reading a Henderson article posted recently it sounded like he had rushed back into the lineup before he really should have, back when Vonta Leach was cut, as they didn't have another actual fullback on the roster. I'd like to think that with his time out of the starting lineup Henderson may have healed up and will be ready to turn back the clock a bit this Sunday.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
crap & little fishes! we need morency AND miree...here's hoping for a quick recovery for both.

Wow....I haven't heard swearing like that since I played high school ball...lol jk

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miree has been doing a heck of a nice job blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield for us.
Looks like they will have to give Henderson another shot this week. Hopefully he can give us a showing of his old self.

Not to put a damper on these injuries, but Noah Herron and William Henderson should be more than enough to hold off the "Bungalow Bilges" this Sunday.

However, we will need a healthy team when we enter the Terror Dome next week.

But that is just MHO. :soapbox: :beersign: :packbeer:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yooperfan said:

Not to put a damper on these injuries, but Noah Herron and William Henderson should be more than enough to hold off the "Bungalow Bilges" this Sunday.

However, we will need a healthy team when we enter the Terror Dome next week.

But that is just MHO. :soapbox: :beersign: :packbeer:

I agree and if we can get away with holding out some players and still win, then do it

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
crap & little fishes! we need morency AND miree...here's hoping for a quick recovery for both.

Wow....I haven't heard swearing like that since I played high school ball...lol jk

yeah, i had to dig deep into the NON-cussing parts of my brain to come up with that one!! it was exhausting! ;) LOL.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt that Henderson has to be itching to get back in the lineup. Green will have to carry a little more of the load for a couple of weeks.

Not the greatest of news but offset somewhat by the fact Martin, Driver, and Jennings will be able to go.

This is why it is so important to build depth on the team. By now most teams injury list looks like a train wreck and thats why getting the best 53 as possible is so vital.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is everyone whining about Miree being out? Is William freaking Henderson a dropoff at all? No. He's probably even more dangerous than Miree in the passing game.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That guy "Pope" you all signed from Da Bear PS is a good player. He would be active on most NFL teams' rosters. We were hoping he wouldnt slip away and we'd bring him up next season. Oh well, thanks for Hillenmeyer.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
rumor has it he might miss up to 4 weeks..and ~~ the Packers have brought in Pope from the Bears??

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/player.asp?player_id=68

Bears | Packers sign Pope off Bears' practice squad
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:08:26 -0800

The Green Bay Packers have announced the signing of RB P.J. Pope (Bears) from the Chicago Bears' practice squad.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt that Henderson has to be itching to get back in the lineup. Green will have to carry a little more of the load for a couple of weeks.

Not the greatest of news but offset somewhat by the fact Martin, Driver, and Jennings will be able to go.

This is why it is so important to build depth on the team. By now most teams injury list looks like a train wreck and thats why getting the best 53 as possible is so vital.

Amen, brotha!

Members online

Latest posts