More TT speculation

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More of the Packers beat writers are bemoaning the large amount of cap space TT is not using.

Seems fairly simple to me: Randy Moss.

Florio at ProFootballTalk said his sources say Favre has been really banging TT about getting Randy Moss. While TT isn't big on this thing, he might be more inclined after letting A. Green slip away.

When the deal gets done, it probably will mean about $10 mill in guaranteed money upfront. TT will want to compress the contract to 2, maybe three years. So he's reserving the motherload to drop on Randy the first year, so it won't eat up cap room down the line when the lid might be a little tighter.

He also might try to extend Nick Barnett before the season begins and that, too, will eat up mucho dinero.

I think TT has evolved to see 2007 as the watershed year for the Packers.
This easily could be Favre's last grasp at the ring. With Moss and Favre on the same team, the networks will be all over it which means additional dollars for Green Bay peripherally. More exposure, more sales, more revenue.

ONE of these year's will be Favre's last, and the team might risk bringing in a moron like Randy in the hope it gives them one last chance.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have mentioned that same situation a few times already.

makes sense to me

My therory is..

if the packers did sign a few agents in the 1st week then a Moss trade probably wasnt going to happen..but since no one that really took any cap space was signed then a Moss trade is a very real possibility..Along with them talking to Barrnets agent ( as the season ended) makes even more sense..

Save cap for Randy and to extend Nick..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yep, I agree on the ear-marked dollars for Barrett sitting there... I like the thought of front loaded contract as long as they don't start whinning in year three and four that they aren't getting paid fairly....:(

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone out there find one quote, one person, who is involved with Randy Moss or the Packers who can confirm anything, other than Bus Cook?

I think he is the one behind the hoax.

Bob McGinn's articles at MJS cite only one source. I think it is Bus Cook. No one else has said anything.

Free agency is like a garage sale of unwanted players. Why overpay?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Extending Barnett, and Corey Williams. Williams is IMHO a real up and comer whom I would like to see locked up.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheese, could you give me a quote from Willis McGehee or the Baltimore organization about that trade before it got completed? This is the first rumor started to debunk another rumor....good job....just teasing Cali, I can understand the pessimistic attitude, because I was and still am standing on the Aaron Rodgers is not getting traded bandwagon....anyways funny we haven't heard from Aargo from PC, because everytime this season he said it was a done deal it doesn't happen and the player signs somewhere else...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the feeling that having Moss will bring Favre back for another year after this. That's IF the Packers make the playoffs this year. I think if GB makes the playoffs, Favre returns for one more year. That's just my hunch on that.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take on this is regardless of whether it's Moss or whoever TT knows he will be paying more over the next several years for the "money" positions.

We are overpaying Bubba, Favre and DD are on par, but he knows to get the players we need to win he needs to have an amount of money for the TE's, QB's, WR's, and RB's.

Just look at the current payroll at these positions of teams that are winning.

Within two years what needs to be held in reserve to pay these people will need to be a hell of a lot more than what we are paying now. That's why he hasn't overpaid safeties, guards, and, others to come in here so far.

The payroll is generally a little more top heavy in the positions I have named here and TT knows that will be adjusted before long. I mean whatever he is paying Morency is not what he will be paying our starting RB for long.

Members online

Latest posts