More than you ever wanted to know about Joe Toledo....

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Enjoy...

http://www.packerupdate.com/packer_update/2008/03/holy-toledo-tac.html

The signing of offensive tackle Joe Toledo was so insignificant that the Packers own web site didn’t even bother mentioning it, but according to a person familiar with the ex-Dolphin, this minor acquisition could pay major dividends. “He showed flashes of potential in Miami, but he just couldn’t stay healthy,” said the source. “The kid is huge, athletic and versatile enough to play on either side of the line. I would never count on him due to his long history of injuries dating back to the University of Washington, but he’s well worth bringing to camp.” As of right now, the coaching staff is working Toledo behind veteran Mark Tauscher at right tackle.

http://gohuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102805aac.html

"In the Trenches with Joe"

The football season hasn't gone as exactly planned for Husky offensive tackle Joe Toledo. The senior made a seamless transition from tight end to the offensive line during the spring, but has been limited to just two games this year after suffering an ankle injury during the first game of the season. Toledo is now back in the fold for the Huskies and is hoping that he can help the team turn it around in their last four games of the season.

Gohuskies.com: How did it feel to get back on the feel after your injury?
Joe Toledo: "It felt good to get back out there. That is what you do all off season, is getting ready for the season, and not being able to play those first few games hurt, but it felt good to get back out there."

GH: Did your foot give you any trouble, or did you completely recover?
JT: "I am not completely healed. It still bothers me a little bit, but you have to be able to play football. You have to be able to play the game of football with a little bit of pain. I mean it felt all right. It felt good enough for me to do some things all right."

GH: What do you work on in practice to be consistent?
JT: "Coach Willingham always preaches that you have to give your full effort--to play in and to play out, and take each play one at time. Also to work hard in practice, because that will carry over to the football field on game day."

GH: How do you move on week by week, after each game?
JT: "I love to play the game of football. I love competing. I have been doing this with all the sports I have played since I was a little kid. And when every Tuesday comes around, it is just a new week to get ready for a new team, and you just have to be able to put things behind you and move on, and sometimes it's hard, but we have another opportunity this week to get better, put a good game together."

GH: How do you stay focused through out the season?
JT: "Well it is my senior year, and a lot of things are wrapping down. Football is wrapping down. I am going to be done with school at the end of this quarter. So I knew going into this quarter that I was going to have to be focused, and stay focused no matter what. Playing at a school like this, where football is big, it is kind of easy to stay focused with all the coaches and players behind you."

GH: Do you think how this season is going is going to affect your chances to making it to the league?
JT: "Every time your team does well, it is going to help you out individually. But as far as I am concerned, I just have to go out and play hard every down, and let that take care of it self. I know they are going to look at the team as a whole, but hopefully they look at what I am doing individually, and make their judgments on that."

http://gohuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/toledo_joe00.html

Washington:
2004: Moves over to offensive tackle after playing tight end his first four years at Washington ... appeared in 10 games, starting nine times ... did not play in season opener vs. Fresno State ... tied for second on the team with 19 receptions for 202 yards ... averaged 10.6 yards per reception ... had a pair of TD catches ... caught first career TD vs. Oregon State, a 24-yard toss from Isaiah Stanback (only catch of that game) ... started at USC and had one catch for 16 yards ... caught one pass for nine yards at Oregon ... leading receiver vs. Arizona with six catches for 62 yards ... had a single reception for 10 yards vs. California ... sat out Fresno State game with groin injury but started vs. UCLA where he had his first catch, a nine yarder ... caught two passes for 27 yards at Notre Dame ... started at Stanford (no catches) ... leading receiver vs. SJSU with three catches for 30 yards ... named the KING-TV Most Improved Offensive Player. 2003: Appeared in just three games during the season due to injuries ... had five receptions for 70 yards ... caught three passes for 26 yards in the season opener against Ohio State ... recorded his longest catch, a 35-yard, versus Indiana ... missed five games due to the back injury before returning for the USC game ... had one grab in that contest for nine yards ... did not play in the final four games of the season. 2002: Was the backup to Ware at the position in 2002 ... started five times in a two-tight end set, including the Sun Bowl against Purdue ... caught three passes for 19 yards ... first career catch came against California ... had two receptions for 16 yards at USC ... also a regular on several of the special teams ... a recipient of the UW's Travis Spring Most Outstanding Freshman Award at the team's postseason awards banquet. 2001: Redshirted the season after breaking his foot in fall practice ... missed six weeks of practice to rehab the injury ... participated for the first time in workouts leading up to Huskies' win over Arizona State.

High School and Personal: Born in Omaha, Neb. ... parents are Katherine, a dietician, and Chris, a member of the U.S. Secret Service ... has two older siblings, Miranda and Jonathan ... pulled in 34 catches for 930 yards (27.4 yards per reception) and 11 TDs as a senior ... also made 51 tackles, five sacks and recovered three fumbles as a defensive end ... finished his career with 75 receptions for 1,792 yards and 19 TDs ... as a senior, caught 12 passes for 151 yards and a score, and added a sack and a forced fumble on defense, in a win over Torrey Pines ... a PrepStar All-American and SuperPrep All-West Region pick ... ranked fourth nationally at the athlete position by PrepStar ... ranked 11th in the nation at TE by Rivals.com ... 12th overall at TE in Student Sports ... earned four of a possible five stars from Rivals.com ... ranked 10th in the nation on the offensive line by Prep Football Report ... a member of the Tacoma News-Tribune's "Western 100" team ... a two-time all-CIF selection ... a first-team All-Avocado League selection ... also lettered in basketball and baseball ... majoring in law, society and justice.

A "Little" Scouting report http://www.draftace.com/profiles/2006/joe_toledo.htm

Strenghts: Good all around athlete. Excellent size and strength. Has decent quickness and agility. Very quick to get into position off the snap. Smart player, willing to put forth the effort to improve.

Weaknesses: Has just one year of experience at offensive tackle. Isn't explosive and doesn't play with enough of a mean streak in run blocking. Technique is very raw. Needs to improve his balance and lower body strength.

Comments: Played first three season at tight end. A superior athlete for an offensive lineman. Has a ton of upside and could be drafted high based strictly on potential. Won't be much of a factor as a rookie, but has the chance to develop into a starter at the next level.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/268156_toledo27.html

Former Huskies lineman primed for NFL career

By MOLLY YANITY
P-I REPORTER

Joe Toledo had two football goals when he came to the University of Washington -- win games and then play professional football.

"I always wanted to win," he said Wednesday from Newport Beach, Calif., "and that didn't exactly work out. But my second goal was always to make it to the NFL."

With that in mind, Toledo will hang out with his family in Southern California this weekend and wait for the phone to ring. Draft analysts predict he will be selected as early as the third round and no later than the sixth.

"I guess Mel (Kiper Jr. of ESPN) and Chris Mortensen have me being a real athletic guy, but those guys don't have any picks on Saturday or Sunday, so we'll just wait to see what happens," Toledo said.

Toledo, who moved from tight end to offensive tackle before his final season at Washington, is 6 feet 5 1/2, 337 pounds, and moves easily for his size.

Bob Rang, a Tacoma-based senior analyst for NFLDraftScout.com, watched Toledo throughout his Huskies career.

"I think teams are intrigued by the fact that he was formerly a tight end. That means there's some athleticism there, then you see him and he's a bigger guy than you expected," Rang said. "When you hear tight end, you think 280 pounds. He is far from 280 pounds. He's a massive guy when you meet him."

Huskies coach Tyrone Willingham said this month he was surprised Toledo isn't projected to be selected higher.

"That position in professional football is a much-desired position," Willingham said. "Joe is a big man and he moves almost like he was a tight end."

The main knocks against Toledo are his lack of experience at tackle and a history of injuries.

"It's a legitimate concern," Toledo said of his inexperience, "but I think I played pretty well (last) year. We didn't have the turnout I would have liked as far as winning games, but I think I did a solid job (last) year."

Rang said the injuries may be more detrimental to Toledo's draft position than his rawness on the line.

"That's a red flag. Teams will do their homework. Honestly, I think it drops him a round, but not so much so that he won't be drafted," Rang said.

Toledo suffered a high ankle sprain in the 2005 season opener and missed six games. In 2003, he played just three games because of a back injury. He red-shirted in 2001 after suffering a broken foot in fall camp.

Toledo graduated in December and went to San Antonio to play in the East-West Shrine Game, where he played "not spectacular, but solid," Rang said.

"The fact that he was able to hold up reasonably well his senior year and was able to toughen up and played at the Shrine game was important."

Toledo rented an apartment in Newport Beach and trained for the NFL draft combine. He also participated in Pro Day and visited the Dolphins and Eagles for individual workouts. Toledo and his agent, Bruce Tollner, have heard from 12 to 15 interested teams.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z, I'll be watching the WI/Davidson game down here in NC on Friday. Of course, most of the state will be for Davidson, but it should be a good game.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Z, I'll be watching the WI/Davidson game down here in NC on Friday. Of course, most of the state will be for Davidson, but it should be a good game.

If money was a little more abundant this year, we were thinking about making the trip and attending the game.. relish down that way.. but alas lack of funds.

Curry is a treat to watch.. should be an interesting matchup, the Badger struggle to score at times, so if Curry and company get hot from deep, it could be trouble.

Best couple of weeks of the year for basketball.. bar none.

Reaction score
Heh, I just found out that in the 06 draft Toledo went one pick ahead of Will Blackmon.

Toledo went 114, and at 115 Packers picked Blackmon. Wonder if they had any interest in drafting Toledo then...

Members online

Latest posts