More Respect - Defense is getting noticed

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Other than not mentioning Harris but Woodson instead, I think it is pretty spot on. This is a Bears hometown rag too... burn baby bear burn.

audilbles

“Green Bay is pretty strong and physical on defense. If they can get to about 18 points in any game, they are going to be tough to beat because their defense is so good. I’m not sure who has the best defense in the NFC North. Green Bay’s is every bit as good as advertised. Their corners are solid. When Charles Woodson is healthy, who is better than him consistently? He can play with Champ (Bailey) when he is healthy. The ***** in their armor is at safety. Nick Collins flies up so fast he can’t see the ball going by. He wants to come up and make every play so hard. (Atari) Bigby wound up landing the other job by default. The best thing he does is hit people.”
“(Packers DT) Ryan Pickett is a tough run stuffer. He is the reason Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk make so many plays. They play two big hogs in front of them that allows them to run around and find the ball.”

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing Bigby does is play the position well.

And make me smile when I think about the fact that Marquand Manuel is gone. Yay!

good find, 93

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“(Packers DT) Ryan Pickett is a tough run stuffer. He is the reason Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk make so many plays. They play two big hogs in front of them that allows them to run around and find the ball.”

Strange, i dont remember hearing Picketts name once this year or seeing him on the field. Maybe i wasnt paying attention ??

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Strange, i dont remember hearing Picketts name once this year or seeing him on the field. Maybe i wasnt paying attention ??

If you viewed the highlight videos that were prepared by someone we both know, you'd have seen him :)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

You haven't seen it much but watch him stand up the interior of the opposing line, kinda like Gravedigger in a way. Except Pickett doesn't have the pass rushing skills that Big Gil had.

That is my hope for Harrell, that he can be the penetrator that Doston was in the mid 90's. Williams flashes that at times, and others he disappears... kinda like Hunt did.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I check Pro Football Weekly just about every day. They are the one site I often take more serious then others. It's encouraging to see that material up there as they haven't been that high on the Packers as of late.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I like there audibles and whispers more than anything... but they seem to be decent and actually know the game vs. some of the others writers and sites out there.

But like most, it is just there opinion vs. reality, so take it for what it is worth moreso.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their radio show is also excellent.

EDIT: Although I beileve it's no longer on the air in Green Bay. I think we get the Parcell and Keyshaun one instead. :cry:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Being noticed is good, but I just heard frickin' Terrell Davis on NFL network say that the Green Bay Packers are the biggest "Pretender's" in the league right now. And then whoever else was with him was like, "ahh man, so beating them in a super bowl wasn't enough for you??" and he goes on to say, "nope, sure wasn't," or something to that affect.

Man, I can't stand that guy!! He's always raggin' on the pack.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being noticed is good, but I just heard frickin' Terrell Davis on NFL network say that the Green Bay Packers are the biggest "Pretender's" in the league right now. And then whoever else was with him was like, "ahh man, so beating them in a super bowl wasn't enough for you??" and he goes on to say, "nope, sure wasn't," or something to that affect.

He's also the biggest Denver homer in the world and shouldn't be on there giving opinions. They had a segment on all 2-0 teams and which one's were legitimate playoff teams. I bet you can't guess who he went with.

Denver. They beat two weak teams. Barely. Doesn't matter.

Goes on to say Cultler looks like a young Elway which makes no sense because it took an OLD Elway to get them anywhere in the first place. Let alone how much against the odds a young QB is getting into the playoffs when you look at it. Very improbable. Not in his mind. NO. Denver all the way.

I hope we kick the crap out of them when we play them just because of him. Everything he said made him look like a **** and the other guys were actually kind of laughing at how hard he was trying to get his point across.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
DoddPower said:

He's also the biggest Denver homer in the world and shouldn't be on there giving opinions. They had a segment on all 2-0 teams and which one's were legitimate playoff teams. I bet you can't guess who he went with.

Denver. They beat two weak teams. Barely. Doesn't matter.

Goes on to say Cultler looks like a young Elway which makes no sense because it took an OLD Elway to get them anywhere in the first place. Let alone how much against the odds a young QB is getting into the playoffs when you look at it. Very improbable. Not in his mind. NO. Denver all the way.

I hope we kick the crap out of them when we play them just because of him. Everything he said made him look like a **** and the other guys were actually kind of laughing at how hard he was trying to get his point across.

Yeah, I hear ya man, dude's a ******. I really wish they would get someone else up there because his opinions are obviously skewed.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He predicted them to win like 5 games this year so he doesn't want to have to eat his words. If they beat San Diego next week or Chicago in three weeks then he may have no choice.

Members online

Latest posts