More Javon Walker......

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being the big, grown up man that he is, Javon now has his stepfather acting as a mouthpiece in the paper.

Atta boy...perhaps soon you will outgrow your Grrrranimals and will be allowed to walk further than around the block.

*****! (The word would be slang for cat....damn editing)

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
over at jsonline at the top of the front page. I am not good at linking, so go at it.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, well, well....let's see if we can't wheel and deal with Denver. Move his whiney *** outta town.

Broncos have assets for dealing
Denver's extra picks could lead to trade for Packers' Walker

Javon WalkerSTORY TOOLS
Email this story | Print By Jeff Legwold, Rocky Mountain News
March 28, 2006
ORLANDO, Fla. - Armed with extra draft picks in the first and fourth rounds of the April draft, the Denver Broncos are searching for potential deals.
Two sources in the league said Monday that Broncos coach Mike Shanahan has made informal inquiries about Green Bay Packers receiver Javon Walker. Those discussions have included former Packers coach Mike Sherman, who is now on the Houston Texans staff.

Shanahan could not be reached for comment.

Walker, who publicly has threatened to retire instead of play for the Packers again, is under contract to Green Bay for the 2006 season, during which he is scheduled to count $1,165,000 against the salary cap.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said he has "received inquiries" about Walker and would listen to any proposed deals. Thompson has not publicly given Walker permission to seek a trade on his own.

The fifth-year veteran is coming off surgery to repair the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Walker was injured in the Packers' 2005 opener and underwent surgery in mid-September.

He is unhappy with his contract - he's in the final year of a $6.7 million deal he signed in 2002 - and held out of Green Bay's minicamps last season in search of a new deal. He returned to the team for training camp and was injured against the Detroit Lions.

Walker had 1,382 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns in 2004.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See Digs this is another point why TT should have signed Vinatieri so Adam will have given this Javon Punk and his Stepdaddy a big Kick in the *** out of Wisconsin !!!

Just as a training thing !!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon Walker was like one of my favirote players but i have never seen a bigger baby in my life. All TT wants is him to prove himself after he had got hurt and he would probably get the money he wants but he is basically pulling a T.O and i hope he is gone

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe the arrogance of some of these guys. Doesn't he realize that he is property of the Green Bay Packers? WE traded up in round 1, giving up a second rounder and waited for his third season for him to reach his potential. We owe him nothing but the contract he signed.

If players would ever give back money when they played beneath their contracts, maybe then players would have more rights to renegotiate a new contract when they outplay the original.

I have zero tolerance or sympathy for Javon. It really is a shame though, he has the skills to be a great player. Same old song and dance I guess, million dollar athlete with a ten cent head.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"He said Walker's home in Green Bay, WHICH HE PURCHASED FROM FORMER PACKERS DEFENSIVE END JAMAL REYNOLDS about two years ago, will be on the market by Wednesday."

Ah, so there's the problem.... He bought his house from Jamal Reynolds. That's some bad Packer karma right there....

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
"He said Walker's home in Green Bay, WHICH HE PURCHASED FROM FORMER PACKERS DEFENSIVE END JAMAL REYNOLDS about two years ago, will be on the market by Wednesday."

Ah, so there's the problem.... He bought his house from Jamal Reynolds. That's some bad Packer karma right there....
Maybe there is a bong room down in the basement where Cletidus and Smokin Joe Johnson hung out.

Has anyone ever figured out who gets responsibility for drafting Jamaal Reynolds, Wolf or Sherman? Drafting Florida State DE's, Penn State running backs, or Florida receivers is not the way to keep a GM job.

Nice post Greg and thanks for the humor, it has been rare around Packerland lately.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

The Packers should purchase that house and burn it. :hammer:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
Greg C. said:

LOL! awesome idea!

Tightwad Ted has money to spend right? lets buy that house and burn it! lol

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It amazes me how clueless Walker and the people around him are about the way the NFL salary system works...No matter what he's done on the field, he's going to have to put in another year, it's just common sense...Any team would make him. :roll:

It's almost like he doesn't think he can put up similar numbers! Terrified about injury, I guess...

But the bottom-line is:

Money talks.

I like what TT is doing with this...

Walker wouldn't retire, and lose money, he's just trying to talk and steadly work his way out of GB...

TT could easily make him suit up for us again...There's just no way out for Walker, minus throwing away his life's work. He's certainly doing everything he can...

I guess the big question is "Do we want Walker back?"

I feel the same way about Soriano in baseball...He doesn't want to be here, and I don't want him sulking around pulling a MacKenzie out there...

There is also a valid point that this guy is a distraction...I want this team to focus during camp this year.

He needs to be moved. Just on TT's terms, whenever it best suits the team...

Hopefully sooner rather then later...

Just the way I see it.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a spoiled kid and what he really needs is a spanking. Sheesh, who does this guy think he is? The second coming?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
Greg C. said:

I bet Trom would be happy if the packers purchased the house and put ahmad carrol in it.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its sad because I would give up so much just to play one min with the packers and this guy doesnt want to at all.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......it came out Walker hates Favre, and wouldn't play with him ever again. And even if Favre doesn't come back, Walker won't play. Geez......what a spoiled brat. I wish they could find the WORST team in the league, and send him there. Now i do hope they trade him, and get at least a draft pick for his butt.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a big reason why Walker had a pro bowl year with out Favre if walker had a bad QB throwing balls his way he may have never made the pro bowl.

Cya Later Walker

Members online

Latest posts