More Hawk Info

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By virtue of position, if both players live up to their potential, Mario would have more impact being a disruptive force on pass defense. My understanding is Williams may have more upside than any player in the draft. That's hard to ignore.
Certainly there is history to prove that players who look great coming out of college will bust, but there have also been just as many that have become great players.
I don't know what all Reynolds had going for him but I doubt it was 6' 7", 285lbs, and a 4.66 forty. Not many guys could match up with that.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
skibum55 said:
Let me throw a "how about this scenario" at you guys:

IMHO we draft Williams at #5 - then move KGB to LB where his speed and size would be more of an asset than DE.

Don't laugh too loud, I had too many :beer: :beer: :beer: last night.

:chug: :idea:

Good thinking question. However, Mel Kiper, Jr. has Williams projected as the # 3 in talent evaluation. Assuming the Packers are fortunate enough to get him, and if Kampy leaves, who then will anchor the other end? Anyway, KGB has enough problems taking on the running game without maching him up over the middle. We need "real" linebackers in there, not another ******* out of place, Sherman style!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce: Why do you assume that net is buying "the PR hype" on Hawk? I haven't heard any PR hype because I don't keep up on that stuff, but I've seen Hawk play a couple times, and he looked great against quality competition. It's confusing to me how a 40-yard dash and a bench press should suddenly negate what he did on the field.

Also, I'm curious about those "can't-miss" Ohio State linebackers who didn't pan out in the pros. Any names that I would have heard of?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have switched from Hawk to Mario. Not because I don't think Hawk will not be a great player. I do.
Projecting into the future is speculation. We all know that.

If in looking to the future you give these two guys an equal shot at being All-Pro type players than Mario is your man.
Any team with an All Pro Lb would trade for an All Pro DE in a heartbeat.

A great DE can have so much more impact and will make the other guys around him better more so than a LB can.

They say Mario may have more upside than anyone in this years draft. Given the position he plays I have to go with him over Hawk.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those that are switching - Keep yer eyes peeled on several web sites, for a slight trick of the Texans makin' a grab for Mario over all others....

It's still a possibility!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
For those that are switching - Keep yer eyes peeled on several web sites, for a slight trick of the Texans makin' a grab for Mario over all others....

Wouldn't you know it, I go and switch allegiances and just like that, my hopes are dashed.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

I was rooting for Mario, then it was stated he "randy moss" on plays which really turned me off. Now I keep reading about his coachs and teamates who say the reason his numbers weren't as impressive was because he was always the focus of the other teams offense and it took him the first half the season to figure out how to beat the attention he was getting. It was also said by coachs an teamates that he works very ******* every play.

Do I believe posters here without proof or what the coachs/teamates say?

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Mario Williams really wants to play in GB and big money isn't all the issue---a similiar situation with Reggie White (money not the issue)---he can do the same thing that Reggie Bush has done---simply tell all teams picking before him he will not sign or play for them, that he will only play in GB. If others can do it, so can he. And a team is likely to stay away from a player who isn't happy playing for them. Reggie told his agent he will not play in GB under any circumstances, and if the Packers were stupid enough to draft him ( even if that was a posibility ) they would suffer the consequences. So if Mario really wants to play for the Packers, he needs to set stringent parameters for other teams with a cost prohibitive theme. And if the Packers don't get Mario, I can just see the Vikings' and Bears' fans gloating like hell over the loss!

Members online

Latest posts